Isabella Calthorpe: Prince William's failed love

Started by athena21, April 06, 2011, 01:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

athena21

Isabella Calthorpe: Prince William's failed love
As the euphoria of Prince William's upcoming wedding finally reach a fever-pitch, there is one truth about his love life that most people did not know except those in the inner royal circles. His deep emotional hurt due to a failed love.

Amidst the impression that the Prince is deeply in love with Miss Middleton, some people dismissed it as simply rubbish.

In 2004 when Prince William expressed less interest in taking his relationship with Kate Middleton more serious, he pursued--unsuccessfully--the gorgeous aristocrat named Isabella Calthorpe and again in 2007 when he broke up with Miss Middleton the second time, but she is not Kate Middleton who bounced like a hungry Labrador to William, Isabella politely turned down the attention. So who is this woman who broke the Prince's heart?

Isabella Calthorpe. Prince William's real love? She comes from a very wealthy and prominent aristocratic family in Great Britain and brought up in the upper-class society

Born Isabella Amaryllis Charlotte Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe on March 3, 1980 at Hampshire, England, she is the daughter of John Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe and Lady Mary-Gaye Georgina Curzon. Isabella's family belongs to the upper-class in Great Britain. Her father, a wealthy property developer, is a son of a British baronet while her mother is a daughter of a British Earl, the 6th Earl of Howe, a direct descendant of King Charles II. Lady Mary is a fourth cousin of William's mother, Princess Diana, making Isabella as William's fifth cousin.

The Daily Mail online article revealed that Prince William is ready to ditch Kate Middleton forever had only Isabella gave him a chance.

The following lines are quoted from Daily Mail online article:

Quote"William was madly in love with her (Isabella) but when he knew there was no chance of them getting together he went back to Kate.

"Kate was very aware of his obsession with Isabella and she was incredibly threatened by her. Isabella is drop-dead beautiful and would leave any girl in the shade.

"Kate accepted William back again but on the condition that he would not speak to Isabella"

The Daily Mail online published this article under the title "The Only Girl Who Could Make Kate Jealous"

Isabella could be one of the most suitable choices for a bride of a future King had she prioritized him and not her modeling career. Prince William, just like other Windsor men, is too hesitant to pursue a woman who cannot be tucked under his wing right away. Eventually, the Prince became tired of pursuing Isabella so he went back to Kate Middleton who keeps her door always open for the Prince and who never get tired of chasing him.

Isabella Calthorpe and her boyfriend, billionaire Sam Branson. She is reportedly the only girl who could make Kate Middleton extremely jealous, so much so that even though Prince William wanted to invite her on the wedding, her name was nowhere to be found on the guests' list. Sounds like history repeats itself.

It was thought possible that the real reason of Isabella's disinterest on Prince William was due to her ambition to join the entertainment world which is considered inconceivable by the royal family. She doesn't want to sacrifice her dreams just to be at William's side. When William and Kate got back together in August 2007, Miss Middleton was determined to secure her place as the potential royal bride by turning down the possibility of having an independent career and hovered around Prince William closely.

Isabella remained on William's mind and Miss Middleton knows that. To make sure nobody could snug Prince William, not even Isabella, from her, Kate did everything to be closed to the Prince and agreed to live with him on the remote village of Anglesey near his barracks on the late part of 2009.

But Isabella kept haunting Kate Middleton, her presence is considered a constant threat to Kate's position in William's heart. To effectively struck her out from William's mind, Kate disapproved having Isabella invited to the royal wedding, she is the only closest friend of William who is not part of the guests' list and this animosity surprisingly extended to her boyfriend, Sam Branson, who happens to be one of the Prince's friends.  The question lurking on everybody's mind "Is Kate Middleton still insecure towards Isabella Calthorpe that she disapproved her name to be included on the list?" Well the answer is pretty obvious.

This scenario brought me back to the royal wedding of 1981. According to the book of Kitty Kelly "The Royals", Lady Diana Spencer wrangled to the palace staff to exclude Camilla Parker-Bowles in the guests' list because she was acutely aware how deeply inlove Prince Charles to her. Diana thought she could get her out from his system the moment they married, but she was greatly mistaken, and history proves that.

Sounds like, history repeats itself now.

~ Modified to include appropriate quotations ~

fleur

^^^^ There is only one difference and that's Isabella doesn't want the prince.

blackprincess92

i dont find her any gorgeous than a regular gil but again beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

REAL LOVE AT LAST!!!

yolaura

i always thoght she was beautifull!!! pity she didnĀ“t went out with William!!!

wannable

I doubt PW was persuing her as the tabloids want us to believe. I just don't see William wanting to have a go with an actress who is desperate to do any kind of paper in the cinematography industry.

Blue Clover

Lady of Hay

I have a lot of respect for her in turning William down.  She is a smart woman.

Quote from: wannabe on April 08, 2011, 02:00:27 PM
I just don't see William wanting to have a go with an actress who is desperate to do any kind of paper in the cinematography industry.

An aristocratic actress who has quite a bloodline with strong family connections. I would not exactly call her desperate just an independent woman who would rather carve out her own career instead of walking in the shadow of man for the rest of her life.  That takes a lot of courage, especially when a Prince takes an interest in you.

wannable

I don't, I think her acting career is mediocre.

MapleLeaf

:happy15: As we all know by now, Isabella is definitely invited to the wedding, so there goes that whole 'threat' idea.  All of the news media, including the Daily Mail, has had new articles out in the last few days about the guest list and how Isabella Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe received an invitation, along with Dr. Holly Branson, but Isabella's newly reunited boyfriend Sam Branson didn't.

As for Isabella, I agree that her acting career is mediocre, and I also agree that she's very beautiful. :lila:
:happycanada:

Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored.
~Aldous Huxley
:xmas10:

Hale

Oooo....I didn't know that Isabella and Sam got back together again.  I assume this came out whilst I was on holiday? 

As to Isabella's acting....well judge for yourself.

As to PW's feelings for Isabella, I daresay when he was younger he was attracted to her, but over the course of time I personally have never viewed her as a threat to W&K's relationship.   As for the DM article, I think it was deliberately implying that Isabella maybe Kate's Camilla, but what exactly was this based on????  There wasn't any gossip about PW & Isabella before the article and there hasn't been any gossip about them since..........only the DM article which has been re-hashed online many times over and perhaps over analysed by forum members including myself.

Lady of Hay

Yeah, but a girl with her connections and background will not suffer for it regardless of how bad her acting truly is.  Regardless of her acting, I just tend to have more respect for women who are independent and attempt to carve out their own careers.  Although, in this day and age it is unfortunate that women still choose the opposite.  That is just me.  :P

psm

Quote from: Hale on April 14, 2011, 09:05:24 AM
Oooo....I didn't know that Isabella and Sam got back together again.  I assume this came out whilst I was on holiday? 

As to PW's feelings for Isabella, I daresay when he was younger he was attracted to her, but over the course of time I personally have never viewed her as a threat to W&K's relationship.   As for the DM article, I think it was deliberately implying that Isabella maybe Kate's Camilla, but what exactly was this based on????  There wasn't any gossip about PW & Isabella before the article and there hasn't been any gossip about them since..........only the DM article which has been re-hashed online many times over and perhaps over analysed by forum members including myself.

Hale, I have to say, that is a great clip! You should have put an NSFW warning though :)

I don't understand why she deserves more respect than Kate. She is trying to make it in showbiz, trying to become famous, one of the most narcissistic career paths. From that clip, it does not look like she is a great actress, one born to act and ready to take on any roles. That piece was a sexy girl, showcasing her body, with bad acting. Sorry if I offend anyone. She is a beautiful girl. Maybe the director was awful. Maybe she did have parts in movies, plays, shows where she did awesome acting... If that is the case, I take back my words.

Still, I am glad William did not end up with her. I would take discreet Kate over her any time of the day.

Regarding William's affections for her, my impression is this is something the media made up and media keeps bringing up just to write some scandalous stories.

Hale

QuoteRegarding William's affections for her, my impression is this is something the media made up and media keeps bringing up just to write some scandalous stories.

That's how I've come to view it because I've never read of any ongoing gossip about PW & Isabella.

:happy15:  Sorry about the clip, but following that extract I could never view here as Royal material.

fleur

OMG! That is terrible acting!!!!!!!!!The press only wanted it too happen because she is an aristocrat.

RoyalB

Doesn't there have to be a girl who got away in every guy's lovelife?  Maybe Isabella was the one in William's.   ;)

athena21

she was great in the movie 13hrs..the sex scene was the most annoying scene in trinity..it wasn't her acting..i think it's the way it was directed..

MapleLeaf

Quote from: Hale on April 14, 2011, 07:53:10 PM
QuoteRegarding William's affections for her, my impression is this is something the media made up and media keeps bringing up just to write some scandalous stories.

That's how I've come to view it because I've never read of any ongoing gossip about PW & Isabella.

:happy15:  Sorry about the clip, but following that extract I could never view here as Royal material.

:nod:  I totally agree Hale, that's how I feel too.

Although I can understand the idea of some people feeling that Isabella Ptang Ptang Ole Biscuit-Barrel Calthorpe (couldn't resist, recently watched some of my father's Monty Python DVDs :lol: ) is Wills' 'One That Got Away', I don't agree with it.  It's true that Isabella is very pretty, and I doubt if a guy like Sam Branson would've been with her for five years, break up and (recently) get back together if she wasn't an interesting and fun person.

But Isabella was mainly connected to Wills by the press, and even the press didn't claim Wills and Isabella were actually together.  There have been other women that he actually had real relationships with that it seems more likely Wills would see as the 'One That Got Away'; like Arabella Musgrave or Rose Farquhar, who is actually more beautiful than Isabella:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01870/williams-ex-girlfr_1870284b.jpg  -- the women in the pic from left to right: Arabella Musgrave, Isabella Calthorpe, Jecca Craig, Rose Farquhar

http://s11.acephotos.org/images/orig/f/z/fz3smub0i084s3u4.jpg  -- Rose
http://s11.acephotos.org/images/orig/k/7/k7yhegtxe53ny7e3.jpg -- Rose

:shrug: What I'd like to know is what determines the criteria for Wills pining for the 'One That Got Away'?  If the criteria is beauty, then it's Rose Farquhar hands down IMO.  If it's whoever he's known the longest since right after high school, then it's Jecca Craig hands down.  And what about Arabella?  After all Wills was in a relationship with Arabella and they reportedly felt 'forced' to break it off when he went away to uni.  That's a classic lead-in to the 'One That Got Away' syndrome.  Wills was reportedly missing Arabella terribly during his first year at St. Andrews, and there is a superficial physical resemblance between Kate and Arabella.  Maybe Wills got into relationships with both Carly Massey-Birch and Kate because they reminded him of Arabella.
Whatever the situation, after Wills and Kate broke up in 2007 he was free to do whatever he wanted. :lovestars: Wills proved Kate was the woman he wanted to be with by deliberately choosing her again, no one forced him to do that.  The break up allowed both Wills and Kate the breathing space they needed to decide if they wanted to have a future together or stay apart and find someone else; they chose to get back together.  After they got back together in 2007 there wasn't a single account of Wills hugging, dancing, snogging, etc. with anyone other than Kate from then until now.  That's not the behaviour of a man who thinks he's missing out on something, it's the behaviour of a man who has what he wants and he's happy.

:vday2: Interesting bits of trivia:  1. The wedding was scheduled for exactly six months after Wills asked Kate to marry him in October 2010; and 2. it's taking place in April, the same month the breakup was publicly announced exactly four years ago this past Thursday.
:happycanada:

Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored.
~Aldous Huxley
:xmas10:

Countess of Anglesey

This is the best laugh I have had for a long time Hale  where did you find that video clip!!

If Kate felt threatened by Isabella in 2007 and prior, she certainly wouldn't after that performance.  Royal material she is not, and whatever passing fancy PW may have had for Isabella, I am sure that proved to him she was a NO NO.  She is certainly no threat to this relationship, whether she wanted it to be or not

Sorry the image of her having tea with the Queen, after seeing this  :teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

And was the Reggie Yates in the video!!!

Blue Clover

Quote from: Hale on April 14, 2011, 09:05:24 AM

Hale,
That clip is XXX-rated!  :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: Isabella is beautiful and the "cousin" is handsome. She fits the Princess profile wish she said "Yes" to Prince William.

englishrose

I like Isabella!She's my favorite girl who dated Prince William!I prefer her to Kate and I think that she and William would make such a great couple!I don't like Kate,no I don't hate her,but I just don't like and I don't know why,just don't like and that's all!It's very pity that Isabella had broken William heart!I think that if she accepted his attention in the past,Kate will not have any chance,because I'm sure that Isabella would win! :laugh10: But,it's all so yesterday and very pity... :cry:

cinrit

Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

missbliss

I believe that Isabella Anstruther Gough Calthrope has moved in with young Mr. Branson

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/8642369/Duchess-of-Cambridge-inspires-her-friend-Henry-Ropners-wedding.html

scroll down- this is what it says:

QuoteHappily reunited after their break-up last year, Sam Branson and Isabella Calthorpe are taking their relationship to a new level. Mandrake hears that the actress, who was a guest at the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's wedding, has moved in with the son of Sir Richard Branson, the Virgin tycoon.

"We are expecting an engagement announcement before too long," a friend of the couple tells Mandrake.

Sam, 25, told me last month that he was "madly in love" with the actress, 31, who was once the object of Prince William's unrequited affections.

Isabella, who is the daughter of of John Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe, the property magnate, and Lady Mary-Gaye Curzon, had courted Branson for four years before their split last summer. "Neither of them believe this is a permanent break-up," his spokesman said at the time.

Branson told me in June that he was keen to build up his production company, Current Sponge. "I want to change the world and actually make a difference with my work," he said.

cinrit

Most people have had at least one or two girlfriends or boyfriends before they get married.  It's how we discover what we like and don't like in our partners, and how we avoid marrying someone who is wrong for us.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Georgiana

Quote from: missbliss on August 02, 2011, 07:38:15 PM
I believe that Isabella Anstruther Gough Calthrope has moved in with young Mr. Branson

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/8642369/Duchess-of-Cambridge-inspires-her-friend-Henry-Ropners-wedding.html

scroll down- this is what it says:

QuoteHappily reunited after their break-up last year, Sam Branson and Isabella Calthorpe are taking their relationship to a new level. Mandrake hears that the actress, who was a guest at the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s wedding, has moved in with the son of Sir Richard Branson, the Virgin tycoon.

“We are expecting an engagement announcement before too long,” a friend of the couple tells Mandrake.

Sam, 25, told me last month that he was “madly in love” with the actress, 31, who was once the object of Prince William’s unrequited affections.

Isabella, who is the daughter of of John Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe, the property magnate, and Lady Mary-Gaye Curzon, had courted Branson for four years before their split last summer. “Neither of them believe this is a permanent break-up,” his spokesman said at the time.

Branson told me in June that he was keen to build up his production company, Current Sponge. “I want to change the world and actually make a difference with my work,” he said.

Her and sam make a very cute couple. As for her and William, could never see  it happening.
cherryite # 009
GIFSoup

anitalalala

Why do i have this feeling  that whenever it comes to william the amazing..and kate the perfect all the historys about him dating or geting envolved with many womens and cheated on kate who accepted him back anyway...all the historys are untrue..false or doesnt seem to be more than media crap...especially cause so many womens have gone to wills wedding...
Honestlly that doesnt say a thing...just because those womens have been associated with wills doesnt mean they kept theyre entire lifes waiting for him...most of them had relationships with other guys...moved on with theyre lifes so i believe that some if them might have cause a little jealousy on kate but never a threat...so why they wouldnt be invited to theyre wedding when they are constant people on theyre friendship cicle...how unpolite that would be...when even te postman was invited...
No seriouslly...
I dont think they were ever treatens but i do believe that wills had many other womens and affairs besides kate!!!!
It makes e really chocked to see how people go far to defend this couple as they were perfect and amazing..just because they spended years toguether and got married doesnt necessarillu means they are meant for each other, perfect or that they never had problmes including cheating and sorts of things..its quite obvious tht the reason for theyre only official splits was coz of cheating...as he was said to have seen many girls while they were separate and she also made sure to be seen out and about in london..having the best time of her life... ..besides the ones we never heard about but probablly happened i mean 10 years toguether people are seriouslly dreaming thay they havent serious fights or broke ups more than once....

Anyway about isabella i dont think shes the prettiest of womens also...i mean arabella puts her on the pocket in my opinion so does kate and jecca!!!!
I also dont think that shes a good actress neither model...but she does have a lot of money and conexions...and i admit that diferent from many with the same carrers and goals aparentlly...she kinda of raised her fame from herself...her beauty and her name..i believe...
But i dont see her being sucssfull i this carrer anyway...
But i also dont think that she should be condem for being someone who wants to be an actress...and refused a date with prince william...
Another proof to me that royalty and celebrity, artistic world dont walk toguether...its admirable that isabella was able to notice it..and not accept the proposal coz honestly, it wouldnt be good for her neither persoanlly neither professionally in my view...
as if the relationship didnt worked but her carrer did she would be acused of taking advantage of it for the rest of her life...