Prince Harry is returning to Africa to continue conservation work

Started by Jennifer, July 30, 2016, 11:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

QuoteHis Royal Highness, Prince Harry spent last summer in South Africa. He will be returning there for a few weeks this summer to work on the frontlines of various conservation projects affecting the region.

According to Kensington Palace, Harry has been working with experts to design a program that he will be able to support. Mainly through focusing on initiatives which support wildlife conservation through protecting southern Africa's wildlife and local communities.

Read more:
Prince Harry is returning to Africa to continue conservation work – Royal Central
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Valentina18

Harry is a hard working royal,why not go do something you love and have fun while your doing it.Harry loves going to Africa and he really seems to get in there and work side by side with the people. I think the press needs to stop making harry out to still be a lost party boy.He does far more charity work than William and still gets slammed while William hides out at amner hall with the Middleton's doing nothing or pretending to work.

fleurdelis

^ I agree. In general, none of the royals ever do much in the month of August so at least he's doing something meaningful with his month off other than lounge about a country estate.

michelle0187

I'm inclined to believe that he genuinely  has a deep interest in working with conservation of elephants. he was most likely intending to relax in SA in the summer. it is an obvious bonus for him to let the public know that he is committed to earn their respect. this might be what Rebecca English was saying on twitter recently. he won't be sleeping in tents for more than a week. I find judging or trying to give my opinion based on his past actions and not wk. looking back on the things he achieved like Co founding sentebale and Invictus games are proof that he isn't forced to cut back on the royal duties.

wannable

His deep interest will change when he has a girlfriend to take somewhere else. But, singleton summer camping in Africa is better than getting drunk with almost all his to date married buddies.

michelle0187

^still waiting for his twenties rep to damage his rep now huh?

i wonder how appreciative he was for a certain someone demanding that she follow him to Italy while on the job or her refusal to pay her way to the places he wanted to take her to in the end? oh he's definitely starving for a sequel. and leave the very charities for causes that gave a huge sense of purpose and confidence in what he's capable of. he doesn't refer to his granny as his boss for nothing.

wannable

If he sticks to the yearly African summer hols before and after, the later tacking his alleged interest in conservancy. The thing is, his cousin in SA is getting married next weekend, so to me it's a PR move to put some kind of photo op before partying.

His past treatment to GF's, speaks more of a crappy boyfriend. He complains the press attaches him to any girl he speaks too, but he doesn't realize that his actions give way more gossip and column inches to the tabloids.

michelle0187

]

I see your point in the second paragraph. I will admit that his habit of avoiding to protect those who become a potential royal wife, indicates that he isn't living up to his words about protecting those stalking her. it's one of the few things that I have a problem with. some of his fans prefer to put the blame on those rumored gfs. it's much easier. in some cases the women who do avoid confirming it, should take part of the blame. but they eventually don't accept that as the truth. they are the users and he is just the victim according to some.

the conservation thing surprised him and his advisors last year. so it's plausible to find it as a pr move or excuse. I don't doubt that he finds the conservation gig interesting.  it's said that  naysayers defense is people forgetting that he is human. but it's imo that in reality, alot of people forget he isn't just like them.

as for the first paragraph. were you insisting that the hiv awareness events were planned to do damage control and an excuse to stay longer without going down the same path as last year? when I think about it, he has being running off to Africa for a decade along with photos of posing with animals that were given tranquilizers . it could be possible that at some point, he only publicly speak of conservation of animals in danger of getting wiped out and killed for the tusks. to be less guilty of being contradicting 

SophieChloe

Quote from: wannable on July 30, 2016, 07:52:58 PM
A summer camp.
Just like William and Kate's Indian adventure.  And they have another one coming up. 

Wonder if she will take her "scientific papers" with her?   

However, I have to agree with you @wannable.  Another fun fundholiday for Harry! 

I'm beyond peeved off with him. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

wannable

That was an official royal tour invited by the Indian government, like it or not, the sightseeing is part of it - marketing the country or commonwealth they visit, publicity free by being mentioned in the media. All royals do this, although only the trio get lots of coverage.

I'm not sure if the strategy of tacking in photo ops, when the main is a holiday a good deed. It may backfire the guilt of being rich, I'm off for the summer hols. Vice versa Harry has done official government or Royal tours, tacking in some free days at the end of Royal business, which for someone high profile, I particularly do not like, as it ends in the news...F1, bonging on a yatch, so forth.

@michelle0187 I'm liking Harry's involvement with AIDS. It seems Sentebale is doing good lately, after various years of shaking up the board of directors. Anything the brothers do to heal themselves, commemorate their mother works.