Jordanian Monarchy: Articles from 2003-2011

Started by FtLouie34, October 16, 2003, 09:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windsor

kwanfan

Sad news. My condolences to his family.  :waaaah:  

Iris

great loss, I liked him. He was sort of the 'Harry' of Holland ^_^ always doing things where people can put questionmarks to. :lol:  

Windsor

QuoteDUBAI - Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan inaugurated the country's first Intel Computer Clubhouse

WOW.... :o  the first computer club

Thanks that nice

Windsor

Hamzah will continue to serve Jordan: Noor

Khaleej Times

Iris

he was buried today in the family cript in Delft.

link: http://www.nos.nl/prins_bernhard/index_6.h...rij.html~output -> histrorical pictures, you can see princess/queen Juliana on them too.

at the top of the page it says 'FOTOGALERIJ' ofcourse meaning: photogallery, there are links under that banner:
1. overbrenging naar Noordeinde, Noordeinde is the palace where people could say farewell to him. the overbrenging is the journey from his palace to Noordeinde.
2. rouwstoet: the last journey to Delft.
3. uitvaartdienst: the service in church.

prince philip from britain was there.
it was definitly a military funeral, he died a soldier. happy music and marches. some character he was, I liked him, but he sure wasn't loved by all people, logically, he's done bad things in his life as well, not just good....

Windsor

Thanks for the link Iris :wavey:  

Iris

you're welcome. I've been watching the whole ceremony today, it was nice. beautifully done. and in the exact way he said it would be, he totally designed the whole thing himself.  

Windsor

Quotehe totally designed the whole thing himself.
WOW!!! :o

Did he!!!

Iris

yeah, he's always had a bad health, he knew it could be his time any moment, so he's designed the whole already years ago. Some fragments date back from the 40's. he a car accident then and had a neearly-dead experience and he figured it'd be useful to put some things down on forehand.

Iris

how did you like the flowers? pretty, no? that's with all royal occassions in church: it always looks beautiful.

well, this time it was a little different, because Bernhard had his own flower: the carnation. he always wore a white carnation and he was personified (if thats a word) with that flower.

because of his bad health, he couldn't always attend every occassion , so everytime he wasn't there, there'd be a flower piece with a white carnation on a prominent place in it, so that it would feel as if he indeed was there. nice, no?

~Sophia~

Congratulations to Rania and her hubby.
I'll post any pics if I find any.
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,12102...89-1702,00.html

Windsor

That is great news!!!!! :woo:  

Windsor

Iris

For someone who's just given birth, Rania looks surprisingly fit!  ^_^  

~Sophia~

The pictures are beautiful.They look so happy.

~Sophia~

princessintraining

Queen Rania of Jordan is on the cover of this week's Hello! Magazine with her new baby.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/magazine/2005...5/10/0867cover/

Windsor

I must say, that is a very nice picture of Queen Rania and her new baby :)  

princessintraining

QuoteI must say, that is a very nice picture of Queen Rania and her new baby

She does look very pretty and the baby is so cute.

Windsor

Royals Celebrate Jordan's 59th Anniversary of Independence

QuoteJordan's King Abdullah reviews a Bedouin honour guard upon his arrival at a ceremony to celebrate the 59th anniversary of the independence of Jordan from Britain May 25, 2005 in Amman, Jordan.

Pictures

tipper57

is it real love or was KA who wanted to tie the bond  btw Jordan and UAE ? Hayah looks happy with her hubby.