Main Menu

It's a Girl

Started by Trudie, February 21, 2014, 10:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trudie

I just read in Billedbladet that on Thursday February 20,2014 Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill had become Parents. Congratulations to the Couple and the King and Queen.  :baby: :bday4:

cinrit

QuoteSweden's Princess Madeleine Gives Birth to Daughter

Princess Madeleine, fourth in line to the throne of Sweden, has given birth to a daughter, the Swedish court said on Friday.

31-year-old Madeleine - whose full title is Madeleine Therese Amelie Josephine, Princess of Sweden, Duchess of Halsingland and Gastrikland - married US-British banker Christopher O'Neill in June.

The New York-based couple announced in September last year they were expecting their first child.

"The Office of the Marshal of the Realm is delighted to announce that HRH Princess Madeleine gave birth to a daughter on 20 February 2014 at 10.41pm local time New York," the Swedish court said.

"Both mother and child are in good health."

More: Sweden's Princess Madeleine gives birth to daughter | World news | theguardian.com

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Jenee

Geez, married in June of this year? How badly was she showing??

Congrats to the lovely couple, this is the year of the girls it seems! Almost everyone I know has been having girls this year!
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

cinrit

Jenee, do you mean June of last year?

Cindy

marine2109

Princess Madeleine of Sweden gives birth to a baby girl | Royal Central

Princess Madeleine gives birth to baby girl - hellomagazine.com

The Swedish royals respond to the exciting news that Princess Madeleine has given birth to a baby girl in New York - hellomagazine.com

QuoteThe first daughter of Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill was born in New York with honors in Sweden

La primera hija de la princesa Magdalena y Chris O'Neill ha nacido en Nueva York con honores en Suecia

https://translate.google.com.tr/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=tr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hola.com%2Frealeza%2Fcasa_suecia%2F2014022169832%2Fnace-bebe-magdalena-suecia%2F&act=url

QuoteMadeleine of Sweden, Mom: The princess gave birth to a little girl!

Madeleine de Suède, maman : La princesse a donné naissance une petite fille !

https://translate.google.com.tr/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=tr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.purepeople.com%2Farticle%2Fmadeleine-de-suede-maman-la-princesse-a-donne-naissance-une-petite-fille_a136902%2F1&act=url

Double post auto-merged: February 21, 2014, 02:03:18 PM

QuotePrincess Estelle is looking forward to meeting the little Swedish princess

Prinsesse Estelle glæder sig til at møde den lille svenske prinsesse | Billed Bladet

https://translate.google.com.tr/translate?sl=da&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=tr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billedbladet.dk%2Fkongelige%2Fsverige%2Fprinsesse-estelle-glaeder-sig-til-moede-den-lille-svenske-prinsesse&act=url

Double post auto-merged: February 21, 2014, 02:06:56 PM

Wort.lu - Swedish Princess Madeleine gives birth to daughter

Lady Adams

YAYAYAYAYAY! I've been waiting for this  :vday4: I am so excited to see a playmate for Estelle!!

Any thoughts on the name? We've been discussing this in the earlier thread, and all seem to agree that a nod to Princess Lillian (or her middle name, May) is likely, and wonderful.

CP Victoria's statement: "We are all very excited that Madeleine and Christopher have become parents. We look forward to seeing the new family, especially Estelle, who is very curious about her new cousin. We wish them good luck!" OMG, how cute is that?!?!

(On happiness overload here) :vday4:

Quote from: Jenee on February 21, 2014, 11:45:52 AM
Geez, married in June of this year? How badly was she showing??

Congrats to the lovely couple, this is the year of the girls it seems! Almost everyone I know has been having girls this year!

Jenee, she married in June of last year, and I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that my first thought was similar to yours so I looked at a reverse pregnancy due date calculator and it seems she got pregnant the week of her wedding, or a week before. The press billed it a honeymoon baby and they were right!  AW!

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

PrincessOfPeace

QuotePrincess Madeleine of Sweden and her husband Chris O'Neill have welcomed their first child.

The princess gave birth to a baby girl on Thursday in New York, the Swedish Court has confirmed.

"The Office of the Marshal of the Realm is delighted to announced that H.R.H Princess Madeleine gave birth to a daughter on February 20, 2014 at 10.41pm local time New York," a statement read.

"Both mother and child are in good health."
More: Princess Madeleine of Sweden gives birth to a baby girl | Royal Central

HereditaryPrincess

Quote from: Lady Adams on February 21, 2014, 02:12:45 PM
YAYAYAYAYAY! I've been waiting for this  :vday4: I am so excited to see a playmate for Estelle!!

Any thoughts on the name? We've been discussing this in the earlier thread, and all seem to agree that a nod to Princess Lillian (or her middle name, May) is likely, and wonderful.

CP Victoria's statement: "We are all very excited that Madeleine and Christopher have become parents. We look forward to seeing the new family, especially Estelle, who is very curious about her new cousin. We wish them good luck!" OMG, how cute is that?!?!

(On happiness overload here) :vday4:

I loved Victoria's comment, particularly the bit about Estelle being curious about her new little cousin. Adorable. I hope we get a picture of the two together, could you imagine how cute that will be?

Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris! :vday2: What lovely news to wake up to. It's good to hear that Madeleine and her little daughter are doing well. No news on how much she weighed?

Lady Adams

^ I will absolutely DIE of cute overload when, not if, we got a pic of them together.  :hehe:

I can't find any more info than the time and the gender, which we already knew. I'd love some stats, pics and a NAME!

Will they make us wait until the thanksgiving service on March 2?
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

HereditaryPrincess

Quote from: Lady Adams on February 21, 2014, 03:36:17 PM
^ I will absolutely DIE of cute overload when, not if, we got a pic of them together.  :hehe:

I can't find any more info than the time and the gender, which we already knew. I'd love some stats, pics and a NAME!

Will they make us wait until the thanksgiving service on March 2?

King Carl Gustaf usually holds a conference call where the baby's name and title is announced (he did this with Estelle), and I think this is usually held before the Te Deum (thanksgiving service). So we might not have to wait that long. :flower:

Lady Adams

^ Oooh, that makes me so happy. *jumpy claps*

Thoughts on the name, HP?

HereditaryPrincess

Quote from: Lady Adams on February 21, 2014, 03:41:30 PM
^ Oooh, that makes me so happy. *jumpy claps*

Thoughts on the name, HP?

My last minute guess is still Lovisa Magdalena Lilian Charlotta, however I also like Victoria, Josephine, Alice, Cecilia, Helena, Eleonora and Amelie. There are lots of names to choose from!

Lady Adams

^^ OOOh, I love Amelie. I am still upset with Zara for not naming her daughter Amelia, and calling her Mia.

I wonder if she'll pick one out of left field...I never would have guessed Estelle, but every time I look at that perfect baby's cherub face, I just think "Yup. She could only be an Estelle."

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteSweden's Royal Palace says Princess Madeleine has given birth to a daughter in New York City - the first child for her and American husband, banker Christopher O'Neill.

The palace says the daughter was born late Thursday, placing her fifth in line to the throne.

Thirty-one year old Madeleine, whose full title is Madeleine Therese Amelie Josephine, Princess of Sweden, Duchess of Halsingland and Gastrikland, daughter of King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, and O'Neill wed in June in Stockholm.
More: Swedish princess gives birth to daughter in NYC amid concerns at home that she is too distant from home country | Mail Online

Lady Adams

Very shrewd move by Madeleine....By having her baby here, she can grow up to be Queen *and* President!

Technically, she'd have to be Queen first and then grant herself permission to run for President, but those are merely details  :wink:

sara8150

Princess Madeleine of Sweden Gives Birth to Baby Girl With Husband Christopher O'Neill
Princess Madeleine of Sweden Gives Birth to Baby Girl - Us Weekly

Double post auto-merged: February 21, 2014, 04:44:59 PM

Princess Madeleine of Sweden Welcomes a Daughter
Princess Madeleine of Sweden Welcomes a Daughter ? Moms & Babies ? Celebrity Babies and Kids - Moms & Babies - People.com

Double post auto-merged: February 21, 2014, 04:47:53 PM

Princess Madeleine gives birth to a daughter
Princess Madeleine gives birth to a daughter - The Local

Lady Adams

The palace posted this to their Facebook page, and Madeleine shared it on hers, with the caption "I'm overwhelmed!"

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1794793_674557212603194_2060898164_n.jpg

[mod]Image changed to a link :flower: [/mod]

It seems that it's Baby Princess' foot on Chris' arm! And I love that he is wearing a Childhood bracelet.

Can't wait for a picture of the baby soon!

Double post auto-merged: February 21, 2014, 11:37:04 PM

I just watched Chris O'Neill's press conference-- I didn't expect them to have one, so it's fantastic that they did! It's about five minutes and totally sweet.

Highlights include:

• Baby's stats (given in the metric system): 3150 grams (6.95lbs), 50 cm (19.69)
  • She has brown hair and brown eyes and Chris said, "She looks like her mum, which is all I wanted." :vday4:
  • Chris was present for the entire labor (the doctor called him the "perfect father"), he cut the cord, and also has a push present "in a small box" for Madeleine, and isn't allowed to reveal the name yet. He also says he has taken so many photos, his phone has run out of memory.
  • He also says it wasn't a symbolic decision to have the baby in New York, but at the end of the day it was Princess Madeleine's decision, and he supported either decision.
  • "It's the greatest joy you can ever experience," Chris told reporters, sounding very proud and elated (and looking very tired!!)

You can watch it here: Chris O'Neill: Hon liknar sin mamma - TV4 Play

Double post auto-merged: February 21, 2014, 11:46:01 PM

We will find out the name tomorrow!!!!

Via Scandinavian Royals (‏@crownprincely) on Twitter:

QuoteThe name of the baby will be revealed tomorrow by the King at the cabinet meeting at the Royal Palace in Sweden.

TLLK

AAAHH wonderful news. I can't wait to hear the new baby's name.  :vday4:

Blue Clover

sara8150

I'm American I wanted know how much weight her baby is

Lady Adams

^ Sara8150 I posted the stats above, but I did write a lot :wink: so here they are again:
Baby's stats (given in the metric system): 3150 grams (6.95lbs), 50 cm (19.69)

Izabella

Congrats! :thumbsup:

QuoteIt seems that it's Baby Princess' foot on Chris' arm! And I love that he is wearing a Childhood bracelet.

Awesome tattoo!  :thumbsup:  :lol: 

Lady Adams

^ In the press conference he said it was just the ink from her footprints, but I kinda wonder if he might actually get it permanently inked! :wink:

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

QuoteMessages of Congratulations From the Family

Messages of congratulations from the Family to Princess Madeleine and Mr Christopher O'Neill.
The King and Queen
– Today is a day of great happiness and thankfulness. We are filled with great joy. We now hope that Princess Madeleine and Christopher will be able to enjoy this unique time with their young daughter in peace and quiet.

The Crown Princess Couple and Prince Carl Philip
– We are all delighted that Madeleine and Christopher have become parents. We look forward to meeting the new little family, and Estelle in particular is very curious about her new cousin. We wish them every happiness!

More: Messages of congratulations from the Family - Sveriges Kungahus

Search - Getty Images : NY: H.R.H. Princess Madeleine Of Sweden And Husband Christopher O'Neill Welcome A Baby Girl

Search - Getty Images : NY: H.R.H. Princess Madeleine Of Sweden And Husband Christopher O'Neill Welcome A Baby Girl

Cindy