Prince Harry BBC Radio 4 Christmas Show

Started by Kritter, December 17, 2017, 12:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Prince Harry's persuasive manner | Daily Mail Online

QuotePresenter Sarah Montague is interrupting her radio silence over Christmas to return to the Today programme for one day only ? after being promised she can co-host with Prince Harry.

Sarah, 51, has been off the early morning Radio 4 show for several weeks as she battles BBC bosses over the massive pay gap between her and male colleagues.

But I can reveal that Harry?s festive visit to Broadcasting House in London will mark her temporary return.

Harry will be a co-host.    :eyes:

Double post auto-merged: December 17, 2017, 11:37:04 AM

Kensington Palace‏Verified account @KensingtonRoyal

QuotePrince Harry's guest editorship of @BBCRadio4 Today programme on the 27th December will feature an interview with former US President @BarackObama. The interview focuses on their shared interest in building platforms for the next generation of young leaders.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRPl27hX4AAshIJ.jpg
The conversation with @BarackObama includes his memories of the day he left office and his hopes for his post-presidential life, including his plans to focus on cultivating the next generation of leadership through the @ObamaFoundation.
A segment of the interview will be broadcast on 27 December on the @BBCRadio4 Today Programme with the full interview available as a podcast.

Curryong

Harry has interviewed Barack Obama for his gig, the Today programme on Radio 4. They recorded it earlier this year, in Toronto.

Prince Harry interviews Barack Obama for BBC radio

wannable

QuoteWhen Harry interviewed Barry: Barack Obama jokes around with Prince Harry as he's questioned for the royal's guest editing slot on Radio 4's Today programme
Interview was recorded in Toronto in September during Invictus Games
Harry's guest editorship of the programme will be broadcast on December 27th
Former president joked with Harry asking if he needed a British accent
Interview will touch on Obama's memories of leaving office and future hopes 

Read more: Barack Obama jokes around with Prince Harry | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

TLLK

Kritter

I do believe these two men have a warm & friendly relationship.    :shake:

sara8150

Don't Make Him Do 'the Face'! Prince Harry and Barack Obama Joke Around Ahead of Radio Interview
Prince Harry Interviews Barack Obama for Radio Program | PEOPLE.com

Double post auto-merged: December 17, 2017, 06:49:46 PM

Prince Harry interviews Barack Obama for Today programme guest slot
Prince Harry interviews Barack Obama for Today programme guest slot | UK news | The Guardian

Double post auto-merged: December 17, 2017, 06:51:08 PM

Royal bromance? Obama grilled by Prince Harry in Radio 4 Today interview
Prince Harry and Barack Obama's BBC Radio 4 Today interview revealed | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: December 18, 2017, 06:17:19 PM

Watch Prince Harry and Barack Obama share some laughs in preview of interview
Prince Harry and Barack Obama share some laughs in preview of interview - TODAY.com

Double post auto-merged: December 18, 2017, 06:21:09 PM

Prince Harry interviews former President Obama
Prince Harry interviews former President Obama

Kritter

Kensington Palace
‏Verified account @KensingtonRoyal
Prince Harry will guest edit tomorrow's @BBCr4today programme. HRH has worked closely with the Today team over several months to produce segments on topics close to his heart including the Armed Forces, conservation and mental health. Tune in to @BBCRadio4 from 6am!

:thumbsup:

Double post auto-merged: December 27, 2017, 06:13:51 AM

Richard Palmer
‏Verified account @RoyalReporter

QuotePrince Harry, guest editor of BBC Radio 4's Today programme this morning, has pulled off two big interviews: the Prince of Wales as well as Barack Obama.
In an interview with Prince Harry, former US President Barack Obama has warned that social media is distorting politics. It's seen as a thinly-veiled attack on President Donald Trump.

Curryong

KP have announced that Harry has become President of the conservation endeavour African Parks. It was under the wing of AP that Harry assisted in the moving of all those African elephants to new surroundings in 2016.

Twitter

Kritter

Prince Harry said Meghan Markle had a fantastic Christmas | Daily Mail Online

QuotePrince Harry today told Radio 4 listeners that his fiancee Meghan Markle had a 'fantastic' Christmas with the Royals and said they are the 'family she never had'.

The 33-year-old was guest editing the popular Today programme and was interviewed at the end of the three-hour show.

He was asked about the festive period and revealed that his family 'loved having' the 36-year-old Suits actress with them in Sandringham, Norfolk.

Asked about how she coped meeting the 'in-laws' the prince replied: 'It was fantastic, she really enjoyed it.'

Prince Harry plays Grime on Radio 4's Today programme | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: December 27, 2017, 12:27:59 PM

BBC Radio 4 - Best of Today, Prince Harry interviews Barack Obama

Complete Obama interview with Prince Harry.

Double post auto-merged: December 27, 2017, 04:36:06 PM

BBC Radio 4 - Best of Today, Prince Charles on climate change

QuoteThe Prince of Wales is a man with strong views - a passion for causes close to his heart.

That includes helping young people and the environment.

Issues he's been discussing with his son Prince Harry for this podcast.

TLLK

Op-Ed piece from the Guardian regarding the BRF and this form of communication. The Cambridges were interviewed on BBC Radio One earlier in the year so this type of collaboration might continue.

Today programme?s royal coup was smart move for BBC and Prince Harry | UK news | The Guardian

QuotePrince Harry has provided an unprecedented insight into the issues that he considers important and his relationship with his father, Prince Charles, by guest-editing BBC Radio 4?s Today programme. But agreeing to edit one of the BBC?s flagship current affairs programmes has also shone a light on the royal family?s approach to the media.

The prince?s edition of Today has been broadly well received, with presenter Sarah Montague praising the 33-year-old as more hands-on than other guest editors and Catherine Mayer, author of a 2015 biography on Prince Charles, describing it as a ?stunning public relations feat?.
:xmas19:

royalanthropologist

And some people had the nerve to tell us Charles is a bad father and not close to his sons. Lol.  :hehe:

Prince Harry tells his father that he 'picks his brains' | Daily Mail Online
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Curryong

Good to hear that Harry received praise for a professional guest editing from the Today people, considering he can do nothing right according to some. I think Harry is great in front of a mike and had an unusual and interesting spread of guests.

TLLK

Quote from: royalanthropologist on December 27, 2017, 09:04:13 PM
And some people had the nerve to tell us Charles is a bad father and not close to his sons. Lol.  :hehe:

Prince Harry tells his father that he 'picks his brains' | Daily Mail Online
That was a nice exchange between father and son.  :consoling1:

And the former POTUS shares which of the Wales brothers that he liked best...at that moment.  :teehee:

QuoteDuring the same interview, Obama said he prefers Prince William over his brother while he was getting grilled by the prince.
:wink:

Kritter

Sounds like Harry was throwing his Dad a bone so he could receive some PR. Harry ask some detailed questions & Charles sounded like he just wanted to hear his own voice.

One would think after all these years he would know more about climate change. Harry kept trying but Mr. Environment kept trying to pat himself on the back. No wonder it was such a short interview.   :random48:

Duch_Luver_4ever

Id like to hear Harry but ugh, Obama sad ex president trying to stay relevant and Charles pushing climate change, does he need to push his investments a bit higher to pay for Meghan this year.  :partaay:
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

sandy

Maybe Al Gore will be his next interview or Leo Di Caprio Harry can talk to them about Climate Change

Kritter

^Harry would get more info from them than he did from Charles. Charles was to busy trying to convince that he was the first to know about climate change & that he isn't a dotard.    :lmao2:

TLLK

Well it didn't take long for Samantha Grant nee Markle to respond to Harry's comment today.  :ahhh:

Meghan Markle's sister hits back at Prince Harry's claim | Daily Mail Online

QuotePresenter Sarah Montague asked the prince if there were any family traditions that had to be explained to Miss Markle and he replied: 'Oh plenty, I think we've got one of the biggest families that I know of, and every family is complex as well.

'No look, she's done an absolutely amazing job. She's getting in there and it's the family I suppose that she's never had.'

So apparently Samantha took issue with "She's getting in there and it's the family I suppose that she's never had." 

This is where I feel badly for Harry and other public figures because there is always someone who wants to examine and dissect everything that they say. IMO if Meghan or either of her parents truly has an issue with Harry's comment,  then it's their task to discuss it with him, not her estranged sister.

Kritter

^I posted this article in royal acquaintances to discuss the book Samantha is writing.   :wink:

TLLK

Announced during yesterday's program.

Prince Harry becomes President of African Parks ? Royal Central

DoD News photo by EJ Hersom

It was announced during Prince Harry?s stint as guest editor of yesterday morning?s BBC Radio 4 Today programme that His Royal Highness had been appointed as President of African Parks ? a conservation non-profit.

In his new role, Harry will assist in protecting African Parks? mission to protect the continent?s national parks. In addition, his role will also have him help in the advancement of African wildlife conservation and conservation of wildlife throughout the world.

Prince Harry, who has worked with African Parks since last year and has visited southern African several times, has a ?deep personal interest? in African frontline conservation projects working to protect the area?s natural heritage, as well as supporting local communities and wildlife.

QuoteI posted this article in royal acquaintances to discuss the book Samantha is writing.
Oh I hadn't seen it there. I posted the article here because Harry had made the comment during his radio broadcast. Just ask a moderator to remove my post if you want. :)

Kritter

^I would think it worked in both threads.   :unsure:  The article does have more than her Sisters book in it, I just thought it would be interesting to discuss the book & the reasons behind it.   :blowkiss:

wannable

From the BBC

A Kensington Palace spokesperson said Prince Harry's "comments speak for themselves".

Meghan Markle's sister responds to Harry's family comments - BBC News

The Firm isn't going to cover nor take the steps of damage control for Harry in this one.

Kritter

Why should they? Nothing wrong with what he said.

Meghan had her Mom at Christmas time, not other children, Cousins etc.. The half sisters side were racist. Sounds like a horrible Christmas if she were forced to spend it with them.

wannable

So much so, KP commented and set the record straight - he is alone in this one, just in case, as that particular comment of MM is generating a huge negative buzz.

royalanthropologist

Quote from: Kritter on December 27, 2017, 10:14:33 PM
Sounds like Harry was throwing his Dad a bone so he could receive some PR. Harry ask some detailed questions & Charles sounded like he just wanted to hear his own voice.

One would think after all these years he would know more about climate change. Harry kept trying but Mr. Environment kept trying to pat himself on the back. No wonder it was such a short interview.   :random48:

I think Harry is a kind thoughtful man. Not a nasty vindictive child trying to abuse his own father or show him up. I liked the exchange. Makes a complete nonsense of all that BS about tension etc. Just people's fertile imagination IMO. Wishful thinking and all that...nothing to do with reality or facts.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace