Prince William To Take To the Skies Again - Part 2

Started by SophieChloe, August 11, 2014, 10:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FanDianaFancy

Ok, can we bring it  back to the center.

I agree  with all of you. I think  all of have great points.
Excuses , but good point  for  PW and PK not working so much as QEII is still alive...lack of funds  for  them to move into work until  ...PC alive...QEII  very active...

Things like PW  and K seems ready  and passionate about getting their tan , Mustique  , ski travel, and...SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I posted this somewhere before. TPTB and  PR and  Others  cannot find  things of  2015, new things and things  familair to this world that PW and PK  grew up in  for them to do.
Agreed, PK and PW do not  need to unveil plaques, pull and cut ribbons, smile, make silly  jokes, smile, shake some hands, etc.

How about things like... anit things like cyberbullying,  bullying,  domestic violence,  teen births, breast cancer, community service, cyber footprints,  social media use, jobs in technology, etc.   Things for 2015 and  of this century.

Bottom line is PK is work shy. Her  life and want and need  is to be a wife and mother  first.   Being a  private citizen  with  worldwide privileges  , wealth such as AH,KP apt, and all the renovating, decorating  and vacations and ...and   SHOPPING!!!! BRF duties are  second and she  has so much  wait time, 20 years at least,  that  she can do this.

I am not saying being wife and mother are not  impt  or  should not be first. She be able to do both: wife, mother and BRF duties. Some kind of work  for her  keep  , for her  subjects, for her to seen to her subjects to be real for them.

PW  does do  and can do and will  do whatever he likes, his passions, LOL,  while keeping his passions of  all, his privileges.
Time off from this  job  for travel and for  BRF things  when called upon and  being home with his new  baby   and  just enjoying life.
20 years of this.
How long will he  be an ambulance copter?
What job will he do after? :teehee:
Fly   for  Virign Airlines  space shuttle?

In All I Do

Quote from: cinrit on September 25, 2014, 10:42:12 PM
Quote from: Limabeany on September 25, 2014, 10:29:40 PM
Comparing Harry's and Charles charity work with William's is insulting them both. William hasn't done much for any of his charities his entire life, his passion for flying has nothing to do with saving lives, only with continuing to live as a pilot. If he had a passion for saving lives, he would be more involved in many causes addressing saving lives including Wildlife fund, as many of the men who defend the animals from poachers die senseless brutal deaths every year. His work is not work any other qualified pilot could not and would not be doing if space weren't made for him. 

His passion for flying has nothing to do with saving lives?  He could get a job flying helicopters in other areas ... he could fly a tourist helicopter, he could work for a company that employs helicopters for surveying, or he could do some crop dusting or traffic monitoring.  But he chose to work at saving peoples' lives.

Cindy

Good points, Cindy. And, actually, if he really truly only had a passion for flying, he could buy a plane or helicopter and fly it for fun, the way a lot of other rich people do. He certainly has the resources.  We wouldn't even necessarily know if that was the case.

Lady Adams

Quote from: cinrit on September 25, 2014, 11:46:32 PM
Charles set up United for Wildlife?  When did he do that?

Cindy
I think Lima is referring to the Unite for Wildlife conference, which included all three Wales men.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

cinrit

Charles may have set up the conference, but this is the first I've heard that he set up the organization. :blank:

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

wannable

^ credit where credit is due, it was setup by William. Likewise, Sentebale is to Harry.

about us
United for Wildlife was created by The Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry. Led by the Duke of Cambridge it has brought together the world's leading wildlife charities under a common purpose; to create a global movement for change. Whilst animals continue to be killed by criminals, whilst whole species are hunted to extinction, we will join together to ask one simple question: Whose side are you on?

"I believe passionately that we have a duty to prevent critically endangered species from being wiped out. If we get together, everywhere, we can preserve these animals so that they share our world with future generations. That's what United for Wildlife is all about, and why I'm proud to be involved."

HRH The Duke of Cambridge,
President of United for Wildlife

Home | United For Wildlife

The easiest way to explain proof.

Limabeany

It certainly wasn't William since he barely has done anything with it, he would be more invested if he had, like Harry and Charles are in their own. When something comes from the heart it shows in your effort. William has put no visible congruent full-throttle effort into anything other than flying. IMO, this was something Charles got him involved with so his embarassing gap year could bear at least one fruit. beyond Tusk, for which he has barely ever shown up, there is no evidence William has ever seen Africa as nothing more than a place to safari with his aristo friends.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

wannable

The same can be said to your comparison with Charles and Harry endeavors, the look at me do proof is hardly there. We only get to know the camera PR ops. As I previously mentioned, following your line, example harry didn't do anything this year for Sentebale and wellchild, pure photo ops at parties and various polo playing, where the 2 brothers participated and shared money earnings for their charities.

Canuck

So the criticism of Will now includes saying he didn't do things that everyone -- the organization included -- says he did with no evidence at all that he didn't do those things?

Frankly, and IMO of course, the fact that people have to invent things like that to justify how terrible Will is just shows me that on the whole he's doing a pretty good job.

(And as for him not showing up for United for Wildlife -- he created the organization one year ago, and has been to at least five events for it since then, as well as being involved in things like the video game collaboration it launched a few months ago (and, of course, the normal Royal Foundation work that all of his charities take part in).  I struggle to understand how five events in one year is somehow not doing enough to show he actually cares about or is involved with this charity -- it's certainly more than most of the Royals do for most charities, including Sentebale.)

tiaras

Do people actually believe these people work HARD  :computer:  really ..?
William ,Charles or Harry all are the same to me .

wannable

Quote from: Canuck on September 26, 2014, 11:21:32 AM

(And as for him not showing up for United for Wildlife -- he created the organization one year ago, and has been to at least five events for it since then, as well as being involved in things like the video game collaboration it launched a few months ago (and, of course, the normal Royal Foundation work that all of his charities take part in).  I struggle to understand how five events in one year is somehow not doing enough to show he actually cares about or is involved with this charity -- it's certainly more than most of the Royals do for most charities, including Sentebale.)

#QueenPurredMoment  :hehe:

Limabeany

I struggle to find evidence of William being passionate and dedicated to anything other than flying.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

There's nothing wrong with having a passion for flying.  At least he's putting his passion to good use.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

sandy

He's supposed to be passionate about his real career--being a future King and senior royal. I think he's in avoidance mode, still. A passionate person would not dither and take transitional years at age 31.

Double post auto-merged: September 26, 2014, 02:18:40 PM

Quote from: Adrienne on September 26, 2014, 01:03:41 AM
Quote from: cinrit on September 25, 2014, 10:42:12 PM
Quote from: Limabeany on September 25, 2014, 10:29:40 PM
Comparing Harry's and Charles charity work with William's is insulting them both. William hasn't done much for any of his charities his entire life, his passion for flying has nothing to do with saving lives, only with continuing to live as a pilot. If he had a passion for saving lives, he would be more involved in many causes addressing saving lives including Wildlife fund, as many of the men who defend the animals from poachers die senseless brutal deaths every year. His work is not work any other qualified pilot could not and would not be doing if space weren't made for him. 

His passion for flying has nothing to do with saving lives?  He could get a job flying helicopters in other areas ... he could fly a tourist helicopter, he could work for a company that employs helicopters for surveying, or he could do some crop dusting or traffic monitoring.  But he chose to work at saving peoples' lives.

Cindy

Good points, Cindy. And, actually, if he really truly only had a passion for flying, he could buy a plane or helicopter and fly it for fun, the way a lot of other rich people do. He certainly has the resources.  We wouldn't even necessarily know if that was the case.

How much or how little he does there won't be known by the general public. He is not going to be put in dangerous situations as future King. He could be pulled away from it at any time particularly if there is a terrorist threat to his life. ISIS is ruthless now.

Limabeany

Quote from: cinrit on September 26, 2014, 12:37:28 PM
There's nothing wrong with having a passion for flying.  At least he's putting his passion to good use.

Cindy
Avoiding learning the ropes of his real job?

TLLK

As heir-to-the-heir, Prince William has followed a nearly identical path as his father and his father's adult  peers. CP Hussein of Jordan is working on a similar one right now.  Earned a university degree, completed military training, served in a branch of the military,  made visits throughout the kingdom, represented the monarch on overseas visits and has established a charitable foundation. He's even married and provided an heir with a spare to arrive this spring. He's received one-on-one tutoring from the monarch and the heir as to his future duties. If he had to take on the role tomorrow, I do believe that he would be prepared.

sandy

William if the rule is he can't work much because he is "heir to heir" still gets the perks and has many homes. It should apply that the rewards come when he decides to step up and do royal duties full time. The heir to the heir seems to have different meanings when it comes to work and when it comes to perks. He needs to earn them.

Royals are supposed to do more than breeding heirs and spares.

It takes a lot more than one on one tutoring. It takes getting experience. Someone can't slide by saying well I got one on one tutoring what's the point if the work is avoided.

I don't think he's prepared. t would be a trauma for him since he can't escape and play at being normal.

TLLK

And again we'll have to agree to disagree. Should William become king tomorrow he'd have the advice and support of the government, courtiers, his aunt, uncles, and great-uncles and more than likely that of the other monarchs from around the world. The system to support him has been in place since he reached his adulthood a decade ago just as it was for Elizabeth and Charles.  Since that time William's followed the educational/royal world experience path that other heirs to the throne have taken to successfully prepare them for the throne. Even the recent monarchs Albert, W-A, Phillipe, Felipe)had their share of critics and "doomsday" predictions prior to their ascensions. They've reached their ultimate royal role and are having what appears to be successful reigns. Truly I do believe the same will happen for Charles, Haakon, Nahurito, Victoria, Hussein,Catharina-Amalia, Elisabeth,Leonor etc.. and ultimately William.

sandy

William's cousins and uncles and aunts won't be monarch. He will. The Queen did not run around gathering relatives to her side to "help her' when she became Queen. She just got on with it and did her best.

I think that is an optimistic picture of William who seems to be doing what it takes to avoid full time royal duties.

wannable

Quote from: TLLK on September 26, 2014, 05:49:08 PM
And again we'll have to agree to disagree. Should William become king tomorrow he'd have the advice and support of the government, courtiers, his aunt, uncles, and great-uncles and more than likely that of the other monarchs from around the world. The system to support him has been in place since he reached his adulthood a decade ago just as it was for Elizabeth and Charles.  Since that time William's followed the educational/royal world experience path that other heirs to the throne have taken to successfully prepare them for the throne. Even the recent monarchs Albert, W-A, Phillipe, Felipe)had their share of critics and "doomsday" predictions prior to their ascensions. They've reached their ultimate royal role and are having what appears to be successful reigns. Truly I do believe the same will happen for Charles, Haakon, Nahurito, Victoria, Hussein,Catharina-Amalia, Elisabeth,Leonor etc.. and ultimately William.

He has the best private tutoring in BRF history ever. His father, the longest POW and grandmother, the longest reigning Queen, said so by himself.

SophieChloe

Quote from: sandy on September 26, 2014, 04:19:26 PM
William if the rule is he can't work much because he is "heir to heir" still gets the perks and has many homes. It should apply that the rewards come when he decides to step up and do royal duties full time. The heir to the heir seems to have different meanings when it comes to work and when it comes to perks. He needs to earn them.

Royals are supposed to do more than breeding heirs and spares.

It takes a lot more than one on one tutoring. It takes getting experience. Someone can't slide by saying well I got one on one tutoring what's the point if the work is avoided.

I don't think he's prepared. t would be a trauma for him since he can't escape and play at being normal.
@sandy - Well said!  This is just another Get Out Clause for William and indeed his lazy wife.  The want and desire to keep on grabbing the perks and special treatment never seems to fit in with their wanting to be "normal" does it? 

Their serfs can't even cough up for a parking fine :

Rules Are Rules? No?
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

sandy

Quote from: wannable on September 26, 2014, 05:59:04 PM
Quote from: TLLK on September 26, 2014, 05:49:08 PM

He has the best private tutoring in BRF history ever. His father, the longest POW and grandmother, the longest reigning Queen, said so by himself.

Charles worked and was proactive. He did not get by saying he got one on one instruction and tried playing at being normal. No comparison with William. None. 

Limabeany

I agree, it is a fallacy to say William is like his father or has followed a path similar to his fahter. At his age Charles had achieved more than a pilot's license and the ability to perform investitures.

Limabeany

Quote from: wannable on September 26, 2014, 05:59:04 PM
And, at 31 the only thing he has to show for it is learning to do investitures at 30?

Canuck

At 31 he's running his foundation, patron/president of a number of charities, taking part in all of the Prince's Trust meetings, and is working in a public service job. 

When the Queen took the throne at a young age, she'd had less experience and preparation -- and she has obviously done just fine.  Will will have far more preparation than she did by the time he eventually takes the throne (I'd say he probably already has, and will have another 10-20 years at least).

Limabeany

At 31, he is studying to be a pilot, and not running any foundation, for which he has held an event or two, he is patron of a few charities he has visited once in a blue moon. He is by no means, learning from Charles the Queen or anyone else about a job he will be inheriting which includes the Prince's Trust and the Duchy of Cornwall. He is simply hiding his head in the sand pretending he isn't royal and not putting much effort into the future which grants him the status to get any pilot job he wants.