Prince Edward to unveil Liverpool World War I memorial

Started by PrincessOfPeace, August 19, 2014, 05:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

QuotePrince Edward will unveil a new memorial to commemorate the Liverpool Pals.

The Earl of Wessex will attend the ceremony at Lime Street Station on the 31st of August where he will officially unveil the £85,000 memorial.

The bronze sculpture is the end result of a three year campaign by The Liverpool Pals Memorial Fund to create a permanent tribute to remember those who volunteered for the King's Liverpool Regiment during the First World War.

Liverpool sculptor, Tom Murphy, whose previous work includes the Noel Chavasse memorial, created the design.
More: Prince Edward to unveil Liverpool World War I memorial

cinrit

QuoteEarl of Wessex to Officially Unveil Liverpool Pals' Memorial

The Earl of Wessex will officially unveil a new memorial to the Liverpool Pals.  Prince Edward will attend the special ceremony at Lime Street Station on Sunday, August 31.

The unveiling of the £85,000 bronze memorial is the culmination of a three-year campaign by The Liverpool Pals Memorial Fund to create a permanent tribute to remember those who volunteered for the King's Liverpool Regiment during World War I.

The frieze, made up of two 15ft-long panels, has been designed by Liverpool sculptor Tom Murphy and funded through donations.

More: Earl of Wessex to officially unveil Liverpool pals? memorial - Liverpool Echo

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

cinrit

QuoteLiverpool Pals Memorial Unveiled by Prince Edward

A memorial to the Liverpool Pals who served during World War One has been unveiled by Prince Edward.

The £85,000 frieze at Liverpool's Lime Street station was where men and boys queued up to volunteer to fight for their country a 100 years ago.  The frieze was designed by sculptor Tom Murphy and shows the Pals' journey through World War One.

It follows a three-year campaign by the Liverpool Pals Memorial Fund to create a permanent tribute to volunteers.

More: BBC News - Liverpool Pals memorial unveiled by Prince Edward

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.