Main Menu

YouTube Postings

Started by cinrit, March 18, 2015, 10:23:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

I haven't been able to embed YouTube videos for awhile.  Has that feature been deleted?  Or is it my browser?  Or did YouTube make a change?  Any ideas?  hanks!

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Jenee

Shouldn't there be an icon I can click on? The feature is enabled but doesn't seem to be working.

cinrit

I haven't had to click on an icon.  I just use the same formula as you.  I've tried using the actual link, and I've tried using YouTube's "share" feature.  Neither works. 

Cindy

Jenee

We are going to try reinstalling the modification, to see if that works. I can't get to a PC until Tuesday, but one of the other admins might get to it before then.

cinrit

Windsor

cinrit

Thank you, Windsor!  :flower:

Cindy

Jenee

Something still looks wrong to me :blink:

Lady Adams

^^ I think it is because the screengrab is a static image of [...]

The video plays, though.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Jenee

DaisyMeRollin

Nifty tip, you can use the BBcode to embed without clicking the icon.

[youtube]"insert content"[/youtube]

Add a backslash between the bracket and the "y" in the second "youtube" or it won't embed.

"No one is dumb who is curious. The people who don't ask questions remain clueless throughout their lives." - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Jenee

I want to provide an update to this, as we've been having some difficulty with the YouTube BBCode tag:

Members can use the BBCode {youtube} tag or button on the reply box to display YouTube videos on the forum. This will display the YouTube videos clearly as video players, which members can click to play. The downside is that this WILL cause pages to load a little slower if there are a lot of videos posted, BUT any member who has a slower internet connection (or just doesn't want to see the videos) can go into their profile options and check the box to display all YouTube videos as links by default. (New functionality)

Hopefully we won't have any more issues with the YouTube videos! :D