HM to missed Royal Ascot due opening parliament

Started by sara8150, June 14, 2017, 03:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Nightowl

Oh Nooooooo, this is not amusing to say the least. This is one time when summer gets here that all the British History is on full display and something that so many people visit and enjoy.  I so am a huge fan of HM and she is the one that to me is the British Royal Family in all her glory.

I hope that the gov gets it's act together soon for the gov there seems like the gov here in the US....out of control and a mess so..........

Maybe it is time that the people take control of the gov and give the job back to the BRF on a permanent basis and get rid of politicians for good.  A full Monarchy will with HM at the head is just what is needed.

sara8150

Date of State Opening of Parliament and Queen's Speech confirmed
Date of State Opening of Parliament and Queen's Speech confirmed - ITV News
June 21 that day week of Royal Ascot

amabel

Quote from: Nightowl on June 14, 2017, 05:55:50 PM
Oh Nooooooo, this is not amusing to say the least. This is one time when summer gets here that all the British History is on full display and something that so many people visit and enjoy.  I so am a huge fan of HM and she is the one that to me is the British Royal Family in all her glory.

I hope that the gov gets it's act together soon for the gov there seems like the gov here in the US....out of control and a mess so..........

Maybe it is time that the people take control of the gov and give the job back to the BRF on a permanent basis and get rid of politicians for good.  A full Monarchy will with HM at the head is just what is needed.
If you mean an absolute monarchy certainly not.  how wuodl that be the "people taking control?"

LouisFerdinand

My inquiry would have been: Has the Queen ever missed a Royal Ascot?   
The article supplied the response: It will be the first time she has missed any of the racing since her coronation in June 1953.

Curryong

I can just imagine the Queen gnashing her teeth over missing part of Ascot. It's not the ceremonial though, carriages down the course etc. She and her mother loved their horse racing and that continues today.

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on June 16, 2017, 05:08:14 AM
I can just imagine the Queen gnashing her teeth over missing part of Ascot. It's not the ceremonial though, carriages down the course etc. She and her mother loved their horse racing and that continues today.

Absolutely!! The monarch loves horse at Royal Ascot and Espom also