Living Inside Buckingham Palace

Started by Lindelle, December 21, 2009, 04:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenee

Quote from: Lindelle on December 30, 2009, 06:27:45 AM
I remember that as my son was looking at the same career at the same time and i thought , hey not only do Harry and my son look alike but they both can't do math!

:laugh:
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Pri

Back from a loong hiatus.  Who has apartments in Buckingham Palace?
"I didn't really know what I wanted to do, but I knew the woman I wanted to become." DvF

Lindelle

Hi Pri. I THINK Edward and Sophie still have apartments there for when they are in London, same with Andrew too, but as for other members I'm not sure.
I wish i had one-RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO PRINCE ANDREW :wub2: :kiss2: :sigh:

Pri

V. cool...he is the hottest of the queen's siblings.
"I didn't really know what I wanted to do, but I knew the woman I wanted to become." DvF

Ursula

Princess Anne has apartments there as well for her use when she's in London.  

I'd be thrilled to settle for attic space in BP and I'd make it the coziest closet in town!   :P  

Hale

Having toured BP this year, I can tell you that in the State/Public rooms their are electric fires situated within the real fireplaces.  They look as if they are throw backs from the 70's.  I would go so far as to say that was the last time BP had a good refurbishing.  I understand that it was PP who did away with footman wearing powdered wigs.

I don't know if this is any help, but sometime ago I met a sailor at my husbands unit who actually worked on the Royal Yacht Britannia.  He said, that all messages were passed on verbally because they were not allowed to use the tannoy system (making pipes) in case it disturbed the royals.  Also, when ever the loos were used, a fresh bar of soap would be unwrapped and placed in the washroom after each and every royal visit.

I wonder if this applies to BP also?

Jenee

I hope not- that is a horrible waste!
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Ursula

Quote from: Jenee on January 02, 2010, 10:00:19 PM
I hope not- that is a horrible waste!

Hmmm.  Not exactly "green" living, eh?  :notamused:

Lindelle

Well i heard that the RF don't have to worry about waste as they get so many gifts given to them throughout the year. No wonder they have so much money, they never have to buy anything!
It would be best given to charity if they have THAT much.

koolkat

they probably do. we just don't hear all of it.

Hale

That's true koolkat.  They all give to charity, but it is very rare that we hear about it.  For instance the recent flooding in England, we did hear that the POW & the Q made a contribution, but what that contribution was???????????

Sometime ago, in a tv series, it came to light that a private donor saved an island of the Scottish Coast.  The programme left the viewer in no doubt that the private donor was none other than The Q, however it was only by accident we the general public actually learned of it.

Ursula

Hale, I can understand figures not being released - I imagine it would never be "enough" considering their wealth and that argument would take on a life of its own. 

I'm glad to hear that about the Scottish island.