Re: KCIII and QC Enviornmental and Conservation Patronages, Charities and News

Started by wannable, March 22, 2019, 04:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

Clarence House
‏Verified account
@ClarenceHouse

The Prince of Wales, in his role as President of WWF UK will visit @NHM_London to attend the global premiere of a new David Attenborough series on @NetflixUK.
The Duke of Cambridge and The Duke of Sussex will also attend alongside The Prince.

Prince William had interviewed DA at the Davos.

TLLK

I believe that it has been awhile since father and sons had a joint engagement together without spouses etc.. :thumbsup:

Curryong

Yes, I really can't remember the last time this trio and an engagement together. There have been photocalls, I remember one with all three in RAF uniform, and there have been engagements of one brother or the other with their father at WW1 commemorations in the last few years. But all together? Very rare. I'm sure they will enjoy themselves.

Curryong

I'd forgotten about Vimy Ridge. There were quite a few of those commemorations in 2016/17/18 with various members of the RF and foreign royals and dignitaries. They looked as if they were enjoying being together, though it was a sad occasion.

wannable

Clarence House
‏Verified account
@ClarenceHouse

The global premiere of "Our Planet" takes place in London on April 4th, at the @NHM_London and Their Royal Highnesses will attend to help highlight the threat of climate change and the multi-generational dimension required to maintain our natural environment.

Princess Cassandra

I'm hoping someone in the press corps will get a nice picture of the three of them - sans others.

TLLK

Curryong

Males in the BRF always look good in uniform and in black tie. Sir David is a marvel at his age as well. The doco he did in which the Queen appeared talking about her BP gardens was very interesting.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Curryong on April 05, 2019, 02:05:17 AM
Males in the BRF always look good in uniform and in black tie. Sir David is a marvel at his age as well. The doco he did in which the Queen appeared talking about her BP gardens was very interesting.
Yes, I saw that, too.  He even pointed out something in her garden that she was unaware of.  She also was very down to earth in that video. 

TLLK

Twitter

QuoteClarence House
@ClarenceHouse
Read The Prince of Wales?s first speech on the environment, delivered at The Countryside Steering Committee for Wales in 1970

A speech by HRH The Prince of Wales at the Countryside In 1970 conference, Steering Committee for Wales, Cardiff | Prince of Wales

TLLK

Charles speech was in line with the conservation plans being launched in Europe that year. :)
QuoteThe object of this meeting today is to launch publicly the European Conservation Year in Wales. I have just been to Strasbourg, where a conference was held to inaugurate the whole business of conservation in a European context, and listened to an enormous amount of speeches and a great number of fine words. Obviously, it is absolutely essential to have conferences and large meetings in order to consolidate and discuss the wide variety of views and arguments put forward on the theme of conservation, but one must be aware of too great a sense of self-satisfaction and comforting complacency that words sometimes inspire. Not only that, but I now find myself in the unenviable position of being Chairman of the Welsh Countryside Committee - not Commission as some people seem to think - and also being personally fascinated by the problems of conservation at a time when the whole idea has become immensely fashionable.

We owe a great deal to the newspapers and press media, and particularly to the Herculean efforts of several Sunday newspapers, for all the recent interest that has developed in the problems of our present and future existence. There can be few people who have not heard of 'conservation' or 'pollution' or 'environment' or of such horrifying terms as 'Ecology' and the 'Biosphere'. But do they always know what they mean? Dr Frank Fraser Darling recently said that he was afraid, "people will get tired of the word ecology before they know what it means". I think there is a very real danger of this happening - of the whole thing being a temporary craze which reaches a peak of over-emphasis and then deflates itself rapidly.

Princess Cassandra

I had never read the speech before. It's quite a speech and shows that he considered the road to be a difficult one, which it has certainly proved to be. It also shows his understanding of the complexities of issue. Reading the speech gives comfort in some ways, because much progress has been made on some of the problems he mentions.  Addressing the environment is a difficult thing, because you have to request cultural changes on a global scale.  Amazingly, in many countries that is happening. But he is frustrated now, because the biggest polluters have huge populations and just feeding and maintaining is the priority at this time.

TLLK

Yes I agree Princess Cassandra that with the larger polluters ie: China this is a very difficult task.

PrincessOfPeace

Ahead of COP26, The Prince of Wales did an interview with BBC in the garden he designs for George:

Prince Charles: I understand climate activists' anger.

https://youtu.be/j1EUsGrIgMY

TLLK

PrincessOfPeace

The Prince of Wales outlines his continued commitment to mobilising action on climate change, at the 7th Our Ocean Conference.

https://twitter.com/DailyMirror/status/1514250442036981766?s=20&t=mVSibi7o4vEurdMYPosKHA