Pippa and James Mathews and Family chat

Started by missbliss, January 18, 2012, 12:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orchid

The fitness/weight-loss benefits are certainly mentioned in the article, although the focus is primarily on that particular age group (30-45) needing to feel like they're achieving something new... an outlet for personal success.  The article suggests that from 30+ people are more settled and steady and so begin looking for new challenges (in the form of athleticism).  I wonder if Pippa Middleton views these events as an outlet for success and achievement?  Could be.
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

ohsillyme

I was skeptical, but Pippa impresses me with her volunteer work. It can't be easy for her to carve out a future for herself, but she's handling herself better than I would've expected.

Orchid

It did cross my mind as to whether Pippa embarks on ambassador roles and charitable events out of a genuine humanitarian passion or whether it is more of an acceptable "pursuit" for the sister of the Duchess of Cambridge. James is participating in the event also and so the same question applies to him. I'm not necessarily saying I'm attaching these motivations to the endeavours, but rather just considering them in passing.  Either way, a charity is benefiting and Pippa and James are pursuing a personal accomplishment so everyone wins. 
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

AyVey

God I really like Pippa! She is my favorite Middleton after Mike. At this point she is doing more charitable work then her sister and there is no denial that she is ambitious, hard working, honest about her goals and have a get up and get things done attitude in her. Looks like Carole might have transferred all her hard work and drive to only child that is Pippa.

If you don't want to be criticized at all then say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.....

DaFluffs

I admire her work in doing physical feats for charity (remember the cross country skiing event a few years ago?)

And I like the charities she's chosen.  Solid charities w/solid goals.  No fluff.

But its not going to take long (a couple of seconds really) for her to surpass the charitable work of Someone Who Shall Not be Named when it is her job to perform charitable work.

missbliss

Twitter

There she is in her Lycra

Double post auto-merged: June 14, 2014, 11:11:05 PM

Pippa Middleton Cycles Through Oceanside on Cross-Country Race | NBC 7 San Diego

And she's off!  :)

cinrit

QuotePippa Lays Bare the Bottom Beauty Secret She Will Use to Stop Her Saddle Going Sore as She Sets Off On Epic Bike Race Across 12 American States  (VIDEO)

It is the most famous bottom in the world, inspiring admirers to set up a Facebook page and Twitter account in its honour.  And last night Pippa Middleton revealed she will protect her perfect posterior during a 3,000-mile bike race across America with a special 'buffering' cream designed to prevent chafing and saddle sores.

Pippa, 30, posed alongside team-mates yesterday as they prepared to embark on the gruelling Race Across America in aid of charity.

Pippa is the only woman in a team of eight, including her brother James, who set off from California yesterday with the aim of crossing 12 states in eight days.

In an exclusive interview just before setting off, Pippa told The Mail on Sunday she had stocked up with special 'chamois cream'.  'I think every cyclist including me will be layering it on,' she said. 'Once we get going it's non-stop, with very little sleep. It's nerve-racking but exciting and all for a great cause.'

More: 'I rub chamois cream into it': Pippa lays bare the bottom beauty secret she will use to stop her saddle going sore as she sets off on epic bike race

Cindy

Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

ohsillyme

Apparently,  her bike was laser cut  to her figure by measuring thousands of points on her body.

PrincessOfPeace

I like the Middletons. My kind of people. Pippa is looking fit in her cycling kit as well.

Macrobug

They have made it to Tuba City, AZ.  They have gone about 650 miles so far.  Averaging about 19 miles an hour.  Their team is in the middle of the pack.

So far  :happy20:
GNU Terry Pratchett

gec

I've been impressed with the ventures Pippa has pursued and the charity work she has been undertaking. She appears to be driven and ambitious, and used the publicity which she received post wedding to develop herself, her career, use her profile to gain publicity for worthy causes and to give back to the community through charity work.

ohsillyme

ohsillyme

I don't recall seeing Pippa's fundraising goal. Does she have one?

Macrobug

They're expected to hit Alamosa, CO, the 18th time station in about an hour.   They are 1000 miles in: 1/3 of the way.  Still in the middle of the pack.  And still average 19 miles an hour.  YEAH!! :yesss:
GNU Terry Pratchett

cate1949

I do not even want to think about what it will be like going over the Rockies - good for all the competitors!

Pippa is one interesting lady

missbliss

Quote from: DaFluffs on June 16, 2014, 11:02:52 PM
Quote from: missbliss on June 16, 2014, 09:26:38 PM
I noticed that on of the contributors on Pippa's giving page is one "Alex l"

QuoteBest of luck P, Jim and team! Brilliant effort, great causes...enjoy!

Donation by alex l on 16/06/14
£50.00
+ £12.50 Gift Aid

I wonder if it's Mr. Loudon?  JJ Jardine Paterson and "GP" also gave.   :wink:

I'm trying to scan my brain on all of her acquaintances & friends.  Alex L is the only Alex I know of. 

If this is who you think it is I'm SO excited.  They remained friends!!
I rather hope so as well.  I like it when people can remain friendly after breakups.  Whomever "alex l" is he appears to know James as well, so that makes it more likely that it is Mr. Loudon.  Of course it's all just a guess on my part!

PrincessOfPeace

Team (T809) Michael Matthews Foundation (racers Pippa & James Middleton) Profile information and racers

RAAM

missbliss

Whizzing by

Twitter / ScienceinSport: We just spotted Pippa Middleton ...

Double post auto-merged: June 18, 2014, 05:23:04 PM

Oh this is funny.  Pippa in Missouri at a McDonald's!

http://twitter.com/ddot82/status/479251292632535040/photo/1

DaFluffs

Lovin' it!!!

Oh wait... was that a pun????   :happy15:

missbliss

Well if anyone has exercised away those Mickey D's calories it would be those cyclists in this race!

A look at their support land rover

@InteractiveLR: Land Rover supports James & Pippa Middleton, along with 6 friends as they hit the halfway mark in the @RAAMRaces #LR4 http://t.co/lrT2KfkBgq

Double post auto-merged: June 19, 2014, 12:44:06 PM

And here she is cycling through Missouri!  Gives a nice big smile and a wave as she speeds pass  :happy15:

Pippa Middleton waves to KSDK

Macrobug

They have less than 570 miles to go so they are more than 3/4 the way.  But tonight they go through the mountains  :eyes:  The forecast is that their team will finish tomorrow evening close to midnight. 
GNU Terry Pratchett

Macrobug

Latest prediction is a 2am finish time.  They are in between Cumberland and Hancock, Maryland with less than 180 miles to go! :banana:
GNU Terry Pratchett

Macrobug

They have 39 miles to go.  ETA around 2:30 am.   :P

Double post auto-merged: June 21, 2014, 06:47:25 AM

:banana:  They made it!!   Well done Pippa, James and the rest of the team.
GNU Terry Pratchett