Call me Wills!!!!??

Started by britannia, October 17, 2004, 11:38:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

britannia

yeah i know that's not an important question, but i'm interested in:

why is william called "wills" and not "will"????? has the "s" any meaning?

cause i think that "will" sounds really better and cuter!!!!!  :D  
Not because it is not within reach, we do not dare it, but because we do not dare it, it is not within reach. - Seneca [/size]

Windsor

Yes you right :)
WHY?????
:huh:  

GIGI

Maybe his mother called him like that!!

Gems

cos that's just what people call him. everyone i know has i nick name if they have a big name like his. [/font]

GIGI

Hey!!! NOW I KNOW, WHY!!! William, the shortest version is Will, but there is a word will, when people are reffering to the future!!! So, he wanted to be called Wills!!!

I'm a genius!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :happytears:  :happytears: j/k

Gems

QuoteHey!!! NOW I KNOW, WHY!!! William, the shortest version is Will, but there is a word will, when people are reffering to the future!!! So, he wanted to be called Wills!!!

a will is somethign you write before you die.  

Hillery

I don't know but some people call me Hill and Hills,short for Hillery.There is really no reason behind my nickname.Maybe because I don't have mountains,only hills.
The dawning of a new day

Windsor

QuoteHey!!! NOW I KNOW, WHY!!! William, the shortest version is Will, but there is a word will, when people are reffering to the future!!! So, he wanted to be called Wills!!!

Now it makes sense!!!........Thanks :D  

The Queen

Its better than Bill (Or Bills :P ).
Willite #00369

Gems

britannia

yeah i also found it stupid to write: Will will (have.......)   that looks really strange.

but english is not my mothertongue and so this "s" in wills looks strange too. but you are right: bill would be worse......

i think "will" looks and sounds more pretty. it's also a "right" name, isn't it?  

B) If i would met him, i would call him Will!  B)  
Not because it is not within reach, we do not dare it, but because we do not dare it, it is not within reach. - Seneca [/size]

Windsor

I agree with you Britannia :)  

Gems

What's that saying? "Call me anything but untidy?" or something like that. [/font]

LisaG

His father apparently called him "Wills" during a photo shoot back when he was 2. I have never heard anyone else that actually knows him call him that in public. I often wonder if that's a name the press like to use kinda like how the press called John F Kennedy Jr "JohnJohn" No one in his family acutally called him that just the press.  I've heard William say a few times for people to call him "Will"

Gocha

QuoteQUOTE (GIGI @ Oct 17 2004, 04:22 PM)
Hey!!! NOW I KNOW, WHY!!! William, the shortest version is Will, but there is a word will, when people are reffering to the future!!! So, he wanted to be called Wills!!!

I'm a genius!!!      j/k 

a will is somethign you write before you die.

QuoteI don't know but some people call me Hill and Hills,short for Hillery.There is really no reason behind my nickname.Maybe because I don't have mountains,only hills.

Hahaha :D you are people very funny:) I love your posts:)  

ilovematt!

Yeah, he seems to ask people to call him Will, but I have heard a few people who supposedly know him refer to him as "Wills". Personally I like Wills better than Will, I think it's cuter. I've never heard anyone named William who calls himself Wills before, always Will, so it's distinct and cute.  :wub:  

drvixen101

QuoteYeah, he seems to ask people to call him Will, but I have heard a few people who supposedly know him refer to him as "Wills". Personally I like Wills better than Will, I think it's cuter. I've never heard anyone named William who calls himself Wills before, always Will, so it's distinct and cute.  :wub:
Same here I never heard anyone refer to themselves as "Wills" but hey if thats what he wants to be called then so be it. Plus didn't he tell those kids in Chile,who he was teaching english, to call him Wills. I dunno the "s" seems weird to me.
Harryite #0070
Willite #0059

LisaG

Actually he said Will. I remember him saying that to the kids and also to some press people once.  :)  

Iris

His mates call him Will, check the banner on the car

this was taken when his friends arrived for his 21st birthday bash. (BBC news)

screw_N_scott

because mummy and daddy wanted to be different. lol

britannia

hey, i'm happy that he wants to be called will. (not that it changes my life :P )

but will..............................that sounds so brave and strong. and it's so "handy" cause it's only one syllable, e.g.  : Will, do this! Will do that!!!  :D  

Stix Chix

QuoteHis mates call him Will, check the banner on the car

this was taken when his friends arrived for his 21st birthday bash. (BBC news)
Or they ran out of room for the s! ;)  :lol:  

Harryite #0004

Stix Chix

Quotewhy is william called "wills" and not "will"????? has the "s" any meaning?
I heard it was a Sloane Ranger thing to add an s to the ends of words.  Like calling your dad "dads" (which mine hates! :lol:)
So I guess Diana started it up even if Charles was the first to call him that in public.

I think it's cute!  But Will is a bit more mature.  ;)  

Harryite #0004

drvixen101

Who is Sloane Ranger? Sorry if I'm off topic but I just wanted to know.
Harryite #0070
Willite #0059

Stix Chix

QuoteWho is Sloane Ranger? Sorry if I'm off topic but I just wanted to know.
It was what the young trendy upper-class ladies living on Sloane Street in London were called.  Diana lived there with friends before she married Charles.  

Harryite #0004