queen's favorite grandchild

Started by ruaim, March 23, 2005, 08:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruaim

i was thinking , who do u think is the queen's favorite grandchild, who is she closest to the most..i wonder..........

princessintraining

I think I saw in an article once that Peter Phillips (Princess Anne's son) is the apple of the Queen's eye. If not I'm guessing probably Prince William because he doesn't usually make the headlines for bad behaviour etc.

PopppyDaisy

Im sure its been said that  peter phillips is her favorite but i dont suppose she would ever say anything about it (favoritism and all) and she, I guess, is probably close to Zara phillips because she likes horses so they got quite a few things in common already :D  
HARRYITE #0012
Harry~Hands Down

T125eagle

I think that Wills is, especially since he will be a King, he an honest(as far as I can tell) person and a model royal.  
Philipite #001 Duke of Windsor ite #001;Harryite # 0028

kitkat

I personally think that she has a special place in her heart for all of them, but William is seen as the one who can save the Monarchy, so I imagine that she realizes that and has an extra appreciation for him.

AHoch82

QuoteI think that Wills is, especially since he will be a King, he an honest(as far as I can tell) person and a model royal.
I agree with you. I think Wills will be a good king!
Harryite #0040

T125eagle

Pardon me for asking Kitkat, but what is he supposed to save the monachy from?

kitkat

A lot of people think that the Monarchy is in danger of ending. The general British public has high respect for William and they want him to be the king. Charles, however, isn't so popular and it's because they know William will be king one day that they put up with it. Even still many wish for William to take over once the Queen dies, instead of Charles.

Wombat

I think it's Zara.  You can tell...whenever they show fottage of family get togethers she's always joking and laughing with HM..and HM looks delighted. ^_^  

willsforme2

i remember hearing that she was quite fond of harry, and got lots of affection or something
lips+frog=prince

Beebs

I have heard a few times that Peter Phillips, her 1st grandchild is her fav.  ;)  

sara1981

I would agree with posts because HM Queen is first Grandchildren is Peter Phillips but he not become King! but Prince William will BECOME KING after her and Prince Charles i knew it! but William is model and he nice man and more handsome!

Sara Boyce

Beebs

Not only did I hear that Peter was her fav. I also heard that she rather have Peter be King.  

Twinksta

Often Granny's have a special soft spot for the first one (ie Peter Phillips), but I think HM The Queen loves all her grandchildren.  :)  

She may have spent more time with the Phillips kids because she has always gotten along with her daughter, the Princess Royal, whereas there were problems with the other grandchildren's parents (ie Sarah Ferguson and Diana and also Prince Charles), for various reasons.   :(

She will have a particular interest in Prince William because he is the heir and so very important to the country and to the institution of Monarchy.    

Windsor

QuoteI think I saw in an article once that Peter Phillips (Princess Anne's son) is the apple of the Queen's eye. If not I'm guessing probably Prince William because he doesn't usually make the headlines for bad behaviour etc.
It is believed that H.M. The Queen?s favourite grandchild is Peter Phillips

T125eagle

QuoteNot only did I hear that Peter was her fav. I also heard that she rather have Peter be King.
Where did you hear that at??  

ruaim

i read somewhere , im not sure where though that peter phillips is prince philip's favorite grandchild while H.M is actually closer to prince william and zara.

T125eagle

hmmm. Thanks ruaim. something to think about.

ruaim

princessintraining

I also read in an article that Prince William and the Duke of Edinburgh are really close.

Windsor

Prince Philip is very close to both Prince William and Prince Harry, many people say because they are athletic.

T125eagle

That's a good reason, as far as I'm concerned. Prince Phillip has always been that athletic and competitive type. Why else do you think Prince Charles started playing polo?

Beebs

QuoteNot only did I hear that Peter was her fav. I also heard that she rather have Peter be King.
Where did you hear that at??
I heard it on a show about royals...I forgot what the show was called, I think it was "Young, sexy, and Royal".  

ruaim

u know , we hardly see pictures of the Queen being  mmmmmmm grandmotherly with her grandchildren..i guess she must be very reserved in her affection..
if anyone has any pix, plz post.

T125eagle