Castle for sale, one-time pad of mad queen, €15m

Started by snokitty, June 16, 2015, 03:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snokitty

Castle for sale, one-time pad of mad queen, ?15m - The Local
Buy this medieval castle in Segovia and you will not only find yourself with 21 bedrooms to decorate but also a library full of rare books and a dining hall that can accommodate at least 400 guests.

If you happen to be able to get your hands on €15m and want to live like a King or Queen then look no further than Condado de Castilnovo, a gothic castle near Sepulveda in the province of Segovia which is rich in royal legend.

Nestled in a valley on the banks of the San Juan river, this fortified residence is steeped in history, with its origins said to date back to the time of Abd-al Rahman in the eighth century.
Later it was rebuilt under the Catholic Kings, with much of the present structure, including its six towers, dating from the 14th century when it was given to Alvaro de Luna, the favourite courtier of King Juan II.

It was also the one time residence of Juana La Loca, the mad daughter of the Catholic Monarchs, Fernando and Isabel - and sister of Catherine of Aragon. Crowned Queen of Castilla she later also became Queen of Aragon although she spent most of her life locked away in a convent.
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

Curryong

I think Juana, who had mental issues, kept her dead husband's embalmed remains with her on her various journeyings. She wouldn't stay in a nunnery on one occasion because she was terrified they would steal her Philip from her.

myidea

I  can't buy this castle, but sure after all this miseries and stories I no want to buy  :wink:
Defamation
Any intentional false communication, either written or spoken, that harms a person's reputation; decreases the respect, regard, or confidence in which a person is held; or induces disparaging, hostile, or disagreeable opinions or feelings against a person.
Defamation may be a criminal or civil charge. It encompasses both written statements, known as libel, and spoken statements, called slander.