Princess Beatrice and Count Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi are engaged, wedding 2020

Started by wannable, September 26, 2019, 12:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amabel

Quote from: TLLK on October 02, 2019, 10:04:42 PM
A destination wedding with all of the assorted Windsors is not likely to happen for Beatrice and Eduardo. However I don't see why they couldn't opt for a small private reception there if some of his family  and friends are unable to make it to the UK.
I wish they WOUDL marry in Italy and let Edo or Andrew or someone bear all th costs of the wedding...

Curryong

If it weren't for the Queen and possibly Prince Philip, being anxious about seeing all the older grandchildren wed, it would be the ideal solution, I agree. However I do think that Andrew is the main driver here. He wants to elevate the York branch of the family to what I believe he thinks is its correct level.

Hence he, not necessarily the bride and groom, wants the televised ceremony, the carriage ride, the Chapel crammed to the brim with Royal relatives, the marching guardsmen. And of course much of that is achieved through using his mother's money, facilities, produce, wine cellars, transport etc as well as pulling strings as a Prince. I do think that, given a choice, both Beatrice and Edo would prefer to have a quiet but beautiful wedding in Italy.

amabel

Who knows?  I don't grudge Bea and Eugenie having modest royal weddings.. as I think it is their only day to shine.. but the Andrew factor is so unpleasant now that I think that unfair as it is, Bea would really be better to opt for a quiet private wedding.. However Im sure she would want the queen to be there and Phil..as they are old now and may not be around that muich longer... and if she marries in England it is going to have to be a bit of a "royal wedding.." with some Publicity...

sandy

amabel

Quote from: sandy on October 03, 2019, 03:03:22 PM
Bea can't be a "step mummy" until after the marriage ceremony.
unless she drops Edo before the marriage she will be one...(or he leaves her)?.

LouisFerdinand

What will Princess Beatrice's title be when she marries Edoardo? Will she be Princess Beatrice, Mrs. Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi?

Curryong

Hasn't Eugenie made a point of having herself formally addressed as Princess Eugenie of York Mrs Jack Brooksbank? I read that she had. Beatrice will almost certainly do the same when she marries.

The only real modern equivalent except for Anne, (who was always addressed as Princess Anne AFAIR, not Mrs Phillips, until she became the Princess Royal) is Alexandra. I can't ever remember her being addressed as Hon Mrs/ Lady Ogilvy alone, but always as Princess Alexandra. (And even today Anne isn't Lady Lawrence.) So my guess is that formally all blood princesses are addressed in the same way, with the royal title first, followed by their marital name.

The form of address I'm talking about is when being announced at balls, notes in the CC, on envelopes, for example. I don't doubt that in everyday life Eugenie often goes by her married name. Doubt that Anne does, though. Different generation. And she is addressed as the Princess Royal alone.

sara8150

Princess Beatrice's Fianc? Is 'One of the Best Dads' | PEOPLE.com

Sarah Ferguson Will Make History at Princess Beatrice's Wedding | PEOPLE.com

Double post auto-merged: October 04, 2019, 02:18:52 AM

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on October 03, 2019, 11:57:08 PM
What will Princess Beatrice's title be when she marries Edoardo? Will she be Princess Beatrice, Mrs. Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi?

We have wait and see till wedding and HM Queen will confirmation for Beatrice kept titles as HRH Princess of York,Mrs.Mozzi or Countess Beatrice Mozzi but Beatrice still in throne or she will lose styled titles HRH like her mom the Duchess of York option

Princess Anne kept titles as HRH when she got married in 1973 they remarried in 1992 kept titles
Prince William kept titles as HRH when he got married in 2011
Princess Eugenie kept titles as HRH when she got married In 2018
Prince Harry kept titles as HRH when he got married in 2018
Prince Andrew kept titles as HRH when he got married in 1986
Prince Edward kept titles as HRH when he got married in 1999

Double post auto-merged: October 04, 2019, 02:21:19 AM

Quote from: Curryong on October 04, 2019, 12:30:00 AM
Hasn't Eugenie made a point of having herself formally addressed as Princess Eugenie of York Mrs Jack Brooksbank? I read that she had. Beatrice will almost certainly do the same when she marries.

The only real modern equivalent except for Anne, (who was always addressed as Princess Anne AFAIR, not Mrs Phillips, until she became the Princess Royal) is Alexandra. I can't ever remember her being addressed as Hon Mrs/ Lady Ogilvy alone, but always as Princess Alexandra. (And even today Anne isn't Lady Lawrence.) So my guess is that formally all blood princesses are addressed in the same way, with the royal title first, followed by their marital name.

The form of address I'm talking about is when being announced at balls, notes in the CC, on envelopes, for example. I don't doubt that in everyday life Eugenie often goes by her married name. Doubt that Anne does, though. Different generation. And she is addressed as the Princess Royal alone.

We have wait and see till HM Queen will confirmation for Beatrice kept titles HRH at wedding or mrs.mozzi, countess of mozzi option let HM Queen makes decisions day of wedding or Beatrice will lose HRH style like her mom the Duchess of York option

Double post auto-merged: October 04, 2019, 02:24:11 AM

Quote from: amabel on October 03, 2019, 06:52:54 AM
Who knows?  I don't grudge Bea and Eugenie having modest royal weddings.. as I think it is their only day to shine.. but the Andrew factor is so unpleasant now that I think that unfair as it is, Bea would really be better to opt for a quiet private wedding.. However Im sure she would want the queen to be there and Phil..as they are old now and may not be around that muich longer... and if she marries in England it is going to have to be a bit of a "royal wedding.." with some Publicity...

We have wait and see till wedding day will have public or private if have require televised or NOT!?! But Royal fans wanted see glimpses of Beatrice?s wedding gowns stay tuned and wait confirmation from Palace and Yorks

Double post auto-merged: October 04, 2019, 02:36:21 AM

Quote from: Curryong on October 03, 2019, 06:42:18 AM
If it weren't for the Queen and possibly Prince Philip, being anxious about seeing all the older grandchildren wed, it would be the ideal solution, I agree. However I do think that Andrew is the main driver here. He wants to elevate the York branch of the family to what I believe he thinks is its correct level.

Hence he, not necessarily the bride and groom, wants the televised ceremony, the carriage ride, the Chapel crammed to the brim with Royal relatives, the marching guardsmen. And of course much of that is achieved through using his mother's money, facilities, produce, wine cellars, transport etc as well as pulling strings as a Prince. I do think that, given a choice, both Beatrice and Edo would prefer to have a quiet but beautiful wedding in Italy.

We have wait and see if have wedding in Italy or London options HM Queen and Prince Philip too old to traveling flying to Italy UK government wouldn?t allowed that for HM Queen and Duke of Edinburgh

HM Queen never missed grandchildren wedding day it?s important for her must require have wedding in London we have wait confirmation from Palace and Yorks for wedding ceremony

Curryong

Why would Beatrice lose her HRH? She's not getting divorced from the Queen's son which was the reason Fergie (and Diana lost theirs. However they still remained the Duchess of York and the Princess of Wales respectively.

And an HRH is not regarded as a title. It's a styling. If HRH Princess Beatrice of York decided to marry in a South American jungle, in the US, in Italy or halfway up a volcano in Indonesia, she would be HRH Princess Beatrice of York before the ceremony and afterwards, with the marital name following the Princess of York bit.

The one and only person in the BRF who did not remain a Princess after marriage was Princess Patricia of Connaught. Her father was the Duke of Connaught, third son of Queen Victoria.

She dropped the Princess title of her own choice and volition on her marriage to Alexander Ramsay in 1919. It was not taken from her, she renounced it. She then became Lady Patricia (as the daughter of a Duke) Ramsay from then on.

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on October 04, 2019, 03:26:43 AM
Why would Beatrice lose her HRH? She's not getting divorced from the Queen's son which was the reason Fergie (and Diana lost theirs. However they still remained the Duchess of York and the Princess of Wales respectively.

And an HRH is not regarded as a title. It's a styling. If HRH Princess Beatrice of York decided to marry in a South American jungle, in the US, in Italy or halfway up a volcano in Indonesia, she would be HRH Princess Beatrice of York before the ceremony and afterwards, with the marital name following the Princess of York bit.

The one and only person in the BRF who did not remain a Princess after marriage was Princess Patricia of Connaught. Her father was the Duke of Connaught, third son of Queen Victoria.

She dropped the Princess title of her own choice and volition on her marriage to Alexander Ramsay in 1919. It was not taken from her, she renounced it. She then became Lady Patricia (as the daughter of a Duke) Ramsay from then on.

That exactly what I?m saying that!!

We have wait and see till wedding day will Beatrice kept titles from HM Queen stay tuned  🙏🏻🤞🏻

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: sara8150 on October 03, 2019, 02:57:23 PM
Sarah Ferguson to make royal history when Princess Beatrice weds thanks to change in marriage law | Daily Mail Online

Princess Beatrice is already a 'fantastic step-mummy', reveals friend  | Daily Mail Online

How Sarah Ferguson will make ROYAL HISTORY at Princess Beatrice?s wedding | HELLO!
I imagine that being a step mother is an important role and a serious and sensitive one, so I am happy to see that she is embracing it well before the marriage. I wasn't sure she felt that comfortable around children. This was just a feeling I got from her body language when she and all the little attendants were going into St. George's the day of Eugenie's wedding. 

sandy

She can't be a stepmother until they are actually married. She is the fiancee and has no status as stepmother. I don't think it great for the media to call her that. 

amabel

Quote from: sandy on October 04, 2019, 12:21:36 PM
She can't be a stepmother until they are actually married. She is the fiancee and has no status as stepmother. I don't think it great for the media to call her that. 
what does it matter?  Lots of people who are in  a live in relationship with someone who has a child.. are known as the child's step mother or father...

sandy

Bea is not living with the man. They did not set up housekeeping and establish a residence together. She can see the child without living with Edo. It does matter because she is not the child's stepmother legally. She and Edo are not married nor do they even have a common law marriage.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on October 04, 2019, 01:19:33 PM
Bea is not living with the man. They did not set up housekeeping and establish a residence together. She can see the child without living with Edo. It does matter because she is not the child's stepmother legally. She and Edo are not married nor do they even have a common law marriage.
what on earth does it matter?  They are engaged.. and lots of people are "step dad" to a girlfirends child, even if they are not legally married.

sandy

She is still not the stepmother of that child now.

What if a man dated a few women or lived with them would they "all" be stepmothers without a marriage license. I think not.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on October 04, 2019, 01:43:00 PM
She is still not the stepmother of that child now.

What if a man dated a few women or lived with them would they "all" be stepmothers without a marriage license. I think not.

If they had a relationship with the child, yes IMO they might well see them as a stepmum during the time of the relationship... I can't see why it is a big deal

wannable

I enjoy very much seeing royals (from all monarchies) getting married; basically to see the wedding dress, tiara, bridal party, the guest list - wedding attire 1 and 2, flower arrangements, the wedding service booklet (if not being broadcast).

amabel

Quote from: Curryong on October 04, 2019, 12:30:00 AM

The correct title.. I believe that the queen prefers is "Princess Mary, Mrs John Brown" or Princess Mary, Countess of Blank (Or in the case of P Alexandra she was Pss Alex the Hon Mrs Angus Ogilvy and later Angus got a knighthood..
... but in private I would imagine that Eugenie does go by her own name or "Mrs Brookbank" at work or in private social life..

Double post auto-merged: October 04, 2019, 02:55:01 PM

Quote from: wannable on October 04, 2019, 02:49:24 PM
I enjoy very much seeing royals (from all monarchies) getting married; basically to see the wedding dress, tiara, bridal party, the guest list - wedding attire 1 and 2, flower arrangements, the wedding service booklet (if not being broadcast).

A few pics of the bride in the dress and bouquet is enough IMO

sandy

There will be of course the official portrait of the couple after the wedding

dianab

Quote from: amabel on October 04, 2019, 01:53:10 PM
If they had a relationship with the child, yes IMO they might well see them as a stepmum during the time of the relationship... I can't see why it is a big deal
of course she can and already is a stepmother to his son... for godness sake it's not 19th century!

according to all accounts she's fond of the litlle boy and enjoys her time with him it's all what matters - to her, he's already family.

from which i read they're living together for most of their relationship.

even non married couples who lives in different homes the girlfriend or the boyfriend consider themselves a stepparent as they have a good relationship with the kid(s). and see themselves as one family.

sandy

I did not know there was a change in the law that a fiancee can become a stepmother. she is still not married to him. It's the 21st century and fiancees don't get stepmother status until they go through a wedding ceremony. She did not set up housekeeping with him and they did not move in together. By all accounts she has her own residence, they can spend nights together and time together but they did not establish their own household or moved in together.

I know people who married someone with a child or children and they never considered themselves stepparents until after the wedding.

Relationships can break up before engagements or marriage so a man can't tell every single one of his girlfriends to consider themselves stepmother to his children. Then a Child could have 5 stepmothers in the same year if that is the "Rule." she can be fond of the child as fiancee of his father. But she's still not stepmother.

Camilla for instance was never called stepmother of William and Harry until after the wedding ceremony took place.

I disagree with you.