Kensington Palace "make over?"

Started by Mike, April 07, 2011, 02:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lindelle

Blue Clover

So do you believe that had no say in the matter and had to take the assigned housing?  :whatcanisay:

amabel

Quote from: Blue Clover on April 15, 2011, 01:09:32 AM
So do you believe that had no say in the matter and had to take the assigned housing?  :whatcanisay:

I dont suppose they had that much choice.  It was problaby either KP or BP... Diana at least would need to live in Central London... and I dont know of any other palaces with accomdation in central london aprt from Clarence House.... and they would not live awy from a palace I'd imaigne becuase of secureity needs

Windsor

There are several other properties owned by the Crown Estates that can accommodate a member of the Royal Family or a senior household officials, these include St. James's Palace, Lancaster House, and York House. :)

Lindelle

But weren't Margaret, Charles and Diana assigned those apartments or do they get a choice?

amabel

Quote from: Lindelle on April 16, 2011, 12:07:42 PM
But weren't Margaret, Charles and Diana assigned those apartments or do they get a choice?
I should not say they were realy given a  lot of choice... KP and BP are teh main palaces where senior royals tend ot live (until Charles inherited Clarence house from teh QM).
They are central...and From what I recall Charles was living in BP and when he and Di were married there was nowhere ready for them so for about 6 months they were sill living in his old bachlelor apartemtn in Buck P... I would imagine that it is a case of taking what is avaiable and considered sutiable at the time....

Lindelle

amabel

Quote from: Lindelle on April 16, 2011, 12:21:13 PM
Guess so.

In the end I think it is up to teh queen who gets what.....

Lindelle