Prince Edward and the DoE awards

Started by TLLK, October 02, 2019, 03:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess Cassandra

He has a large and happy grin. It's such a wonderful program, and so happy it will go forward through him.

TLLK

Earl of Wessex arrived in Nigeria for a visit on behalf of The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation on 4 February
He met Chief Emeka Anyaoku, former Secretary-General of the Commonwealth Chair-In-Office. They discussed he continued importance of UK & Nigerian cooperation. He then attended an International Award for Young People event.

https://scontent.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/84023899_210517210341809_1319494316464275456_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ohc=JNnNQh_EDNwAX_ELFtD&_nc_ht=scontent.fath4-2.fna&oh=8051d0cc6005e55e648a0895f6909fb9&oe=5EBB4734

TLLK

Twitter

QuoteEarlier today, The Earl of Wessex visited Children?s International School in Lagos to meet with recipients and volunteers of the @intaward
in Nigeria @TheAwardNig
. He also opened a new school building to support more skill and talent development.

Princess Cassandra

On another thread we are talking about the royal family slimming down in the future, but the DofE award is something that will probably live on for a long time. Edward goes about doing things quietly, but that project has affected many people in a very positive way. It's interesting that the media choose to leave the Wessex family alone.

QueenAlex

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on February 09, 2020, 03:56:41 PM
On another thread we are talking about the royal family slimming down in the future, but the DofE award is something that will probably live on for a long time. Edward goes about doing things quietly, but that project has affected many people in a very positive way. It's interesting that the media choose to leave the Wessex family alone.
they're not very interesting.  Edward has I hope outgrown his sulky boy days and he and Sophie has been chastened by the mistakes they have made, and they've largely been quiet adn gone about their work for the past years. I think they have both toed the line and behaved Ok since the start of their royal life...

TLLK

Twitter

QuoteGert's Royals
@Gertsroyals
The @DofE
  Gold Award Presentation at Buckingham Palace on March 17th has been canceled. Prince Edward, as Chairman of Board Trustees, was scheduled to attend.

The presentations will be rescheduled for latter this year.

Princess Cassandra

TLLK

Court Circular 16th March:
St. James's Palace

The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh?s International Award Foundation, this morning participated in a video conference.

PrincessOfPeace

Prince Edward has posted a message of congratulations to those who took part in the Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award this year, joined by special guest presenters

Video: Twitter

TLLK

I'm so glad that you shared this @PrincessOfPeace as I was so glad to see how this video was organized for the recipients. I'm disappointed that the awards celebrations could not be held, but it doesn't take away from the honor that these young people deserve.

PrincessOfPeace

PrincessOfPeace

Read more about The Earl of Wessex's visit to Kenya in support of The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award.

The Earl of Wessex visits Kenya | The Royal Family

PrincessOfPeace

May 20, The Earl of Wessex as Trustee of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award held two receptions in the garden of Buckingham Palace for young people who have achieved the Gold Standard in the Award.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FTN8nDjWIAAoTlX?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FTODNd1XEAEj-Bb?format=jpg&name=large

PrincessOfPeace

The Earl of Wessex speaks at the Welcoming Ceremony for The Duke of Edinburgh's @intaward Forum in Romania.

HRH is Chairman of the @DofE
International Award, which has helped millions of young people across the world take part in the youth achievement programme.

https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/status/1580171582240161793?s=20&t=EvAUorlp6ShgOOE273KUQg

PrincessOfPeace

The Duke of Edinburgh was announced as new Patron of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award and International Award today. -

"To mark the announcement", he visits the East Midlands today, "where he will meet young people in Derby and Nottingham who are making a difference to their communities, workplace and futures through their Duke of Edinburgh's Award":

HRH The Duke of Edinburgh announced as new Patron of The Duke of Edinburgh?s Award and International Award - The Duke of Edinburgh's Award

TLLK

Excellent news and it's only fitting that the new DoE is now the patron of the prestigious award scheme for young people.

PrincessOfPeace

Today, The Duke of Edinburgh welcomed Gold Duke of Edinburgh's Award holders to Buckingham Palace.

In a speech, The Duke spoke about the impact of the Awards and how important @DofE was his late father, Prince Philip. -

Video: https://twitter.com/crownchronicles/status/1658165591750897665?s=20 -

Prince Edward takes on Jermaine Jenas at a Duke of Edinburgh Award event at Buckingham Palace | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

I'm so glad that the Duke of Edinburgh is continuing in his role with the Awards.

TLLK

Prince Edward honours DofE Award winners for the first time as the Duke of Edinburgh ? Royal Central

QuoteThe Duke of Edinburgh Award charity recently announced record-breaking participation numbers with more than 530,000 taking part in the 2022 ? 2023 DofE campaign. More than 323,000 started their award and in total ? participants contributed more than 3.5 million hours of volunteering. To break that down into paid working hours, it?s equivalent to ?17 million.

The Duke received his own Gold Award in 1986 from his father, Prince Philip. The award is part of a non-competitive personal challenge. Open to all young people, it takes a minimum of 12 months to complete. People are challenged to build their own programmes with activities in five sections -physical skills, volunteering, a 5-day residential, and 4-day expedition.

Amabel2

Quote from: TLLK on May 15, 2023, 10:39:48 PM
I'm so glad that the Duke of Edinburgh is continuing in his role with the Awards.
It wasnt at all likely that he would not continue working with the Awards.  that's one reason he got the DUke title

PrincessOfPeace

The Duke of Edinburgh is in Berlin, Germany, today and tomorrow for events related to the Duke of Edinburgh Awards:

PPE Agency

wannable

Prince Edward has arrived in Turkey on an official visit.

^ Honestly this is the first time I actively see crowds of people meeting and greeting 'minor senior royals' not named King, Queen or POW's.

This X social media account has loads of pictures and videos of today, Day 1.
Mariana - The Edinburghs Fan Account
@Mari_Edinburghs
✨Account dedicated to The Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh. Covering TRH's engagements, news and more ttps://twitter.com/Mari_Edinburghs

wannable

Kenan Poleo
@KenanPoleo
His Majesty's Consul General Istanbul & Trade Commissioner Eastern Europe and Central Asia

I am delighted and honoured to welcome HRH Prince Edward, The Duke of Edinburgh, on the first day of his visit to Turkiye. 

The Duke will see examples of the excellent cooperation between 🇬🇧and 🇹🇷 in areas such as education, trade and science.

Nightowl

Yes, that was nice to see of Edward. He and Sophie  work hard and are very loyal to the family and the country. I like reading about them.