Cambridges to meet with RAF families in UK and Cyprus 12/4-5/18

Started by TLLK, November 23, 2018, 02:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Richard Palmer on Twitter: "The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will travel to RAF Akrotiri in Cyprus to see service personnel and families on Dec 5, a

QuoteThe Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will travel to RAF Akrotiri in Cyprus to see service personnel and families on Dec 5, a day after hosting a party in London for families of those from RAF Coningsby and RAF Marham currently stationed on the island.

Curryong

So Kate is boosting her engagements total up before Xmas time. She needs to. At the rate she's going she won't get to 100 before year's end otherwise.

TLLK

Well it was announced that the couple would be full time royals so, I'm not surprised that Catherine would have more engagements in 2018 and she's now returned from her maternity leave.  :)

Blue Clover

TLLK

First Christmas party at KP for the families. 12/4/18

Kate Middleton and Prince William host Christmas party for military families - LIVE UPDATES - Photo

QuoteThe royal couple wish to deliver a message of support to deployed personnel and to acknowledge and honour the fact that many Serving personnel are away from their families at this time of the year. At the festive gathering, both Prince William and Kate mingled with some of the partners and children of RAF Coningsby and RAF Marham.

The family event featured stalls where children were given the chance to decorate stockings or snow globes, as well as making crackers and create Christmas party kits. Quite fittingly there was also a photo booth and a post box so the families could take pictures and send messages to their loved ones in Cyprus. Approximately 7,500 military personnel are currently serving overseas or away from home on exercises. A large portion of these have children who will have a parent away over the festive period.

A nice treat for those families who have a loved one serving in Cyprus.   :xmas17:

Blue Clover

That's a very festive outfit Kate is wearing. I would have liked to see a black velvet jacket with the skirt rather than the sweater.

Blue Clover

William and Kate land in Cyprus as they make whirlwind visit to RAF base | Daily Mail Online

This is the first time I've see Kate in a proper pair of trousers, not jeggins or black tights. :hehe:  I'm speechless!  :eyes:

TLLK

I was surprised to see them too @Blue Clover. She should consider wearing them for other future engagements.

The Cambridges bring gifts, cards and letters from the families at RAF Conigsby to their loved ones stationed in Cyprus. :xmas17:

British troops spending Christmas away from their families to fight Isil deserve nation's thanks, Duke says

From William's speech.

QuoteYou all put duty first. And so do your families, some of whom we had the chance to meet yesterday at a party at Kensington Palace.

"We know this isn?t easy for you or for your wives, husbands, children, and friends back in the UK.  On behalf of everyone back home, we would like to say thank you."

The Duke and Duchess brought letters and gifts from the children of servicemen and women who will be away for Christmas, delivering them via the government?s Voyager plane to RAF Akrotiri.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/gallery/2018120565305/kate-middleton-prince-william-cyprus-live-updates/4/

sara8150

TLLK

Blue Clover

@TLLK Apparently, the Daily Mail noticed Kate's trousers as well! :nod: I actually really like this look on Kate, I hope she sticks with it.  :thumbsup:

The DM had to spin it as a Kate vs. Meghan thing. Sigh!  :wacko:

Kate steals Meghan's style on visit to Cyprus | Daily Mail Online

Curryong

I certainly think there's an appropriate time for royals to wear trousers/pants. These include near planes, helis or anything that can cause wind gusts, sporting occasions (with a pair of runners/trainers) and when you're bending down and interacting with children. Letizia is the queen of the blazer and smart pants look, even overdoing it sometimes, and I think she almost always looks lovely.

There have been times in the past when Kate has run foul of examples one and three, with some unfortunate results. However, in example two, she excels when on a sports field or court, much as I don't like the jeggings she nearly always pours herself into. I think it's ridiculous to wear, as Meghan has this year, high heels on a running track and basketball court. There are facilities for changing shoes and it's much better and more comfortable to be appropriate. However, she did learn and in Australia wore trainers with jeans on several occasions.

(Incidentally, judging by the present state of the bump, I think Meghan will be soon ditching the killer heels she's worn on many occasions. Kate wore them through her pregnancies and I think it's much better, for your feet's sake in the last couple of months, to wear a kitten heel. Diana certainly did, and she was as tall as Kate.)

LouisFerdinand

Father Christmas attended the Christmas party at Kensington Palace.   
Prince William and Kate laugh with kids at Christmas party - YouTube     

:xmas22: :xmas22: :xmas22: :xmas22: :xmas22: :xmas22: