No 'Legal' Problem If William Falls for Muslim - P

Started by aussiegirl, October 21, 2004, 03:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussiegirl

Living in the Land Down Under, where woman go and make thunder
Met a large man, he just smiled and gave me a vegimite sandwich!!
Living Down Under YEAH!!

britannia

hmmmmmmmmmmm- i'm not sure....was in the act of supremacy 1701 said that he can't marry a catholic or can only marry a protestant??? (i know we often had this problem)
:unsure:

but e.g. if he marries a atheist. so his wife has to become a member of the church of england, right? i think also when he marries a protestant girl form the continent she has to join the church of england, cause they are anglican-protestant or so.

so i think there are also problems with the law when marrying a muslim........
Not because it is not within reach, we do not dare it, but because we do not dare it, it is not within reach. - Seneca [/size]

chersian

i dont think that william's wife would have to change her religion. this law only states that if the heir to the throne marries a roman catholic then they must abdicate. theyre arent any laws (that i kno of) that would force his spouse into the church of england, as far as im aware, william can even change his religion (prob to anything except catholicsm- cant spell it lol)

and they prob will change the law by the time he gets married. ppl are finding this whole idea of wat the monarchy must be and have to do (esp in terms of religions and nationalities) old fashioned

but anyone has any further updates on this please inform us. this is all very interesting  :D

cowboys sunshine

Interesting article, I just read it on yahoo news.  
Think off-center George Carlin

Two roads diverged in a wood and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

[co

Windsor

I am a 100% certain that neither Prince William nor Prince Harry will marry a muslim or other religion!

chersian

yeah windsor, but u neva kno  ;)  (but i understand wat ur saying)

Windsor

Quoteyeah windsor, but u neva kno  ;)  (but i understand wat ur saying)
Thank you

Prince William and indeed Prince Harry will be under preassure from the Royal Family to marry someone suitable for their future roles
:royal:

Gems

if a woman marry's a muslim she has to become 1 i think but im not sure about then man lol.

Windsor

Quoteif a woman marry's a muslim she has to become 1 i think but im not sure about then man lol.
I haven't got good knowledge on Religion, but if I am not mistaken Muslim only can marry other muslim!!! ;)

Gems

Quoteif a woman marry's a muslim she has to become 1 i think but im not sure about then man lol.
I haven't got good knowledge on Religion, but if I am not mistakend Muslim only can marry other muslim!!! ;)
My cousin married a muslim. [/font]

Windsor

Gems

QuoteMore information concerning the Islamic faith. :)

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Thax 4 the links. I had a peek but i already new all about it. I have to do about christians and muslims for GCSE RE/Citizenship, and i know quite a few muslims.

Windsor

dcd

Quite the media maven...I am starting to understand why she is known as "Pushy". :rolleyes:  

Oh! the sin
I am forever in
(smother my grin)

<I kept kissing frogs, looking for a prince, and finding only cold, green flesh.>
-Moll Fl

sunshine lily

HEY GUYS i"M NEW HERE AND MY NAME IS LILY....

That would be interesting if it happened but its kind of very far from reality but you never know
I came , I saw , I conquered -Juluis Ceaser

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny

Windsor

I don?t want to sound horrible but I really doubt  Prince William and Prince Harry marrying a muslim...
(sorry) :(

Gems

Nor do i because they don't really mix with them as far as i know do they.

britannia

yeah, and cause they (will and harry) were under pressure to marry a protetstant girl, they say to there children, those things that all royal fathers said to there children: "that's your royal duty my dear, the old kings and queens excepting you to marry those virgin and no other girl! the time has come to you to defend our old house and you know that all your ancestors looking at you! At you! and you are not allowed to disappoint them! cause they did the same! they did it just for you! cause they did what they did to make sure that you are the heir! and know the royal duty comes to you!  :D

and so the whole thing went on more 1000 years again!

I bless god that i'm protestant!  ;)  
Not because it is not within reach, we do not dare it, but because we do not dare it, it is not within reach. - Seneca [/size]

Gems

Quotethe old kings and queens excepting you to marry those virgin and no other girl!

I bless god that i'm protestant!  ;)
I don't think they do now.

Windsor

britannia

QuoteWhat? :huh:
just joking! :lol:
didn't you understand?  :unsure:  

LisaG

I don't think it's a big deal if he married a muslim. I really really hope he marrys who he loves. He has been a first hand witness to what happens when you are thrown together as a couple because of convience and not love (At least in Charles' case) His job and his wife's job will be hard enough but if they love each other it will be easier.

As for the virgin thing, that is true. I don't think they will be inforcing that anymore, unless Will is going to marry a 12 year old.  :lol:  

Windsor

QuoteWhat? :huh:
just joking! :lol:
didn't you understand?  :unsure:
No I didn't get it!!!! :blink:  :lol:  

Gems

QuoteI don't think it's a big deal if he married a muslim. I really really hope he marrys who he loves. He has been a first hand witness to what happens when you are thrown together as a couple because of convience and not love (At least in Charles' case) His job and his wife's job will be hard enough but if they love each other it will be easier.

As for the virgin thing, that is true. I don't think they will be inforcing that anymore, unless Will is going to marry a 12 year old.  :lol:
I agree. And chalres would never do to his son's what was done to him i hope. And i don't know about that virgin thing lol remember tiggys cousin elenor? She was a virgin until she was 21 i think. And i think in some places youd be hard pressed to find a 12 year old virgin. [/color]

The Queen

I don't believe he'll ever marry anyone thats not Anglican. I still say she will be American.
Willite #00369