DM at it again - Diana made PW upset because of photos

Started by oak_and_cedar, September 15, 2019, 09:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dianab

Quote from: amabel on September 17, 2019, 07:07:50 AM
And protection officers were good at keeping photographers to a safe distance.. and had contacts with other police officers and officials..
that's not true.

oak_and_cedar

Quote from: amabel on September 17, 2019, 07:07:50 AM
no Diana could have retained her ROyal Protection officers but chose not to do so... She did not want security men around her esp RPOs

It's not that she minded security men. I don't think she wanted them to report back her whereabouts to PC.

amabel

Quote from: oak_and_cedar on September 17, 2019, 06:08:15 PM
It's not that she minded security men. I don't think she wanted them to report back her whereabouts to PC.

Do you think that Charles was interested in her once they had separated and divorced?  Not a bit of it.  She nevr was that comfortable with security men.. but to get rid of them was vry foolish

sandy

Well CHarles probably was interested. After Diana died, he and Camilla cooperated with Junor who wrote scathing stories about the late Diana.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on September 18, 2019, 10:21:54 AM
Well CHarles probably was interested. After Diana died, he and Camilla cooperated with Junor who wrote scathing stories about the late Diana.
why wodl he be interested?  He was completely moved on, emotionally and as far as he was concerned the marriage was over and he did not care what Diana did.

sandy

Apparently he has not moved on. He (and Camilla) cooperated with books by Junor which derided Diana. Junor said they cooperated.

TLLK

Quote from: amabel on September 18, 2019, 10:38:51 AM
why wodl he be interested?  He was completely moved on, emotionally and as far as he was concerned the marriage was over and he did not care what Diana did.
I don't believe that Charles was too interested in Diana's personally life at that point though I'm sure he was curious as to if she'd introduced any of her lovers to the boys. I believe that Charles and Diana reached a point of civility towards the end so that they could try and parent together. They each had their own personal lives so as long as their sons were safe, it wasn't really of their ex's business. However Charles could likely understand her frustration of having her privacy invaded when the topless photographs were taken and later released. :no:

sandy

Diana was said to still be wary of Charles and Charles apparently still had issues with Diana since he cooperated with Junor on her books. Diana did not have many "lovers." I am not even sure if the boys met Hasnet Khan who was her boyfriend.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on September 18, 2019, 02:35:32 PM
Diana was said to still be wary of Charles and Charles apparently still had issues with Diana since he cooperated with Junor on her books. Diana did not have many "lovers." I am not even sure if the boys met Hasnet Khan who was her boyfriend.
yes they did.  I believe that William talked to him about his education and future.  And they knew James Hewitt pretty well....

Double post auto-merged: September 18, 2019, 02:55:26 PM

Quote from: TLLK on September 18, 2019, 02:11:33 PM
I don't believe that Charles was too interested in Diana's personally life at that point though I'm sure he was curious as to if she'd introduced any of her lovers to the boys. I believe that Charles and Diana reached a point of civility towards the end so that they could try and parent together. They each had their own personal lives so as long as their sons were safe, it wasn't really of their ex's business. However Charles could likely understand her frustration of having her privacy invaded when the topless photographs were taken and later released. :no:
Im not sure if they had really reached that point of civility..  I think they tried and "acted polite" but under it Diana was still emotional and resentful.. and Charles just wanted to move on and get on with his life...I think he didn't care what she did other than if it affected the boys...

sandy

James Hewitt was out of their lives after a few years and still is. How well they knew him is subject to speculation. They probably realize that he was not particularly nice selling the story of his involvement with their mother.

I don't see Diana as "emotional" and "resentful" she was moving on as well.

I don't think Diana entirely trusted Charles.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on September 18, 2019, 03:00:19 PM
James Hewitt was out of their lives after a few years and still is. How well they knew him is subject to speculation. They probably realize that he was not particularly nice selling the story of his involvement with their mother.

I don't see Diana as "emotional" and "resentful" she was moving on as well.

I don't think Diana entirely trusted Charles.
THey did know James Hewitt well..  He was around in Di's life for a few years when they were still young enough to spend a lot of time with her.  And they were friendly with Hasnat Khan.. Also Will Carling...

sandy

They were children then. What is the meaning of "knowing well". I doubt they spent all that much time with him anyway. He got them uniforms to wear but Diana was through with him in the early nineties.

Burrell never talked of the boys meeting hasnet Khan at KP. Diana would cook dinner for Khan but no mention of the boys being around.

Carling said he was not Diana's Lover. So he should not be on the list. He was  a sports star so the boys met him as fans. He was not Diana's lover.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on September 18, 2019, 03:05:20 PM
They were children then. What is the meaning of "knowing well". I doubt they spent all that much time with him anyway. He got them uniforms to wear but Diana was through with him in the early nineties.

Burrell never talked of the boys meeting hasnet Khan at KP. Diana would cook dinner for Khan but no mention of the boys being around.

Carling said he was not Diana's Lover. So he should not be on the list. He was  a sports star so the boys met him as fans. He was not Diana's lover.
I'd say they knew him pretty well for a time..  They spent weekends with Diana and Hewitt was there.  They looked up to him as they were keen to be soldiers.  and Diana did introduce her boys to Khan....

sandy

The relationship with Hewitt did not stand the test of time. He was persona non grata after he cooperated with that writer. I don't recall Burrell talking about the boys being there when Khan visited KP.

oak_and_cedar

Quote from: amabel on September 18, 2019, 07:53:05 AM
Do you think that Charles was interested in her once they had separated and divorced?  Not a bit of it.  She nevr was that comfortable with security men.. but to get rid of them was vry foolish

Diana should have still been offered to chose her own security and be compensated for it. She was the mother of the future king after all and should have been adequately cared for, which she was not IMO.

amabel

Quote from: oak_and_cedar on September 18, 2019, 06:58:29 PM
Diana should have still been offered to chose her own security and be compensated for it. She was the mother of the future king after all and should have been adequately cared for, which she was not IMO.

She was offered security, the best POs are the Royal squad.. but she did not want them and would not have them.  It was her choice...

Double post auto-merged: September 18, 2019, 07:10:56 PM

Quote from: sandy on September 18, 2019, 03:37:11 PM
The relationship with Hewitt did not stand the test of time. He was persona non grata after he cooperated with that writer. I don't recall Burrell talking about the boys being there when Khan visited KP.
So?  What has Burrell got to do with anyting.  I dotn know what you mean since its indisputable that the boys were freidnly with James Hewitt during his affair with Diana.

sandy

Diana had security when her children were with her.
Burrell has everything to do with it, he recorded his recollections of Diana's romance with Khan.

They were children and Hewitt was no "friend" to them as it turned out.  I see nothing indisputable since the boys never commented on how they felt about hewitt.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on September 18, 2019, 07:56:04 PM
Diana had security when her children were with her.
Burrell has everything to do with it, he recorded his recollections of Diana's romance with Khan.

They were children and Hewitt was no "friend" to them as it turned out.  I see nothing indisputable since the boys never commented on how they felt about hewitt.
Since they knew him well, and he took them to see tanks and brought them lilte army uniforms I shodl say they were very fond of him..

sandy

I don't think they spent that much time with him. I think they don't think back on him fondly considering...

amabel

Quote from: sandy on September 18, 2019, 08:05:51 PM
I don't think they spent that much time with him. I think they don't think back on him fondly considering...
Diana met him most weekends for some time.. and she had the boys with her..

TLLK

Considering that he was their riding instructor and both boys looked up to him as he was an active duty soldier, I believe they did become fond of him. He'd bring his dog to play with the brothers too.
Prince William and Prince Harry Were Close To Princess Diana's Ex-Lover James Hewitt

QuoteAround the same time Prince Charles began seeing Camilla Parker Bowles again, Princess Diana struck up a romantic relationship with her riding instruction James Hewitt. Their romance began in 1986. The princess first met Hewitt because she wanted to polish her riding skills. In her book, William and Harry, royal biographer Katie Nicholl explained, ?[Diana] had never been a horsewoman but, after seeing how much pleasure it brought her sons, decided to have a go. The handsome Hewitt became her instructor and soon became a regular visitor to Highgrove, where he would help William and Harry improve their trotting and cantering.?

QuoteHewitt

Since Hewitt was around for so many years, Princess Diana?s sons? Prince William and Prince Harry were very close to him. In her 2007 book The Diana Chronicles, Tina Brown wrote, ?He became such a familiar private guest whenever the prince was away that William and Harry developed a fondness for him. Hewitt had little Army uniforms made for them for their visits to Windsor Barracks. They loved playing on the Highgrove lawn with the Army captain and his black labrador.?

sandy

As I said, I doubt they were close to him since he cooperated with that writer.

I saw the photos of the army uniforms but they were just children then.

TLLK

Quote from: amabel on September 18, 2019, 08:14:28 PM
Diana met him most weekends for some time.. and she had the boys with her..
So it seems that they were used to seeing James throughout the timeframe of the affair.

amabel

Quote from: TLLK on September 18, 2019, 11:45:07 PM
So it seems that they were used to seeing James throughout the timeframe of the affair.
Of course they were. Her relationship with Hewitt lasted quite a long time, wit her meeiting regularly on weekends either at Highgrove or his mother's house.. And the boys were still very  young and spent most of their time with her so they were around too. and they enjoyed riding and playing games with him.  And I understand she also introduced them to Hasnat Khan, who chatted to William abuot his schooling and future.

sandy

It lasted from 1986-1989; then briefly in 1991 and then they were friends only until Diana called a halt to seeing him.  Then he went to Pasternack and told all. Not very nice.