Main Menu

It's a Girl

Started by Trudie, February 21, 2014, 10:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Princess Madeleine of Sweden shares picture of newborn baby's footprint
Princess Madeleine of Sweden shares picture of baby's footprint - hellomagazine.com

Double post auto-merged: February 22, 2014, 04:56:43 PM

Chris O'Neill reveals newborn daughter 'looks like her mum' Princess Madeleine of Sweden
Chris O'Neill reveals details about his newborn daughter and his wife Princess Madeleine of Sweden - hellomagazine.com

Double post auto-merged: February 22, 2014, 04:59:43 PM

Swedish royals congratulate Princess Madeleine following the birth of her daughter
The Swedish royals respond to the exciting news that Princess Madeleine has given birth to a baby girl in New York - hellomagazine.com

Lady Adams

Still no name. Scandinavian Royals on Twitter has obviously backed off their original tweet saying it would be announced today.  :(
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

HereditaryPrincess

Thanks Lady Adams for the details about the baby's weight. I'd been wondering about that. Chris seemed to be very happy and at ease during the press conference, and didn't come across as nervous and out of place like he usually does. Perhaps the birth of his daughter has boosted his confidence, or that he is just very happy. I thought the inked footprint was adorable - I still have mine. (But it's on a piece of paper instead.) :)

I wish King Carl Gustaf would hurry up and have his cabinet meeting! I want to find out the name! :teehee:

Lady Adams

Yaaay!! They just released a new photo via the Royal House and Madeleine's Facebook page:
[mod] Sorry, no links to Facebook allowed :flower:[/mod]

Reminds me of this one (they must be making it a tradition!):
http://www.royaltyinthenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Victoria-Daniel-baby-225x300.jpg

Quote from: HereditaryPrincess on February 22, 2014, 06:50:45 PM
Thanks Lady Adams for the details about the baby's weight. I'd been wondering about that. Chris seemed to be very happy and at ease during the press conference, and didn't come across as nervous and out of place like he usually does. Perhaps the birth of his daughter has boosted his confidence, or that he is just very happy. I thought the inked footprint was adorable - I still have mine. (But it's on a piece of paper instead.) :)

I wish King Carl Gustaf would hurry up and have his cabinet meeting! I want to find out the name! :teehee:

I want the name too!!  :) I agree that Chris seemed to gain new confidence in his little family. I thought it was a bit interesting he referred to her as "the princess" but he also called her his wife, so that was sweet. I'd also like a photo that shows more of the baby's face!  :paparazzi: I do think that Madde and Chris look so happy, and that makes me feel very happy too!
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Lothwen

Can't wait to see more pictures and find out the name
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Lady Adams

^Me too! Any guesses Lothwen?

Limabeany

:thankyou:  Lady Adams for the pictures! They look great!  :crazylove:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

HereditaryPrincess

Quote from: Lady Adams on February 23, 2014, 01:39:09 AM
Yaaay!! They just released a new photo via the Royal House and Madeleine's Facebook page:
[mod] Sorry, no links to Facebook allowed. [/mod]

Reminds me of this one (they must be making it a tradition!):
http://www.royaltyinthenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Victoria-Daniel-baby-225x300.jpg

Quote from: HereditaryPrincess on February 22, 2014, 06:50:45 PM

I want the name too!!  :) I agree that Chris seemed to gain new confidence in his little family. I thought it was a bit interesting he referred to her as "the princess" but he also called her his wife, so that was sweet. I'd also like a photo that shows more of the baby's face!  :paparazzi: I do think that Madde and Chris look so happy, and that makes me feel very happy too!

I thought Madeleine looked happy too, and very well. I also thought that it was interesting when he referred to Madeleine as "The Princess", perhaps he was instructed to do so by the Royal Court. Thanks for the photo - I wish we could get a close up. What a lovely early birthday present for Estelle. :)

The congratulatory messages from Chris's sisters:

"We are happy and delighted at the safe arrival of our new niece. A much anticipated playmate for all the cousins. We send all our love and many  congratulations to our brother and Princess Madeleine and know that they will make wonderful parents".

And Chris's mother:

"I am thrilled and very excited to have a new grand daughter and I can't wait to meet her! I wish her all that is good and wonderful in this life. I send my son Christopher and Princess Madeleine all my love and and my heartfelt congratulations to their first child".

Apologies if these have already been posted.

Lothwen

Quote from: Lady Adams on February 23, 2014, 01:47:16 AM
^Me too! Any guesses Lothwen?

I have no ideas, lol.  I hope she goes more traditional and old-fashioned, personally.
Harryite 12-005

Lady Adams

The King & Queen were spotted in New York this weekend:
King & Queen of Sweden celebrate newborn grandchild | Page Six

Scandinavian Royals.@crownprincely[/size][/url][/color] 6h[/size][/color]After going shopping, the King and Queen had lunch with their son-in-law Chris O'Neill in "Amaranth". pic.twitter.com/BBKLqbT5Ze[/size]

cinrit

QuoteSwedish Princess and American Banker Husband Share First Photo Leaving Hospital with Their Newborn Daughter as the Delighted King and Queen Jet In to New York to Meet Her  (VIDEO)

Sweden's king and queen have traveled to New York City to meet the newest addition to the royal family: a baby girl born to the royal couple's daughter Princess Madeline on Thursday.

King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia met their new granddaughter for the first time on Saturday after the princess brought the healthy baby girl home from the hospital. The king and queen then headed to Bloomingdale's and Gracious Home for some shopping.

On Sunday, the royal couple met their son-in-law, American banker Christopher O'Neil, at Amaranth, a swanky restaurant on Manhattan's Upper East Side, for lunch.

More: Swedish king and queen come to Manhattan to see newborn royal baby | Mail Online 

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Limabeany

O'Neill maintained his US citizenship following his marriage to Princess Madeleine. If their child only takes US citizenship, she cannot be included in the line of succession.
Their child would also be barred from ascending to the Swedish throne if she doesn't grow up in Sweden or if she is raised Catholic, the religion of her father.
Does that mean if she grows up in New York but is not raised a Catholic, she would remain in line to the throne?
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Lady Adams

It is *both*-- the child needs to be raised in Sweden and needs to be of Lutheran faith.

The best explanation I've found is from last fall, here:
Dag Trygsland Hoelseth: Child(ren) of Princess Madeleine of Sweden to receive a royal title

Limabeany

:thanks: Lady Adams!  :hug: That confused me.  :happy:

sara8150

Lady Adams

Gah! Am I the only one just waiting to hear the name? Have that conference call already!  :orchid:

Blue Clover

Madeleine looks beautiful and happy!

Lady Adams

The cabinet meeting where the name is announced will be on Wednesday at 3:00 PM:

QuoteSwedish Royal Court / Media Centre / Press releases: 2014-02-25
Cabinet meeting, Wednesday 26 February 2014
A cabinet meeting will be held at the Royal Palace of Stockholm on Wednesday 26 February 2014 at 15:00, in connection with the birth of H.R.H. Princess Madeleine's daughter.
Cabinet meeting, Wednesday 26 February 2014 - Sveriges Kungahus

:banana:

marine2109

Lady Adams

I just watched the Cabinet meeting:

Leanor Lilian Maria, Duchess of Gotland

(or at least that's what I think I made out-- it was so quiet!) So happy Lilian is in there!!

UPDATE: That is the name, but Leanore is spelled with an e.

http://www.kungahuset.se/images/18.19aaa1d3143e3582c02f6b/1393422126583/140226fotoCONeill.jpg

http://www.kungahuset.se/images/18.19aaa1d3143e3582c02f6a/1393421931176/140226-fotoPRM_W.JPG

More info: H.K.H. Prinsessan Leonore Lilian Maria, Hertiginna av Gotland - Sveriges Kungahus
[mod] Images changed to links :flower:[/mod]

Ladybee

The Cabinet meeting is taking place. Names and titles have been revealed :

Her Royal Highness Princess Leonore Lilian Maria, Duchess of Gotland

H.K.H. Prinsessan Leonore Lilian Maria, Hertiginna av Gotland - Sveriges Kungahus

cinrit

What a cutie-pie! :vday2:   Thanks, Lady Adams and Ladybee. :flower:

Cindy

Lothwen

What a cute name for a little cutie pie :)
Harryite 12-005

Lady Adams

I love that they honored her family (Lilian) and his (Maria).... Such a nice and modern way of doing things, just like her sister and brother-in-law honored their mums with Estelle's full name.

cinrit

QuoteRoyals Reveal Name of Princess Baby Daughter

The royal family announced earlier this week that the name of the newborn would be revealed at the palace in central Stockholm on Wednesday.

With parliamentary speaker Per Westerberg and Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt in attendance, Marshall of the Realm Svante Lindqvist revealed that the baby girl will be called Leonore Lilian Maria, and titled Dutchess of Gotland.

More: Royals reveal name of princess baby daughter - The Local

Cindy