Kensington MP claims DoE is unfaithful to QEII

Started by TLLK, September 28, 2017, 03:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duch_Luver_4ever

and this surprises anybody???? :orchid: hes lucky when he was in his prime the press was far more deferential.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Curryong

Apparently the big TV series The Crown has quite an interesting take on that period of the Queen's life, the 1950s and early '60s, when the rumours were really going berserk. In that series the Queen appears quite sarcastic and embittered by it all. The British newspapers of the day (especially once when he was away from England on the Britannia for months) got around it by loudly attacking the American media which speculated on it.

Philip probably had less women than we suspect and more than we know of. His line has always been 'How can I have done anything when I have detectives around me wherever I go?' Well, as we've seen with some of the younger royals, RPOs are deaf, dumb and blind when they have to be. It's no guarentee of innocence.

amabel

Of course the RPOS aren't there to stop him having affairs, if anything, they may hvave to facilitate tehm because they are with him all the time and it is their responsibility to ensure he is safe.
I don't know wehether he has been unfaithful or not, I suspsect that perhaps in the ealriy years, when he was trying to find a role, and felt emasculated by "following the queen at 2 paces" and not being able to give his name to his children.. he may have found himself some consolation elsewhere.  And the queen problaby didn't like it but knew that he loved her and that it was mostly about sex and ego.. and she did try to give him a role and help him find a way of living with the sitatuion..but there were a lot of rumours as I recall that he was away from home a good deal...
and I think that it si obvious that while he is not an emotional touchy feeliy person, he does love the queen and admires her and has been her support and best friend for the past 70 years. 

TLLK

Quote from: Duch_Luver_4ever on September 29, 2017, 02:31:35 AM
and this surprises anybody???? :orchid: hes lucky when he was in his prime the press was far more deferential.
One of my parents former neighbors had the opportunity to meet the DoE in Los Angeles in the 1970's at a university (UCLA, USC?) event. At the time Phillip would have been in his mid-fifties and she in her mid-forties.  She's originally from Denmark and Phillip of course has ties to that country. She described him as being very witty and at the time  rather flirtatious. She responded in kind and they too had a fun conversation together but nothing beyond that. :D

Curryong

Was she sorry about that, TLLK?  :P I believe others have described Philip as flirtatious. However, I did read an odd story once that came via an old retainer of the royals. He was very discreet but described how Philip and a particular lady would utilise Sandringham when it was locked up because the Queen was away. He would arrive with this lady and a meal would be served in one of the rooms. Afterwards he, the servant would withdraw, leaving them with a bottle of wine and a roaring fire. After several hours they would depart. That happened in the later 1950s. They would never stay the night and would drive off after a couple of hours. Odd behaviour for a so-called happily married man. However, I do believe his first allegiance has always been to Elizabeth.

TLLK

royalanthropologist

The queen was brought up in a generation of silent women. Whether or not he cheated, she would just deal with it internally. I have this wicked picture in my mind of the queen slashing his shirts in private and then looking calm and serene in public. That would be deliciously naughty :hehe:
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

amabel

I hope she woudlnt' be so vulgar. I think ther was a period of the marriage being unhappy, but she knew that essentially Philip loved her, and that if he had other women it was not thtat important..
She knew that Phil was unhappy with his position adjusting to giving up his navy career, trying to find a new occupation and being the "second best" in public.  So she adjusted, gave him more free reign in private, and clearly they worked through their marriage problems and remade their relationship and had their 2 more children.  and now they are 70 years married and clearly still have a good relationship and love each other...