Main Menu

Return.....

Started by Lothwen, November 02, 2015, 08:17:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lothwen

Hey everyone, I've decided to start posting on here again, at least intermittently. 

There's been a lot of changes to my life since I was last on here. The biggest one is that I am now a mommy. My daughter was born via cesarean on Halloween. 9lbs 1 oz, and 21 inches long. Big baby, and my fiance and I couldn't be happier. We also can't wait to get out of the hospital, as we've been here since Wednesday night.......
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Curryong

Welcome back Lothwen. Great to have you here again on Royal Insight. What terrific news. A little girl, that's wonderful. Good that everything went fine. Have you decided on names?

Jenee

Congrats on the birth of your daughter, Lothwen :) I hope everything went smoothly- c sections are pretty scary.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

TLLK

Congratulations Lothwen and hubby on the birth of your little girl. That is an impressive size so I can understand why you had a C-section. Please, please, please take it easy for the next 6-8 weeks so you can heal.  Let everyone else pamper you and baby. Hope that everything goes well when you take her home.

Jennifer

Hi Lothwen. Welcome back! Congratulations on the birth of your daughter and becoming a new mother. I wish success and happiness in the future for you all.  :flower:
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Limabeany

I am so happy Lothwen!!  :consoling1: How are u feeling? Are u home yet?
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Lothwen

Hey everyone,

I was induced at 39 weeks due to my gestational diabetes. Baby had been weighed in utero, and only weighed 7.5lbs. Anyways, we got to the hospital on Wednesday night, and they started trying to induce labor. To make a long story short, my body would only go into labor with the drugs, and once they stopped them, I stopped having contractions. I only dilated to a six, and baby was face up, not down in the birth canal, and was off-center. They decided at 1:30 Saturday morning to do a cesarean, and she was born at 2:32 am. I was discharged from the hospital on Monday, and I have to take it easy for the next few weeks.

Oh, and baby's name is Audrey Jeanine :D
Harryite 12-005

TLLK

Gestational diabetes, induction, labor, and finally a C-section I'd say you ran the gamut of obstetrical options @Lothwen. Please take it easy. (I'm speaking as the veteran of two C-sections.) Let others take on chores for you while you rest and heal. It will take 6 plus weeks to really recover from everything.

Love the name Audrey Jeanine.  :hug:

Curryong

Yes, ceasarians are not fun and plenty of rest is needed. I had three because of a weird pelvis. Just don't be afraid to ask for help from relatives and friends. Those are lovely names you've both chosen for baby.

Blue Clover

Lothwen,

Congratulations on the new baby! I hope all is well!

Windsor

Many Congratulations!!! Welcome back!! :hug:

Lothwen

Thanks everyone! I'm gonna try to figure out a way to post pictures. I'll be honest, the royals kinda bore me now...

Okay, there's a couple of pictures for you all to enjoy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Harryite 12-005

TLLK

She is lovely Lothwen. Forget the royals you have your own princess now. :hug:

Jennifer

Lothwen, your little Princess is so precious!  :Jen:
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Orchid

apologies for my late post. but congratulations Lothwen. & welcome back.
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

Lothwen

Thank you Orchid :hug:
Harryite 12-005