Prince Henrik don\\\'t want bury next HM Queen Marthage

Started by sara8150, August 05, 2017, 04:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

World's Most Bitter Royal, Denmark's Prince Henrik, Says He Won't Be Buried Next to His Wife the Queen
Prince Henrik of Denmark Won't Be Buried Next to His Wife

Double post auto-merged: August 05, 2017, 04:19:39 PM

Denmark's prince refuses to be buried next to his queen 'because she didn't name him king when she ascended to the throne'
Denmark's prince says he will not be buried next to Queen | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: August 05, 2017, 04:20:19 PM

Prince Henrik refuses to share grave with his wife Margrethe
Prince Henrik refuses to share grave with his wife Margrethe | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION

TLLK

I feel very badly for Queen Margrethe and her sons. Henrik has thrown petulant temper tantrums in the past, but now I have to wonder if he and QM have unofficially separated.

Curryong

Welcome back TLLK. Hope you had a wonderful time.  :friends:
On to this subject! There have been huge debates going on all over forums about Prince Henrik's latest outbursts. Some were prepared to give him the benefit of doubt, as he is old and might be suffering from the beginnings of dementia.

Others, like me, have felt that it isn't senility but a recurrence in old age of the constant theme of previous years, 'I want/deserve to be King Consort'. This must be so distressing to Queen Daisy and to Henrik's and Margrethe's children. Apparently Danes are becoming very fed up with this selfish and self-absorbed man.

His latest rants have been unforgivable. Accusing his wife of not giving him respect, not feeling 'equal' (of course he's not equal. Daisy became heir to the Danish throne then monarch. He knew that when he married her.) Now it's just out and out blackmail. 'I'll lie next to you after death if I'm made King Consort'. In fact, as he darn well knows, the Danish Parliament has to change the Constitution for that to happen.

It's hard to know what the DRF are going to do about Henrik. Pacify him somehow until the next round, because ultimately he's not going to shut up, a divorce, pull his apanage (that would make things worse IMO.) I hope Margrethe doesn't feel obliged to abdicate because of this silly and spoiled old man. It may be the only way if this recurs but it would be a real shame IMO.

royalanthropologist

What a prima donna. The queen is always on tenterhooks about his next tantrum :hehe:
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

TLLK

QuoteWelcome back TLLK. Hope you had a wonderful time.  :friends:
On to this subject! There have been huge debates going on all over forums about Prince Henrik's latest outbursts. Some were prepared to give him the benefit of doubt, as he is old and might be suffering from the beginnings of dementia.

Thank you for asking @Curryong. We had a wonderful time on our trip on our cruise around the UK and Ireland and now the grim reality of laundry awaits me later today.  :P Thank God for teens who are capable of running the washing machine! :thumbsup:

I did see this headline while on vacation and was stunned. I was surprised at how many foreign papers/sites had picked up on this story from Denmark as their royal family typically does not generate much interest outside of the well-known royal sites. When I checked in at the big forum, I saw there were already 300 plus replies to the original post. :eyes:

I have to agree with you and @royalanthropologist  that this is yet another tantrum from PH and IMHO this is by far the worst. Had Henrik suddenly made these demands, then I could reason that a dramatic change in behavior would be related to dementia.  From what I could tell, it appears that PH had stated this intent  some time ago (with Margrethe's  but the public has now just been informed about his decision to be interred away from his spouse. I wonder how the sculptor/crafts artists who have been designing and creating their joint tomb for years now feel about this twist!

Henrik like his male consort peers: UK's Phillip, NL's late Princes Bernhard and Claus and Sweden's future prince consort Prince Daniel was well informed as to what HIS title, position and role was to be when he married his spouse. Phillip,Bernhard, Claus and Henrik all had times when they felt the strain of their role and had to reconcile with the idea that their wives and later their heirs would take the leading position as head of state to their respective nations. This would prove challenging at times for European men raised in the earlier years of the twentieth century and we're all aware that there were episodes of strain in all of their marriages. However no one, even Bernhard compares to Henrik's petulant behavior over this fact that their wife and their heir take precedence over the Prince Consort. 

Fortunately it seems that from observing Sweden's Daniel, he appears to be a supportive and loving spouse like Phillip and Claus. Whatever disagreements Victoria and Daniel will have in their marriage, I doubt that their final resting place will be one of them. 

amabel

Philip certainly has had problems iwht being "second best" but he has too much respect for his wife and for her postion as queen to make it public.  But it is said that Q E let  him "manage the family" to make up for his being second to her and  that was not really a great idea, at least not in terms of how Charles was brought up.
but it is nothing like the drama that Henrik appears to be cuasing.

TLLK

CP Frederik has made his first comment on this issue.

Quote"I only have to say that I'm really sorry for my father's decision in a lot of areas. More can not be said about this case at present. "

LIGE NU: Efter prins Henriks chokerende udmelding: Her er Frederiks første reaktion | BT Royale - BT Nyheder | Læs nyhederne på bt.dk

royalanthropologist

Wow. These guys are really doing the dysfunctional part well at the moment. Make Henrick a queen consort and be done with it.  :hehe: It is so funny seeing an elderly man throw such a hissy fit and so publicly.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace