Charles, Camilla and the Queen

Started by Curryong, October 09, 2017, 03:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

The Queen hosted a ball/party for 1000 people for Charles's 50th birthday, at BP. Camilla wasn't invited. The next evening there was a party at Highgrove for him organised by Camilla. The Queen and Prince Philip were no-shows though they'd been invited.

sandy

I recall this part was a huge PR opportunity for C and C. To show "Diana's sons" were all for it, the spin was that the boys organized it all.  William according to a BBC documentary was upset that his father used him in the PR for the "tea with Camilla" story. IT turned out that Harry was seen smoking and drinking at the party (at the age of 13!) and it was not exactly the Brady Bunch Scenario. The Queen Mother was of course still alive so I think she would have been upset if "Lilibet" attended the party at Highgrove. And Princess Margaret was not a fan of Mrs Parker Bowles. Charles attempts to have a "Brady Bunch" scenario backfired when it was found out that Tom Parker Bowles did drugs (Charles was encouraging William to socialize with Tom).

Duch_Luver_4ever

I think Harry's got a bit of his Aunt Sarah in him, as she did that at about that age as well. :partaay:
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.