Happy Thanksgiving to our American members and guests

Started by TLLK, November 23, 2020, 06:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

:happyusa: :tg1:
I'm posting this a little early as I'll be busy at home on the actual holiday, but I wanted to take the opportunity to wish everyone a very Healthy and Happy Thanksgiving. 

The annual White House turkey pardon will take place this week for "Corn" and "Cob."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/gobble/

Curryong

And a Happy Thanksgiving to you as well, TLLK. I know it's an important get together for family members every year, but not possible for many who live away this year. Here's hoping festivals like this will be back to normal in 2021.

So Trump will be participating in the turkey pardon this year. Wonder whether it's vice versa as well!

TLLK

Thank you @Curryong. We'll be celebrating by ourselves this year. My parents have decided to stay at home and cook their own dinner as they're rightfully concerned about escalating COVID 19 numbers.  So while we will miss them, it's better than having anyone become infected.

Curryong

Absolutely, TLLK. That's what responsible people do, even when they are longing to see loved ones after months apart. The rejoicings here as restrictions eased has been heart warming.

As for irresponsibility and sheer stupidity...read on!

At a time when Melbourne was fighting to get its numbers down in its second wave and there was a so-called 'ring of steel' around the city to try and protect country Victoria where the active numbers were very low, an extremely irresponsible truck driver from Melbourne, delivering goods to a country town, decided off his own bat to have lunch at a cafe in said town. He invited his elderly father who lived there, to join him. Of course, the driver had Covid and the end result was that a popular little bakery/cafe had to close down, dad ended up in hospital with a nasty bout, and three quarters of the township was lining up for days to get tested.

Blue Clover

Happy Thanksgiving! Please have a safe and relaxing holiday everyone!  :flower:

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on November 23, 2020, 08:06:46 PM
Absolutely, TLLK. That's what responsible people do, even when they are longing to see loved ones after months apart. The rejoicings here as restrictions eased has been heart warming.

As for irresponsibility and sheer stupidity...read on!

At a time when Melbourne was fighting to get its numbers down in its second wave and there was a so-called 'ring of steel' around the city to try and protect country Victoria where the active numbers were very low, an extremely irresponsible truck driver from Melbourne, delivering goods to a country town, decided off his own bat to have lunch at a cafe in said town. He invited his elderly father who lived there, to join him. Of course, the driver had Covid and the end result was that a popular little bakery/cafe had to close down, dad ended up in hospital with a nasty bout, and three quarters of the township was lining up for days to get tested.

@Thank you @Curryong.

The scenario that you shared about the truck driver is an example of what makes me so frustrated. My mother's sister lives in a small town in the Colorado Rockies which historically has been a ranching and farming area near ski resorts. Tourism is a huge part of their economy and now with the upswing in COVID cases there is the immediate threat that ski season might be cancelled!  This will devastate their local businesses that have been desperately trying to survive.

Princess Cassandra

I hope you all managed to have a happy thanksgiving despite the totally different situation in which we find ourselves this year!  We celebrated on Friday, because the weather here in New England was in the high 50's and we could eat outside.  It was very different!  Stuffed ourselves as usual and now have lots of leftovers.  Everyone jumped the gun and decorated for Christmas early.  There are lights everywhere!