Author Topic: Royal Jewels  (Read 1242 times)

Offline marine2109

• Forum Ambassador
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
Royal Jewels
« on: July 01, 2013, 05:37:56 PM »

Offline marine2109

• Forum Ambassador
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%

Offline marine2109

• Forum Ambassador
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
Re: Royal Jewels
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 03:58:31 PM »
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 09:30:50 PM by marine2109 »

Offline marine2109

• Forum Ambassador
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 07:19:22 PM »
Royal jewelry featured, you see Crown Princess Victoria at the picture above - enjoy!

http://translate.google.com.tr/translate?sl=sv&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=tr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsvenskdam.se%2F2013%2F12%2Fglittriga-diadem-ur-de-kungliga-juvelskrinen%2F&act=url

Double post auto-merged: December 11, 2013, 09:06:44 PM

Royal Jewellery Auction

Already a week ago on December 2, there was an auction going on at Parisian auction house Drouot. The descendants of Prince Philippe, Count of Flanders through his daughter Princess Henriette of Belgium had put up about 80 lots of historical pieces of jewellery and other valuables to be sold. Among the objects was a rather nice pearl necklace orginally owned by the aforementioned Princess Henriette who was married to Prince Emmanuel d'Orléans, Duke of Vendôme.

Why this is making news on a blog dedicated to the Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg? Among the people present at the auction were Prince Jean, a great-grandson of Princess Henriette's brother King Albert I of the Belgians, and his wife Countess Diane. Some say that Prince Jean had actually eyed the lovely pearl necklace but in the end it sold to a bidder from the Middle East for 28,750 euros. Here's hoping that he scooped some other nice jewellery for his wife that we will see on her sooner rather than later (though I guess we will never know if it was bought at this auction but who cares about such details).

Luxarazzi : Royal Jewellery Auction

Double post auto-merged: December 11, 2013, 09:07:43 PM

Habsburg Fringe Tiara

As we have added the Princely Family of Liechtenstein to the coverage of our blog already quite a while ago, this means that we have also broadened our jewel horizon. As you have probably already noticed how much I love talking about bling, it's finally time to dig into the Liechtenstein collection. Ladies and gentlemen, I gladly introduce you to the Habsburg Fringe Tiara, one of the major pieces of the family's collection.

Fringe tiaras, inspired by the style of Russian kokoshniks and also often dubbed as sun(ray) tiaras, can be found in numerous royal collections around the world. This particular piece of diamonds set in silver and gold was made in or around 1890 by Viennese jeweller and k.u.k. Hoflieferant (purveyor to the imperial and royal court) A.E. Köchert.

It is generally believed that it was made for Archduchess Maria Theresa, daughter of King Miguel I of Portugal, who had married Archduke Karl-Ludwig of Austria, younger brother of Emperor Franz Joseph I, in 1873. When Empress Elisabeth retired from public life after the suicide of her son Crown Prince Rudolf in 1889, Archduchess Maria Theresa often stood in for her sister-in-law at official events alongside the Emperor. Her bigger role at the imperial court might be the reason for the commissioning of this particular tiara.

Luxarazzi : Luxarazzi 101: Habsburg Fringe Tiara
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 09:07:44 PM by marine2109 »

Offline marine2109

• Forum Ambassador
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%

Offline HereditaryPrincess

• Her Illustrious Highness
  • Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    32.86%
  • 21st April: Birthday of HM Queen Elizabeth II
    • Favorite royal: HM, Maxima, Victoria, Mathilde, Estelle, Louise
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 03:35:19 AM »
She was the American society beauty who captured the heart of a king and changed the course of British and Commonwealth history in the process.
Now a stunning collection of jewels that shed light on the extraordinary love affair between Wallis Simpson and King Edward VIII is to go on sale at Sotheby's.
Among the pieces going under the hammer today is a silver watch that tells of Simpson's heartbreak after being forced to separate from her future husband in the months leading up to his abdication.

Wallis Simpson and Duke of Windsor jewels go under hammer today | Mail Online

"I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." Elizabeth II

Offline marine2109

• Forum Ambassador
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%

Offline marine2109

• Forum Ambassador
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 08:03:28 PM by marine2109 »

Offline marine2109

• Forum Ambassador
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 06:38:10 PM »
Kinsky Tiara

The Habsburg Fringe Tiara seems to be the only major tiara left in the Princely vaults from the days of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. After already losing numerous estates after the end of the First World War, the Princely Family was dispossessed of about 80% of their assets after World War 2 and many of those that remained in the hands of the family were rather poorly managed. Not surprisingly, the Family hit some financial straits in the following years which continued into the early 1970's when their assets were restructured by Prince Hans-Adam II, started to grow again and now make them one of the richest reigning families out there. To bypass their financial struggle, the Family sold various pieces of their art collection and you'd very likely sell a tiara before Leonardo da Vinci's Ginevra de' Benci and other artworks of similar calibre cause you can always buy a tiara later on though da Vincis might just be a little harder to come by.

Taking the last bit about always being able to purchase a tiara quite literally was Prince Hans-Adam at some point in his life when he purchased today's sparkler for his wife. All we know is that this tiara was seen for the first time publicly adorning Princess Marie's head at the pre-wedding ball of her eldest son at Munich's Schloss Nymphenburg in 1993. Luckily, there wasn't just any tiara up for grabs but one that showcases the long and intertwined history of both of their families.

Of Bohemian ancestry, the Kinsky family was elevated to the rank of counts under the Habsburg rule in the 17th century. In 1747, a branch of the family was elevated to princes of the Holy Roman Empire by Empress Maria Theresa. While the head of the family is a Fürst (the Prince), the other family members bear the titles of counts and countesses...

Luxarazzi : Luxarazzi 101: Kinsky Tiara

Offline marine2109

• Forum Ambassador
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 07:06:34 PM »
Princess-decoration close-up

Who wore what in 2013? Earrings in different shapes do you see here

Prinsess-pynt i närbild | Svensk Damtidning

Offline marine2109

• Forum Ambassador
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%

Offline marine2109

• Forum Ambassador
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 06:59:36 PM »
Sapphire Bracelet Tiara

In the year 1953 when Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte tied the knot with Luxembourg's heir to the throne, the born princess of Belgium was showered with gifts by all kinds of sources. Among those giving gifts was the Association de la Noblesse du Royaume de Belgique (A.N.R.B.), the Belgian nobility association. (The same association presented the country's now Queen Mathilde with her Laurel Wreath Tiara upon her wedding.)

Luxarazzi : Luxarazzi 101: Sapphire Bracelet Tiara

Offline marine2109

• Forum Ambassador
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%

Offline marine2109

• Forum Ambassador
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2014, 08:27:31 PM »
Tatiana Santo Domingo 's Wedding Tiara look like Princess Charlotte's Fringe Tiara

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH?ON: Tatiana Santo Domingo 's Wedding Tiara look like Princess Charlotte's Fringe Tiara

Crown Princess Victoria's Maria Nilsdotter necklace

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH?ON: Crown Princess Victoria's Maria Nilsdotter necklace
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 08:32:42 PM by marine2109 »

Offline marine2109

• Forum Ambassador
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2014, 06:36:52 PM »
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge wore diamond necklace borrowed from the Queen at The Portrait Gala

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH?ON: Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge wore diamond necklace borrowed from the Queen at The Portrait Gala

Double post auto-merged: February 14, 2014, 07:10:49 PM

Wort.lu - Prince William's wife Kate dazzles in Queen's diamonds
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 07:10:50 PM by marine2109 »

Offline marine2109

• Forum Ambassador
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2014, 07:41:58 PM »
Catherine,Duchess of Cambridge's Merci Maman Necklace

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH?ON: Catherine,Duchess of Cambridge's Merci Maman Necklace

Offline marine2109

• Forum Ambassador
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%

Offline cate1949

• Courtier
  • Activity:
    41.43%
    • Favorite royal: Queen Elizabeth II
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2014, 06:35:38 PM »
that's a truckload of tiaras there - mostly from Sofia's family too.

Offline marine2109

• Forum Ambassador
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%

Offline TLLK

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    52.86%
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2014, 03:51:34 AM »
I'm surprised that so many pieces were able to remain with the family during their years in exile.

Offline marine2109

• Forum Ambassador
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%

Offline marine2109

• Forum Ambassador
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%

Royal Insight Forum is not responsible for the content of external sites