Wales' Kids general chat

Started by LouisFerdinand, April 16, 2017, 12:09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteKate ensures that Prince George, Princess Charlotte & Prince Louis speak to the Queen, known as ?GAN GAN? and Prince Philip as often as possible.

?The older two talk on the telephone or send chatty videos to Windsor.

?Prince Charles is also very much in touch with the Cambridge trio.

?They do like to chat away to Grandpa Charles and get lots of very helpful tips from him on animals and flowers, and speak to him about lambs, squirrels, highland cattle etc.?

Prince George & Charlotte send ?chatty? videos to the Queen and Charles during lockdown & talk on the phone too

TLLK

Glad that they like so many others are utilizing modern technology to stay in touch with their paternal and most likely maternal relatives during the stay at home order.

Princess Cassandra

Kudos to their parents for enabling and encouraging inter-generational relationships!  Grandparents are so important, and they are so lucky to have two sets plus great-grandparents.  It's also wonderful that they are so interested in animals and flowers; things in the natural world are enriching to us all, and these children are fortunate to have so much exposure to them. 

wannable

What W&K do with their children, home videos and phone calls is a normal activity in united families with no bad blood relationships. 

Years/decades later, I bet there will be a few releases of these precious and private moments.  The Queen has done so, private or unseen pictures of her time with parents, sibling, with her own family, etc. 

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on April 07, 2020, 01:16:16 PM
What W&K do with their children, home videos and phone calls is a normal activity in united families with no bad blood relationships. 

Years/decades later, I bet there will be a few releases of these precious and private moments.  The Queen has done so, private or unseen pictures of her time with parents, sibling, with her own family, etc.
I can honestly say that looking back on my own childhood, I find that memories of my grandparents are sharper than any others. I treasured my time with them. So glad they will have similar memories.

wannable

True, I too treasure memories of my grandparents, both sides.  Sometimes I dream about those moments with them.

About the Covid19 and children, I believe Kate will not be much in the duty frontline, her principal duty will be homeschooling the children until schools are reopened, phase 2 of a pandemic, probably optimistically September 2020 for schools to reopen/school year, optimistic for a phase 2 in general; business and schools reopen Mid June to early July 2020.

TLLK

Yes I agree that it will likely be September when the UK's schools reopen.  I  believe that schools will choose to have the summer term online.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on April 07, 2020, 03:25:33 PM
Yes I agree that it will likely be September when the UK's schools reopen.  I  believe that schools will choose to have the summer term online.
If they do have a summer term, IMO they should have a good three to four week true vacation before fall term begins.

TLLK

I agree @Princess Cassandra because their teachers and the other staff will need time to assess students' progression or regression in order to plan their units and lessons.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on April 08, 2020, 02:59:18 PM
I agree @Princess Cassandra because their teachers and the other staff will need time to assess students' progression or regression in order to plan their units and lessons.
Aha, since you are an educator your mind travels in that direction. I was thinking less educationally and more from a child's or parents' point of view. I just think it would be nice to have a veritable break between school years....like closure and commencement. Either way you look at it I hope it happens that way. Thanks for your input!

PrincessOfPeace

Kate, Louis, George and Charlotte were spotted in Mables sweet shop doing pottery. Pic of Louis below.

Twitter

LouisFerdinand

A photograph of a happy Prince Louis is an enjoyable delight!c :wink: :wink:

PrincessOfPeace

George & Charlotte leave their handprints on the wall at Mabel's Paint Pot on Saturday & there are pics!!

Twitter

sara8150

School Life | Thomas School
Wait for official confirmation from Kensington Palace

sara8150

TLLK

I doubt that there will be a photocall or any photos released this year as in the past the Cambridge children have only had photos shared on their very first day of nursery or primary school.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on September 07, 2020, 02:47:36 PM
I doubt that there will be a photocall or any photos released this year as in the past the Cambridge children have only had photos shared on their very first day of nursery or primary school.
Obviously you were right on, TLLK.  But I was thinking that halfway through this school  year we may see Prince Louis beginning nursery....both of the older children started when they were 2 1/2, I think.  Won't he be adorable with that Michael Middleton hair and smile!

TLLK

@Princess Cassandra - I agree that we'll likely see a photo taken by his mum on his first day of nursery school. He'll probably go to Willcocks like his sister.  :happy:

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on September 08, 2020, 03:31:46 AM
@Princess Cassandra - I agree that we'll likely see a photo taken by his mum on his first day of nursery school. He'll probably go to Willcocks like his sister.  :happy:
It's always so amazing to me how fast those first few years go by ....it seems as though he was only just born.  Now we are looking forward to starting at Wilcocks like his sister! 

Macrobug67

Sir David and the kids have a chat.   Honestly, in a world gone mad, this is the BEST thing to wake up to this morning.  Louis is so clear. Wow.   What amazing and adorable kids. And Sir David....you are an international treasure.  Twitter

wannable

That is so sweet and great example, children Q&A, schooling.  Very lovely, thank you for sharing.

PrincessOfPeace

Sir David Attenborough, we've got some questions for you...

Q&A with David Attenborough - YouTube

TLLK

Oh I loved this little clip of the children asking him questions and then hearing his answer.  :happy:

PrincessOfPeace

The video has 9 million views on KP social media

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Macrobug67 on October 03, 2020, 01:27:51 PM
Sir David and the kids have a chat.   Honestly, in a world gone mad, this is the BEST thing to wake up to this morning.  Louis is so clear. Wow.   What amazing and adorable kids. And Sir David....you are an international treasure.  Twitter
I agree - Louis' speech is very good for a child of 2 1/2.  I think between their nanny and their parents these children have had a lot of quality time and attention, and it shows.  But you don't need a nanny to provide this kind of advantage - just the example and knowledge of how to work it in to a busy working family lifestyle.