A New Chapter Part 8

Started by wannable, June 13, 2022, 03:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

changemhysoul

Yeah, most fans don't want to see them around.

There are some (mainly on tumblr, funny enough) that want to see them back at some events and in some cases, they want them to fully comeback or agree to a half in/half out.

I've already made my thoughts about this clear in some cases but for me, I've made peace with whatever they do. I'll say as far as fans, it's a little idealistic to expect them not to go back for some events. I'm not saying all but some. If they go, I'll support and if they don't go, I'll support. I have deeper thoughts on this (aspect's that I feel like fans ignore/want to pretend aren't there) so, if you'd like to know I could message you about it as it's not for this.

But yeah, it's really one those of thing's that we'll have to wait and see about.

Macrobug67

Guys.  This is a divisive topic and people have some strong opinions. ( which is fabulous!)  Please, please kept it respectful, don?t attack others, don?t be dismissive of others opinions.  Keep the focus on the topic not each other?s opinions.  Example:  You are crazy to have that opinion. Bad :thumbsdown:     Instead:  I don?t agree and this is why.  :flower3:  Thank you

wannable

^^Thank you, but I think I know/read the roughly dozen with large followers that pretend aren't there. It's their own choice and freedom of speech or paid PR, whatever speculation from the ''other'' camp/basically the PPOW's camp. It really has no bearing to ''me'' in particular. I said the other day, that there are some crazed fans in both camps that have entered the twilight zone, real fruit and nuts. Scary people.

Macro thanks, the later part of the discussion has to do basically with social media; twitter, tumblr people in general with no names attached.

Macrobug67

Yep.  I know.  We have been developing a much nicer place here lately.  We want it to be a safe place to chat, disagree, debate.   We don?t want it to go back to that scary place that happened a few years ago  :consoling1:  :pillowfight: :high5:

wannable

:hug?: :flower: :shake:

:pillowfight: (I love the pillow fights though, feathers!!!)  :laugh:

Macrobug67

PrincessOfPeace

Macrobug67

Thanks.  I was trying to read that but it was behind a paywall

wannable

It's an edited version, I think I will purchase the book ''Courtiers'', it's not only about that household or the new household they had around August 2019 before leaving for good Dec. 2019. It must be very hard to start a new job and 8 months later...official Exit March 2020 with a think about it period of one year deal from Queen to the Sussexes, the 1 year reply was a Oprah Interview.  :laugh:

Latham was rehired by the Queen, last time I saw a picture of her was at the Jubilee
Fiona was hired by the Foreign & Commonwealth office
Those were the top 2 staffers hired August 2019, 2 others were rehired by the then Cambridges. The remainder were fired.

changemhysoul

I've read it, no new information.

Maybe more will be released in another excerpt.

wannable

No named staff (ers) will be ID'd by Harry and Meghan with those detailed quotes. And the whatever he wrote about other households will be ID'd too by Charles, Camilla, William and Kate.

It's like the book The Help, middleclass white ladies ID'd themselves treating their maids badly when the purchased the book. (The Film won accolades, the Oscar!)

Nightowl

Quote from: wannable on September 23, 2022, 01:23:00 PM
As were the York sisters and their husbands, second row.

The only non eldest in the eldest front row was the Prince of Wales, William and his family.

Peter and Zara are eldest to Harry

Question: why is there even an issue over this seating now?  Who cares about seating, is it more important then being at the funeral as that is what was taking place.  Harry and Meghan are not working members of the Firm/Royal Family anymore. That is on THEM, they were not kicked out, they ran away in a dreadful manner no less. Just being there to say goodby should be enough for Harry, what he does with *his life* is on HIM, not HM and anyone else.

changemhysoul

Lol, I honestly forgot this was something that was talked about but I assume it was brought up by some writer.

I don't really doubt Harry cared, front row, second row, we're all watching the same thing.

But I guess, him not caring doesn't mean other people won't.

Some care because they think it's not right.

Some care because they think it's a wonderful snub.

Some don't care at all.

Nightowl

I  only responded as I was reading the thread way up front and everything else happened in between. 

I only see Harry as a very angry bitter young man not getting his way on things that he wants.  Question: Has anyone ever said NO to Harry while living within the royal family?  I only ask that because of the expressions I see on his face *all* the time.  Maybe his exceptions of life while in the royal family have carried over to his present day life because I wonder if as a child or young teen he was always given everything he wanted and that can have an affect on his growing to adulthood. I am sure there are many families out there that have a member who wants, demands and feels entitled to whatever they want in life regardless of whether they deserve it or not.

I only wish Harry and Meghan to have a very peaceful and quiet life raising their beautiful children and that they make tons of money in Hollywood doing so. And please let the family across the pond alone. All this drama and hate is not good for the soul or a marriage.

changemhysoul

Fair thoughts, I guess I can only say.

I don't agree with most of your points for various reasons but I accept your view.

I do believe the family across the pond is just as involved with the drama also do to various things that happened before the split.

And Harry and Meghan aren't anywhere near Hollywood even though people keep saying this, Meghan wasn't even in Hollywood before she met Harry. She was apart of the tabloid drama life like she was until The British tabloid's sunk their claws into her. But yeah, just the Hollywood thing is...funny to me because they're no where near Hollywood and haven't even done anything with Hollywood even though people keep saying this.

If you'd like more information for my first two points, message me. I don't feel the need to drag it out here but I can understand where you're coming from.

wannable

Oprah, Ellen, Melissa McCarthy, Gayle King are considered Hollywood stars, the first one won an Oscar.

Oscar nominations come nowadays from Streaming Platforms: HBOMAX (Warner Bros and Discovery will be united in 2025 with this giant usually with 25 plus nominations), Amazon Prime, Netflix, Sony, Fox, Disney (all the Star Wars, Marvel, History Channel included in the streaming platform, Elephant voiced by Meghan is in the Disney platform) and the likes. When one checks since 3 years ago the nominees, it comes from streaming platforms rather than in the past from any film producer that sold to whomever they wished to. Nowadays these film producers belong to a streaming platform. i.e. Mission Impossible I, II, III, IV, V etc belong to Fox. So if Tom Cruise is nominated, that is 1 for Fox too. Lighting Director for MI, that is 2 for Fox too. Just clearing the past TV to Streaming Platforms, smart tv's, and how accolades work in Hollywood to date.

Leaving the men for last  :D Tyler Perry is Hollywood! George Clooney lately (or lastly) said he didn't know them, went to the wedding because he hadn't been before to a Royal Wedding.

changemhysoul

Fair enough,

To me Hollywood is actively being apart of the lifestyle and scene. A voice-over on an animal documentary and knowing people who really work in the scene. They live in Montecito, which is quiet. They don't go to industry parties, as much as it was thought, they're not attending the Oscar's or awards shows or parties. They went to the NAACP awards but I wouldn't put that in the same light as most Hollywood events. By all accounts, unless they have some event people said they're lowkey and they aren't seen much. To me, it's a very specific lifestyle as well. As well as being an actual place.

wannable

What is the lifestyle detail?

Celebrity parties (circuit of every weekend) are out dated. Thanks to the Pandemic, these people in Hollyweird have pandemic ways (positive changes, healthier lifestyles due to the lockdowns) when the pandemic is over. Taken over by 'milestones' or weddings, which for them it's not even frequent anymore. I remember before every bday year was celebrated, every halloween hollyweird party, every thanksgiving do, every whatever excuse was done, now it's like every 5/10 year milestone.

I don't know how E! Entertainment will survive.

changemhysoul

Just what you stated and those thing's are still happening, thing's are starting to open up. It's just more of the same and while people were restricted for a while, it didn't suddenly grind to halt. People just had to get better at hiding it.

As for E! News, I think they'll manage to survive. I don't know the numbers but everyone loves a little gossip and a interview here or there. :D

Macrobug67

Er. Guys? Back to the Sussexes, please.  Mercy Buckets.  :thumbsup:

Curryong

Quote from: Nightowl on September 23, 2022, 09:43:51 PM
I  only responded as I was reading the thread way up front and everything else happened in between. 

I only see Harry as a very angry bitter young man not getting his way on things that he wants.  Question: Has anyone ever said NO to Harry while living within the royal family?  I only ask that because of the expressions I see on his face *all* the time.  Maybe his exceptions of life while in the royal family have carried over to his present day life because I wonder if as a child or young teen he was always given everything he wanted and that can have an affect on his growing to adulthood. I am sure there are many families out there that have a member who wants, demands and feels entitled to whatever they want in life regardless of whether they deserve it or not.

I only wish Harry and Meghan to have a very peaceful and quiet life raising their beautiful children and that they make tons of money in Hollywood doing so. And please let the family across the pond alone. All this drama and hate is not good for the soul or a marriage.

Harry certainly wasn?t given special treatment at his prep boarding school nor at Eton. After the dreadful Nazi uniform thing he was punished by being sent to a pig farm to work. A photo of him looking extremely muddy doing work on the farm appeared on the front page of a tabloid shortly after. When there was a drug scandal marijuana) that broke out at the local pub near Highgrove it was Guy Pelly and 16 year old Harry who were fingered as being joint ringleaders for that, even though it was William?s circle of friends who gathered there.

After his mother?s death there were several instances of Harry, then in his early teens, being left at Highgrove to his own devices on holidays while his father worked solidly and spent much spare time with Camilla. So Yes, there were many times when Harry needed his dad and his dad wasn?t there and said No.

The Press painted a picture of the wild partying spare teen Harry versus the serious responsible Prince William. Both William and Harry and various girlfriends attended parties in which everyone was drunk but few stories came out about Will in comparison to Harry. (It was the same sort of thing that the Press of the time painted about Margaret and Elizabeth, but Elizabeth was immersed in domesticity from her early 20s, William wasn?t.)

Same thing happened when Harry and Chelsy went clubbing. So did William and Kate. Few photos appeared of a William and Kate in comparison to Harry and Chelsy, though both couples partied and partied hard at various London clubs.

Later, when the Princes began public duties there is little evidence that Harry thoroughly enjoyed being tacked on as a third wheel to William and Kate in many engagements rather than doing his own thing, but Harry was populat then and the Palace and staff at KP thought it was a great idea. So did the Press who enjoyed building a narrative of lonely Party Prince versus quiet responsible couple.

So yes Harry was treated differently to his brother throughout his teens and early 20s and in many cases not so well. Through all that time it?s notable that he started Sentebale in Africa, did military training, went to Afghanistan, trained on a long course to fly military helicopters and did other charity work, including in Africa. So his life wasn?t all parties and fun.

Curryong

Harry did not snub dinner with Charles at Balmoral, because of the quarrel over Meghan accompanying him  there or for any other reason in spite of The Sun?s original report that he did so, reports that have since been repeated by dozens of other media outlets all over the world. The reason being that Charles and William had already departed for Birkhall to eat there by the time Harry arrived.

Prince Harry did not snub King Charles III over alleged Meghan ban

wannable

Busy fighting with Charles whilst the Queen was in her deathbed. Day 1 word Go, he thinks in me myself and I.

I feel for William Andrew Edward and Sophie, they should have jetted off at the scheduled 1:30 pm.

Harry is very problematic.

wannable

Quote from: Curryong on September 24, 2022, 03:14:30 AM
Harry certainly wasn?t given special treatment at his prep boarding school nor at Eton. After the dreadful Nazi uniform thing he was punished by being sent to a pig farm to work. A photo of him looking extremely muddy doing work on the farm appeared on the front page of a tabloid shortly after. When there was a drug scandal marijuana) that broke out at the local pub near Highgrove it was Guy Pelly and 16 year old Harry who were fingered as being joint ringleaders for that, even though it was William?s circle of friends who gathered there.

After his mother?s death there were several instances of Harry, then in his early teens, being left at Highgrove to his own devices on holidays while his father worked solidly and spent much spare time with Camilla. So Yes, there were many times when Harry needed his dad and his dad wasn?t there and said No.

The Press painted a picture of the wild partying spare teen Harry versus the serious responsible Prince William. Both William and Harry and various girlfriends attended parties in which everyone was drunk but few stories came out about Will in comparison to Harry. (It was the same sort of thing that the Press of the time painted about Margaret and Elizabeth, but Elizabeth was immersed in domesticity from her early 20s, William wasn?t.)

Same thing happened when Harry and Chelsy went clubbing. So did William and Kate. Few photos appeared of a William and Kate in comparison to Harry and Chelsy, though both couples partied and partied hard at various London clubs.

Later, when the Princes began public duties there is little evidence that Harry thoroughly enjoyed being tacked on as a third wheel to William and Kate in many engagements rather than doing his own thing, but Harry was populat then and the Palace and staff at KP thought it was a great idea. So did the Press who enjoyed building a narrative of lonely Party Prince versus quiet responsible couple.

So yes Harry was treated differently to his brother throughout his teens and early 20s and in many cases not so well. Through all that time it?s notable that he started Sentebale in Africa, did military training, went to Afghanistan, trained on a long course to fly military helicopters and did other charity work, including in Africa. So his life wasn?t all parties and fun.

Harry went to the extreme with alcohol and drugs. Source Prince Harry Apple TV