Duchess of Cambridge Rugby Portobello 12/12/2017

Started by wannable, December 12, 2017, 02:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

QuoteKate lends a hand: Duchess helps to set up a Christmas party for children as she visits a charity supporting victims of the Grenfell Tower disaster
Duchess is visiting the Rugby Portobello Trust at its community centre in North Kensington
Centre staff have been pivotal in supporting people affected by the Grenfell inferno
Duchess will join a Christmas party for the Magic Mums group
Will also help staff to set up for the children's Christmas party later today 

Read more: Kate Middleton sets up charity Christmas party in London | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

TLLK

More photos of her arrival at the party.

Duchess Cambridge December 12 Bilder und Fotos | Getty Images,%202017&sort=newest#license

QuoteThe trust has been a key institution for survivors of the blaze, helping to distribute much-needed donated funds to families who lost everything in the fire.
Kate Middleton sets up charity Christmas party in London | Daily Mail Online

The Rugby Portobello Trust :snowflake: :xmas3:

Double post auto-merged: December 12, 2017, 05:10:06 PM

Photo of kids setting up for the holiday party.
Kensington Palace on Twitter: "The Duchess helps set up for a Christmas party which will take place @RugbyPortobello Trust?s community centre later

sara8150

Kate Middleton Plays Santa as She Brings Christmas Cheer to Grenfell Tower Fire Victims
Kate Middleton Brings Christmas Cheer to Grenfell Tower Fire Victims | PEOPLE.com

Double post auto-merged: December 12, 2017, 05:44:17 PM

Kate hands out presents at children's Christmas party
Kate Middleton attends children's Christmas party

TLLK

Video from today's event. News Production | ITN Productions

(The first little boy is racing over for his gift and the second little boy seems more interested in the bow adorning his present.) :xmas17:

SophieChloe

People have woken up to her : Rookie (@royalfocus1) | Twitter 
There could have been a free for all  without those barriers.... :orchid:

She could only ride the waves for so long.

There is a new Kid in Town.   :xmas15:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Kritter

Quote from: SophieChloe on December 12, 2017, 07:19:04 PM
People have woken up to her : Rookie (@royalfocus1) | Twitter 
There could have been a free for all  without those barriers.... :orchid:

She could only ride the waves for so long.

There is a new Kid in Town.   :xmas15:

The children aren't interested in her being a Princess anymore it seems. No fans outside, how many media people showed up for her. I wonder if the press has started sending just one person.

TLLK

Curryong

We didn't see how many people were there in that clip though. Few royals except the Queen get big numbers of people turning up to their everyday engagements in Britain any more. Around fifty for example is considered a large number, especially in cold weather.

I can remember huge and excited crowds turning up for quite ordinary Royal engagements in my childhood and youth and right up to about twenty years ago. Numbers have been dropping for quite some time.

Don't exactly know what's caused it; the Internet Age, less interest in magazines by women, lack of a charismatic figure in the BRF, royalty fatigue after the Wales years and a bit of disillusionment because the magic had been tarnished, people doing it tough, more women in fulltime weekday employment, some resentment perhaps, or a bit of everything.

amabel

I think that there is more indifference, other famous people are now "more famous" than the RF and the young take an interest in them.  People aslso seem to prefer "living on the Internet" or their mobile phones now much more than acutaly going to see someone or even watching a royal appearance on the TV.  partly I think it is also to do iwht women, who are usually the most ardent Royal watchers, mostly having fulltime jobs and not being free to go and see some royal esp if they are just doing a routine engagement.

TLLK

^^^Good points @amabel. Also I don't think that we can discount the fact that this was for  the Grenfall Survivors some of whom requested not to be photographed during the event. Kate met with them privately away from the public and media gaze. IMO this was  meant to be a low key weekday engagement in contrast to one that is for a major national event or has a planned "walk about" like the Christmas service.

Eri

She is really upping her game ... she isn't perfect but I see improvement ... especially her public speaking ... that is improvement for her ...