Re: British Royal Family joint and group events for 2021 to present

Started by TLLK, January 05, 2021, 03:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

QuoteA place to discuss BRF joint and group events.

The old thread may be found here. British Royal Family group events for 2018 to present

The Queen cancels all garden parties in London and Edinburgh in 2021 | Daily Mail Online

QuoteThe Queen has cancelled all royal garden parties in London and Edinburgh for the whole of this year, Buckingham Palace announced today.

The decision was taken after royal officials faced difficulties planning the events amid new coronavirus rules and lockdowns being announced in recent days.

With deadlines approaching for committing to their go-ahead, it wasn't possible to plan how they would be feasible taking into account Covid-19 precautions.

An unfortunate but necessary precaution IMHO. While the parties do take place outdoors, the sheer number of guests would make it difficult to social distance. Also people are meant to eat and drink, so masking would be futile for much of the event. Adding additional days to reduce numbers would mean additional cost for security and would begin to interfere with other events on the calendar.

sara8150

I cant believe that but should support have garden parties this year and postponed royal events thanks to PM! Till 2022 after coronavirus (COVID-19) for sake of HM Queen Elizabeth II and members of royal family

No HM Queen?s 95th birthday!!
No trooping colour 2021!!
No order of the garter 2021
No Royal Ascot 2021
No Prince Philip?s 100th birthday!!

Double post auto-merged: January 05, 2021, 05:24:59 PM

Queen Elizabeth Cancels 2021 Garden Parties | PEOPLE.com

The Queen cancels Buckingham Palace garden parties for 2021 | HELLO!

Queen cancels all garden parties for 2021 as UK thrown into more lockdowns - Mirror Online

New Covid lockdown forces Queen to cancel all Buckingham Palace garden parties this year

TLLK

@sara8150 -I'm sorry to see that they've been cancelled as well because they provide an opportunity for the BRF to honor and meet those members of the public who do such good for the people of the UK, Commonwealth and around the globe. Unfortunately until a larger portion of the population is vaccinated,  I just don't see these large gatherings being possible.

wannable

This means the government told them that by June vaccination will still be ongoing...can't have 3k in the gardens with half yet to be vaccinated

Wimbledon is a go but another storyline

Curryong

I don't believe Wimbledon tournament will be on in 2021 with the rate of vaccinations as they are now, at least not with crowds being able to attend. Nor do I believe that the Tokyo Olympics will be able to go ahead, with nations still grappling with Covid well into 2021. But we shall see.

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on January 06, 2021, 04:22:10 AM
I don't believe Wimbledon tournament will be on in 2021 with the rate of vaccinations as they are now, at least not with crowds being able to attend. Nor do I believe that the Tokyo Olympics will be able to go ahead, with nations still grappling with Covid well into 2021. But we shall see.

That true I?m agreed with that we have wait and see till confirmed from Palace and Wimbledon if definitely cancelled this year or Tokyo should GO! Than waiting 2020 Olympic Games because of coronavirus (COVID-19)

Double post auto-merged: January 06, 2021, 04:36:26 AM

Quote from: TLLK on January 05, 2021, 09:59:02 PM
@sara8150 -I'm sorry to see that they've been cancelled as well because they provide an opportunity for the BRF to honor and meet those members of the public who do such good for the people of the UK, Commonwealth and around the globe. Unfortunately until a larger portion of the population is vaccinated,  I just don't see these large gatherings being possible.

I?m agreed with you

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on January 06, 2021, 03:02:00 AM
This means the government told them that by June vaccination will still be ongoing...can't have 3k in the gardens with half yet to be vaccinated

Wimbledon is a go but another storyline
It might be a case of where the tournament play can happen, but with either no fans or very limited in-person viewing.

wannable

So far yes, the ATP calendar for Wimbledon dates in June hasn't changed.  They will very likely have 25 to 40% capacity at Centre Court.

TLLK

sara8150

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on January 05, 2021, 03:36:55 PM

The Queen cancels all garden parties in London and Edinburgh in 2021 | Daily Mail Online

An unfortunate but necessary precaution IMHO. While the parties do take place outdoors, the sheer number of guests would make it difficult to social distance. Also people are meant to eat and drink, so masking would be futile for much of the event. Adding additional days to reduce numbers would mean additional cost for security and would begin to interfere with other events on the calendar.
It reminds us of how much planning goes in to these events and how far ahead preparations begin.  I never thought we would still be battling this pandemic, but when you think about it pandemics are not over quickly.  Hopefully next year.....

TLLK

The 2021 Sandringham Flower Show is cancelled.

Sandringham Flower Show

Sandringham Flower Show
28th July 2021 Cancelled

It is with great sadness that for only the second time in peacetime the Committee and Trustees of the Sandringham Flower Show have decided that in the current circumstances the 2021 Show, scheduled for 28th July, should not now take place. We know that our exhibitors, competitors, suppliers and partners put great effort into planning for the Show and we hope that by taking this decision now we have at least given them some clarity and prevented unnecessary expense and work.

Curryong

Probably the Chelsea Flower Show won't allow crowds either and the 2021 Show will again be 'virtual'. It's all very sad, but there's nothing anyone can do really while this pandemic shows signs of raging on in many parts of the world.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on January 08, 2021, 03:43:35 PM
The 2021 Sandringham Flower Show is cancelled.

Sandringham Flower Show
What else could they do - I can't imagine how much time and money goes in to the planning of events like this. We can only hope that vaccinations will get things under control so that events that don't take such a long time in planning can still go forward. 

TLLK

:happyuk: As mentioned above tickets are on sale for Trooping the Color event at Horse Guards Parade and HM wants to be present.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/royals-back-to-balcony-business-in-june-df73zhxjj

QuoteThe Queen will return to London for her 95th birthday parade in what is set to be the first major national celebration since the outbreak of the pandemic.

The monarch, who has not been in residence at Buckingham Palace since last March, is determined to get ?back to business? with trooping the colour in the capital this summer, after last year?s parade was drastically reduced and moved to Windsor for the first time during her 68-year reign.

The military parade on June 12 marking the Queen?s official birthday will fall two days after the Duke of Edinburgh?s 100th birthday, and is set to be the first public reunion of the royal family since ?Megxit?.

TLLK

If there's an royal event that I believe could happen  in 2021, then the Trooping the Color event at Horse Guards Parade is one of them.  IMO it could happen because it will be in the later spring, outdoors and the organizers can limit the number of tickets. Now they could also require attendees to wear masks and/or present a certification that they've been vaccinated with the COVID shot.

Now as to the procession with crowds lining the route and gathering outside of BP that might be another story.

Another event that might be able to occur is the Garter Service at WC, but with limited attendance with masking/ proof of vaccine for the attendees.

sara8150

Quote from: TLLK on January 10, 2021, 05:31:20 PM
If there's an royal event that I believe could happen  in 2021, then the Trooping the Color event at Horse Guards Parade is one of them.  IMO it could happen because it will be in the later spring, outdoors and the organizers can limit the number of tickets. Now they could also require attendees to wear masks and/or present a certification that they've been vaccinated with the COVID shot.

Now as to the procession with crowds lining the route and gathering outside of BP that might be another story.

Another event that might be able to occur is the Garter Service at WC, but with limited attendance with masking/ proof of vaccine for the attendees.

I?m agreed with you,@TLLK 😷

Curryong

Trooping the Colour will be held in June, a summer month in England, and I expect Meghan and Harry to be there. Prince Philip's birthday is only two days before, and Harry wouldn't miss that. I think the crowds watching the event will still be limited however, as Covid may well still be around as vaccinations or 'jabs' won't be completed for all age groups by then. Whether it will be a full ceremonial occasion with all the usual troops involved will depend on the state of Coronavirus in the UK at the time, as well, IMO.

TLLK

:happyuk: I agree that this will be the perfect opportunity for the Sussex family to be in the UK especially with the Diana statue set to be unveiled on her birthday. Archie will be two by then and will be able to play with his group of cousins, run down the corridors at BP/WC, throw dog biscuits to the dorgi and wave from the balcony.

Curryong

That poor sole and ageing dorgi! Hope she's not missing her late companions too much. Perhaps Archie could visit Highgrove with his parents and throw biscuits for Camilla's Jack Russells!

By the way, a caveat might be that Meghan could miss the trip if she's heavily pregnant or has just given birth. I do think she will have another baby as soon as possible in 2021.

wannable

I really don't think Meghan will ever step the UK again. 

sara8150

Duke and Duchess of Sussex coming to London for HM Queen?s 95th birthday and Duke of Edinburgh?s 100th birthday Hello Magazine reports says HM Queen want her grandson and Meghan come to London per order HM Queen?s

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to reunite with royal family for special milestones - report | HELLO!

Meghan Markle and Harry 'invited to Queen?s birthday parade in first Royal reunion' - Mirror Online

When Will Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Return to the U.K. Next? | PEOPLE.com

Amabel2

Quote from: wannable on January 11, 2021, 03:00:07 PM
I really don't think Meghan will ever step the UK again.
I dont think she will like coming back, she's clearly done wtih the UK and doesn't want to be here but she'll turn up when needed for brief visits...  She doesn't want to completely cut ties wiht the RF