Main Menu

Letizia's finger

Started by Sydney, December 15, 2007, 11:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nighthawk

I didn't realize that pointing ones fingers made that person bad :shrug:  I better stop point things out to my children and let them miss what I'm seeing.  I also thought pointing at people was the NO NO not at objects or things in the distance MY Bad.

Sydney

I didn't say she is evil for wanting to succeed in her career: I just said that rumour has it that she divorced because of that. And yes, she is lazy as she herself has proved.

Pointing things at your children is not bad, for God's sake. But in Spain, pointing at people (wether they are near or far) is not well seen. And pointing is something she does very regularly.

There is a "modify" button- please start using it!

Pri

I was taught the same.  I don't think Letizia's meant or means to be rude.  Perhaps, she was pointing at something rather than pointing at someone.
"I didn't really know what I wanted to do, but I knew the woman I wanted to become." DvF

Varya

Exactly Pri... just because there are instances where she points her finger at something (NOT necessarily someONE) does not automatically mean that she is doing it on purpose or to be rude. It also does not mean that she was not told/taught exactly what others have been taught, that pointing ones finger excessively is rude. I was taught that and I still occasionally catch myself pointing. :mellow:

And Sydney I am curious what you thought of Eva? You still have not answered that question...
SO I DID HAVE SIGNATURE UP HERE... but evidently it would probably have been removed so I removed it first. But bummer about the possible censorship!
Almost everything is speculation mixed with opinions... get over it!
Diana-ite #3 Chelsy-ite #8
NON[/colo

Elisevonblah

If pointing at/in the general direction of something/someone, not feeling well enough to stand around on her feet and have people fawn over her while she is pregnant, and putting her career ahead of a family while she was in her 20s are her worst crimes..she's still fine with me. I don't think she is perfect but these women who marry into royal families, especially if they marry an heir, come under extreme pressure. If they falter a bit that makes them human. Hopefully they will learn from their mistakes and improve. If they are still making those same mistakes in 20 years, then I'll judge them harshly. Sydney, if I may add my opion, it seems to me that your problem lies primarily with the media in Spain's portrayal of Letizia, and not with Letizia herslef. Is that accurate to say?
Disclaimer: This is my opinion, I have no facts

Sydney

No. It has nothing to do with how the media portrays her.

Varya

Than what is it exactly, if I may ask. Just curious.

And what does your sig say in English?
SO I DID HAVE SIGNATURE UP HERE... but evidently it would probably have been removed so I removed it first. But bummer about the possible censorship!
Almost everything is speculation mixed with opinions... get over it!
Diana-ite #3 Chelsy-ite #8
NON[/colo

Sydney

Varya, my sig cannot be translated because it doesn't make sense in English. It's a Spanish play on words...

Lila the Flirt

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila: