Sarah and Oprah

Started by Lindelle, September 06, 2010, 11:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelbaby

KF,

I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY with your post, Oprah is not to be trusted at all in any case for any reason.  Oprah is in it for "Oprah" and she is already dropping the "Duchess" as her "personal friend" as are many American celebs even the cocaine sniffing ones and I don't care how much money they make I wouldn't sit at a table with Oprah or any of them because money cannot buy class.  Sarah for all she is worth through her father's connections to the RF gives new meaning to the saying "there is no substitute for good breeding" and I feel very sorry for Sarah because she just doesn't seem that bright to me.  IMHO, Its just like all she sees is dollar/pound signs through her eyes at any offer made to her.  Strangely, that dam- Oprah is worth a billion US dollars and there is no way in hel- that she is trying to "help Sarah," Oprah could "certainly with her billion dollars" help Sarah  her "close friend, the Duchess" privately.  I'm certain that Oprah would never ever put her BFF Gail ???? on national TV to solve any of her problems because there are many that believe that Oprah and Gail have been more than BFF "just friends" since college, no way she would do that to Gail whatever her last name is.  I just wish Prince Andrew would just give "greedy Sarah" the money up front which Oprah's offering and have Sarah sign a contract that in the future is she is not to ever give another interview using the title "Duchess" or ever mentioning the RF including her daughters in any interviews that she gives and then see how many people would want to interview just plain Sarah Ferguson?  As for William and his wife, Sarah had not better involve them if she knows anything about respecting a private individuals life, even if she has no "self respect of her own".  I hope that Sarah will not try and "prostitute any knowledge" that she might have of William, Harry or any other member associated with the RF because people like Oprah and her ilk simply cannot be trusted for any reason.  At least when Oprah tried to get Sarah to wear a tiara on her show, Sarah had the common sense to refuse so I trust Sarah knows after all of these years what subjects are just plain taboo.

:shrug:

Kuei Fei

I know so many think that Sarah is a ditz, but there's somthing nasty underneath her that attracts her to Oprah and her ilk. Birds of a feather. I think that if Andrew gives her more money, Sarah will want more. Sarah always wants more. It would not surprise me if Sarah did try to get William and his wife to hang around celebrity friends and did try to get the scum invited. I think Sarah will keep sellling her connections and I daresay that she will likely try to weasel her new Hollywood buddies into royal life. Sarah is for sale, as evidenced by her antics and accepting money. I just have to wonder, what will it take for HM to do SOMETHING before Sarah goes too far and someone gets hurt? I have a nasty feeling that Sarah will try to land William's wife if paid enough. I know his wife will be protected, but Sarah and the celebs are just that more ruthless and determined.

Nothing will stop Sarah from doing as she pleases, but that is all the more reason to have Sarah officially stripped of her courtesy title. She needs to have everything that makes her worth anything to such people taken away, if only to protect her daughters. The courtiers I'm sure would have done such if able. At some point, if this isn't put a stop to, someone is going to get hurt and if it's a member of the RF, then HM is the one who will be to blame.

Robertj

Quote from: Kuei Fei on November 10, 2010, 04:11:24 PM
I think Oprah will expect the occasional invite to Palace events and maybe the princesses on her show at some point. Oprah and her ilk in that industry do nothing out of the kindness of their hearts.

Oprah's show is IMO, accomplishes several aspects of interest to human beings--herself of course becoming a billionaire, and the show having some benefits to some people who need certain nudgings for a self-help endeavor.  I'm hoping the show/tell will be ok with the Sarah's girls--but I imagine she discussed it with them and will be subtle.  (As I personally think on the show that I saw I saw her to be tactful about involving other people.

IMO, if I were to compare the reputed good coming from Oprah's show to some of the really unkind, untruthful, personally-projected stuff put forth on some of these forums, this one included, I'd take Oprah's show.

Actually some of these forums are beginning to be more "lets get Charley" or a Jerry Springer type show.  What do they accomplish or serve,but just chit-chat and getting some things off one's chest?   If the subjects discussed or the subjects' family read the stuff there could only be an insult experienced, inspite of the forum privileges. Whereas, often Oprah's show often has public interest material.

Well, I guess the forums do too, but I suspect a smaller public than Oprah's.  And re Sarah's ucoming show, there might very well be some helpful info for viewers.

Not fair commentary here, for such a popular woman business woman and in my life time some wonderful entertainers--Quote "entertainers bring chaos wherever they go.." What would some of the family members feel- reading some of these forum attacks on their loved ones?  I don't get the comparison here , I do approve and enjoy forums.

Robertj

Note- I assume the poster above Robertj's had some preferred reference to the Forums as opposed to Oprah's show (I don't remember reading that the forums were superior in her opinion)

Trudie

I don't particularly care for Oprah. I think she exploits the people on her show with false compassion for rating and to fatten her purse. I just read that she was to be photographed for a spot on a tribute Michael Jackson album along with his other friends but unlike his friends she wanted to be paid. Some friend and I also think her interview with the Jackson family was also very exploitative. I agree Oprah is only about Oprah. In many ways she has also shown herself to be racist IMO.

Blue Clover

I am a big Oprah fan. I think she is into self-discovery and I have learned a great deal from her show and her magazine. She is trying to improve herself through various books and listening to personal life experiences, and for me, that matters and is very meaningful.

We do not have to agree on any level about whether we live or dislike Oprah or even think Fergie should be affiliated with her. I guess the proof will be in the pudding, if being on Oprah helps Fergie and we see her improve, then good on both of them!

I really wish Fergie the best of luck!

Angelbaby

:doublewave:  Good morning to all,

Shall we all "Agree" to "Disagree" which is what forums are all about, eh?  

Now on to Oprah, which I dislike totally and find her personality "very exploitative" and "superficial" to the maximum, but, hey, that's just my opinion which as "A Free Moral Agent" I am wholly entitled to just as those of you who like Oprah.  IMHO Oprah is talking unfair advantage of Sarah's monetary situation and then "proclaiming" to help this poor woman solve her problems, Oprah is a total and complete "HYPOCRITIC" and that is my opinion and I don't believe that she is in anyway trying to help people who may have this problem "get help" but at the advantage of her so-called "friend" "The Duchess" of whom she wants Sarah to poor out her feelings in front of national American TV for "RATINGS" and "RATINGS ONLY", and WHY would I pour such "VITRIOL" out on Oprah without ever having met her?  

Firstly, Oprah is currently trying to legally through the US courts, block an explosive book about her relationship to Gail by a female author who has studied this relationship over the years.  So if, indeed, Oprah is trying to help Sarah Ferguson "face" her problems on American national TV, then why is Oprah trying to block publication of this book about herself?  If Oprah and Gail have nothing to hide, then why the legal court proceedings?  It has been an "open secret" about Oprah and her BFF Gail for a long time after Oprah was quoted as saying "We are not lesb---s, Gail and I have a very special relationship which goes far beyond being Lesb----ns, its a very special love and bond between us"  This is a "paraphrase" of what Oprah said many years ago and when I heard her say that I nearly fell off my chair back then because IMO if you look up the "definition" then it will refer to a "physical" relationship between, well you know, but to say what she said left a lot of people thinking "Who is she kidding"?

Kuei Fei

I also wanted to mention, that after Jaycee Dugard (look up if you don't know) was freed, Oprah put a ton of pressure on her minions to be the first to get the poor girl on her show. She wanted to be the 'first' to get it. This is the sort of woman she is. This woman is no different from Springer, just higher end audience. Oprah cares about her ratings, like any talk show host, business is business.

Blue Clover

Angelbaby and Kuei Fei,

I think I get that you guys really don't like Oprah!  :paparazzi:

Angelbaby

:lmao3:  :lmao3:  :lmao3:  @ Blue Clover   Is it that obvious, eh?   :haha:   :haha:   :haha: 

Lindelle

I've never liked Oprah. She interviews only as well as the next reporter.

Quote from: Trudie on November 12, 2010, 02:00:18 PM
I don't particularly care for Oprah. I think she exploits the people on her show with false compassion for rating and to fatten her purse. I just read that she was to be photographed for a spot on a tribute Michael Jackson album along with his other friends but unlike his friends she wanted to be paid. Some friend and I also think her interview with the Jackson family was also very exploitative. I agree Oprah is only about Oprah. In many ways she has also shown herself to be racist IMO.

Trudie, how has she shown herself to be a racist?

Kuei Fei

She made a nasty comment about how she had some 'nice white folks' to work for her, during a commencement speech no less.

Lindelle

Ooooohhhhhhhh not a nice comment.

Angelbaby

:cursingmad:  ....and she complained on her jet that "white folks can't cook!"  phony, phony, phonier!   :catfight:

Lindelle

We have her coming out here very soon, she's bringing her show.
Give me Fergie any day, she'd be far more entertaining with her slip-ups.

Robertj

Quote from: Angelbaby on November 12, 2010, 03:37:26 PM
:doublewave:  Good morning to all,

Shall we all "Agree" to "Disagree" which is what forums are all about, eh? 

Now on to Oprah, which I dislike totally and find her personality "very exploitative" and "superficial" to the maximum, but, hey, that's just my opinion which as "A Free Moral Agent" I am wholly entitled to just as those of you who like Oprah.  IMHO Oprah is talking unfair advantage of Sarah's monetary situation and then "proclaiming" to help this poor woman solve her problems, Oprah is a total and complete "HYPOCRITIC" and that is my opinion and I don't believe that she is in anyway trying to help people who may have this problem "get help" but at the advantage of her so-called "friend" "The Duchess" of whom she wants Sarah to poor out her feelings in front of national American TV for "RATINGS" and "RATINGS ONLY", and WHY would I pour such "VITRIOL" out on Oprah without ever having met her? 

Firstly, Oprah is currently trying to legally through the US courts, block an explosive book about her relationship to Gail by a female author who has studied this relationship over the years.  So if, indeed, Oprah is trying to help Sarah Ferguson "face" her problems on American national TV, then why is Oprah trying to block publication of this book about herself?  If Oprah and Gail have nothing to hide, then why the legal court proceedings?  It has been an "open secret" about Oprah and her BFF Gail for a long time after Oprah was quoted as saying "We are not lesb---s, Gail and I have a very special relationship which goes far beyond being Lesb----ns, its a very special love and bond between us"  This is a "paraphrase" of what Oprah said many years ago and when I heard her say that I nearly fell off my chair back then because IMO if you look up the "definition" then it will refer to a "physical" relationship between, well you know, but to say what she said left a lot of people thinking "Who is she kidding"?

You don't feel you're stooping pretty low here "to conquer"?  There are many ways and you seem to have used a lot of them to show you don't like Oprah.  But one  here is a bit much, must you suggest a homo relationship of Oprah and her friend. My goodness, the topic was just about Sarah doing business with Oprah-really.

And my comment re Jerry Springer I was referring to low class, below the belt, unprofessional comments  such as some of you have made here.  You don't need to compare it to anything. (Again, some of these comments and a certain line of clever chitchat I just saw on a Google "Joy" page makes Jerry's genre look like 19th century romantic poetry.  Out on the search pages made and posted by someone supposedly in charge of keeping good taste and interest on the search pages.)

Meanwhile, back here on the "Farm:

Please.  Where is the feminity, and class. Being outrageous and hitting below the belt and being vulgar has nothing, nothing to do with expressing your opinion.  EEEW.  Where has the lovely Internet forum gone? Better yet what has it become? Some of you don't read this stuff but there is some real garbage here posted by a couple of posters.  Really. No one deserves that. Where s the professional responsibility?  EEW. What was the gentleman talking about a week or so ago and closed the thread.  Didn't he read this? 

Thank goodness there are a couple of civil folks left.  And you know what--who cares, really how and what Sarah does to make her financial way.  Its not worth losing you cool over, not to mention besmirching a once sweet forum. 

dorthywaggane

I think Oprah will expect the occasional invite to Palace events and maybe the princesses on her show at some point. Oprah and her ilk in that industry do nothing out of the kindness of their hearts.

------------

cinrit

Quote from: matholomathe on January 19, 2011, 11:11:14 AM
During the 2008 presidential venture, rumors swirled that Oprah had snubbed Republican vice presidential human Wife Palin by not asking her to seem on The Oprah Conduct. Now, she and Oprah are assemblage for the premier term.

Do you understand who Sarah Palin is?  I can't quite make out what you're referring to. 

But wow ... there are some here who really, really dislike Oprah!  In the first place, I have never heard of Oprah making comments about "white people" who work for her or "white people" who can't cook.  Whenever I hear those kinds of inflammatory things, I always want to see the source.  Was it written by Oprah somewhere?  Was it reported in a reputable newspaper?  Or was it told by an "unnamed source" in a tabloid?  Is there a link where I can read this for myself?  I'm not Oprah's biggest fan, but I'll lay bets that she never said anything like that.

As for Oprah and Gail, she has said they're not lesbians.  Why wouldn't anyone believe her?  Most lesbians today are more than happy to say that they are lesbians.  And if Oprah and Gail are lesbians, what difference would it make?  No one has a right to criticize their lifestyle as long as they're not hurting anyone.  Oprah has had a live-in boyfriend named Stedman for decades.  They are still a couple and just recently attended the Kennedy Center Awards together. 

To bring this back on-topic, Oprah has no intentions of trying to get invites to the Palace.  Really ... no one believes that either Sarah or her daughters could invite her?  Or that Oprah is going to try to weasel her way into Kate's good graces?  Nor is she going to try to get them on her show.  Her show is going off the air in just a few months ... she's probably already got her whole calendar filled.

Oh ... Sarah, and Oprah taking advantage.  No one forces anyone to go on Oprah's show.  If they go on it, it's because they want to.  Oprah does not pay anyone to be on her show.  There is a sort of booklet that makes the rounds of talk shows each month.  In that booklet is listed everybody who is available to appear.  Each person's contacts are listed along with their availability dates.  I'm sure that Oprah, being Oprah (as well as any other popular talk show host), can go outside that list and ask anyone to be on her show.  But I'm just as sure that her producers, when scouting for guests, mostly go by who is available in that monthly circular.  And yes, they all try to be the first to get the more sensationalistic people on their shows.  While Oprah may have been saying "get me Jaycee first", Larry King was probably telling his producers the same thing.  Sarah may have requested to be on Oprah's show (or any popular show).  She'd already been on every news and entertainment show in the U.S., taking the bribe money.  No show that she could go on after that could be worse.  Maybe Sarah wanted to redeem herself by explaining what happened personally ... on television.  Whether or not she achieved that purpose, I don't know ... but I'm pretty darned sure Oprah didn't hold a gun to her head to make her do it.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Bensgal

Great post, Cindy!

Oprah had a wonderful show on Monday, Martin Luther King Day.

cinrit

Quote from: Bensgal on January 19, 2011, 11:33:11 PM
Great post, Cindy!

Oprah had a wonderful show on Monday, Martin Luther King Day.

:thanks:   And yes, she did have a great MLK Day show.  :nod:

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Lindelle

I have edited two posts here as they advertised personal business to which we do not condone.

Wickedly Good

Regardless of people's opinions about Oprah, I am actually routing for Sarah to turn her life around.  She has had several opportunities to do so I understand, but if something good can come from this in helping other people realize all is not lost when you are down on your luck and have made bad life choices, then I say go for it. 

Oprah is for sure not doing this as charity and she has made quite a good living off the misfortune of others, but many people do look to her show and her publications for inspiration and so for the greater good, I am hoping this is not just a publicity stunt but turns out well for Sarah.

mediastar

Mail

QuoteOprah Winfrey delays Fergie's TV show because it's 'too boring'
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Blue Clover

It sounds like a bunch of you are not Oprah fans. I am one of her bigest fans. She has changed my life for the better. I like Oprah and love Oprah's show.

If someone thinks that being on her show is exploitative, then they can say "No!."

I think that Oprah is human just like the rest of us. I also think she brings topics that most people avoid to the surface, she has also brought a long list of outstanding experts to pubic awareness, Dr. Phil, Suze Orman, Dr. Oz,and  countless others. In my opinion, I am a better person because of the people Oprah has given a platform/voice to and I personally apreciate her abiity to find, and present to the public, some very useful, insightful, and enlightened people and books.

That is my opinion, thought I would add another one to the mix.  :D

Jenee

Honestly, I think she is trying to cash in on the wedding in April. If Sarah is invited, and the show doesn't launch until the summer, that gives Oprah time to re-film bits and pieces to incorporate any drama that may come from the wedding.

QuoteShe wants the series to be the very best it can be. Sarah had also said the cameras would have access to members of her family, including her daughters, but we are finding it hard to get them to be part of it.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1349726/Oprah-Winfrey-delays-Fergies-TV-boring.html#ixzz1Bv1YWfLs

:notamused:
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore