Swedish Monarchy: Articles from 2013

Started by marine2109, December 22, 2012, 09:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marine2109

QuoteThe Swedish Royal Court has published  new photos of Princess Estelle on the occasion of  Christmas

MYROYALS - HOLLYWOOD FASH?ON: CHR?STMAS GREET?NG FROM HAGA PALACE

cinrit

She looks very much like her father.  I love the little red bow, which apparently must have kept sliding off, since it's in different positions in the two pictures. :)

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

American Royal Fan

I love that red bow in her head - she's so cute!  :happy15: :happy15: :happy15:

marine2109

cinrit

QuoteA new Sifo poll ordered by the tabloid Expressen shows that the youngest princess has the fewest confidence votes from the Swedish people of any member of her immediate family.

That she is set to marry in Stockholm on June 8th, 2013, bringing hordes of foreign royals to fête the event with her, seems not to have helped her dwindling popularity.

Confidence in Madeleine has fallen from last year.

Sifo asked 1,000 people to rate their confidence in the royal family using a five-point scale where one meant "no confidence at all" and five stood for "very high confidence".

Madeleine's average score was 2.8.

NY-based princess least favourite in Sweden - The Local 

Cindy

cinrit

QuoteMonarchies are not ruled by polls. A King is not elected. Polls do not really concern them. Numbers can be manipulated to get the desired result. A case in point is the poll conducted by Swedish tabloid Aftonbladet and published Wednesday. 'Six out of ten Swedes want King to abdicate' reported media outlets the world over.

True or false?

King Carl XVI Gustaf: strange poll result - News Summary ROYALBLOG.NL 

Cindy

cinrit

QuoteThe survey, carried out by researchers Sifo and the Aftonbladet newspaper, showed that 70 percent of Swedes were happy to keep the monarchy, however a majority of respondents wanted to see a change.

When asked if they wanted to see the king abdicate to make way for Crown Princess Victoria, 23 percent said "Yes, within ten years", 20 percent responded "Yes, within five years" and 17 percent said "Yes, as soon as possible".

"This is a truly high figure," said project leader Jon Andersson of Sifo to the Aftonbladet newspaper.

"It's really six in ten Swedes who want the king to leave his post early."

Swedes want Victoria on the throne: poll - The Local 

Cindy

Blue Clover

American Royal Fan

I would be one of the 17% because I totally agree, Victoria should be Queen.  :happy15: :happy15: :happy15: :happy15: :happy15: :happy15: :happy15:

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Jenee

I agree, Victoria has proven that she will make a wonderful queen. I do hope that she is able to raise her family before taking on that sort of role though, it would be nice if her kids were older when she has to take on that responsibility.

Macrobug

I am not too familiar with Swedish Monarchy.  Why do so many want the King to step down??
GNU Terry Pratchett

Jenee

I don't think it is so much to do with the king being unpopular as it has to do with Crown Princess Victoria being so massively popular. In addition to being a fresh young face, which has appeal all it's own, she has always been very dedicated to her role as future monarch and (as far as I know) has never made any major blunders. She is a very classy lady :). Will and Kate could learn a lot from her!

Jenee

American Royal Fan

cinrit

QuoteChris O'Neill Prepares for Lif as  Prince, While Madeleine's Poll Numbers Drop

Chris O'Neill is preparing for his future life as HRH Prince Christopher, Duke of Hälsingland and Gästrikland after he marries HRH Princess Madeleine of Sweden on June 8. Mr. O'Neill, according to Svensk Damtidning, is taking intensive Swedish language classes. If the couple's engagement video is any indication he is having a tough time but making steady progress. Chris recently made his official debut, albeit later than planned. The American financier was set to attend the Swedish Nobel festivities but had to cancel because of work. Instead the future royal debuted at the Swedish Academy's annual gathering at the Stock Exchange in Stockholm just before Christmas.

Chris O?Neill prepares for life as a Prince, while Madeleine's poll numbers drop - National Royal News | Examiner.com 

Cindy

Blue Clover