Spanish Royals attend 40th anniversary of Queen Sofia's Alzheimer Foundation

Started by Jennifer, May 23, 2017, 12:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

It is great that King Felipe and Queen Letizia celebrated the 40th anniversary of Queen Sofia's Alzheimer Foundation with her. Even King Juan Carlos came! Queen Sofia has done a wonderful job dedicating her time and effort into doing research and finding treatments of the disease. I think she should win a Nobel Prize in Medicine this year!

QuoteQueen Letizia lived up to her glamorous-yet-regal reputation as she arrived at the Reina Sofia Alzheimer Foundation 40th anniversary celebrations in Madrid on Monday.

The 44-year-old royal exuded stylish elegance in a buttoned-up burgundy leather peplum jacket, paired with a crisp white pencil skirt and towering heels.

Her mother-in-law, former Queen Sofia, who is patron of the charitable foundation, chose a sartorial blue patterned two-piece skirt suit for the occasion, finished off with a complementary azure necklace.

Read more:
Queen Letizia exudes glamour at former Queen charity event | Daily Mail Online

"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Curryong

Of course the Daily Fail made this important event into a fashion show. Much as I admire Queen Leti's fashion choices I believe it is Queen Sofia who should be admired for her terrific support for this cause. Everyone heading into old age has the dread of this disease creeping up on them. It even hits in middle age sometimes. Good on Queen Sofia for her hard work in this area. Also good to see ex King Juan Carlos out supporting his spouse for once.

royalanthropologist

I have a suggestion to make: Let the DM get out of the business of "news". Just do their magnificent pictorials and we will fill in the blanks. That site is getting worse and worse.

I also think that sometimes they are just mocking their readers. I know I am a notorious Camilla fan here but some of the words DM uses to describe her sartorial choices are just ridiculous: "gorgeous", "glamorous", "stunning", "resplendent" etc. I mean really???
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Jennifer

Quote from: Curryong on May 23, 2017, 12:18:20 PM
Of course the Daily Fail made this important event into a fashion show. Much as I admire Queen Leti's fashion choices I believe it is Queen Sofia who should be admired for her terrific support for this cause. Everyone heading into old age has the dread of this disease creeping up on them. It even hits in middle age sometimes. Good on Queen Sofia for her hard work in this area. Also good to see ex King Juan Carlos out supporting his spouse for once.

I also thought DailyMail focused too much on Queen Letizia's fashion rather than the main point of the event (supporting Queen Sofia's Alzheimer's Foundation). More emphasis should be placed on the wonderful work that Queen Sofia has been done to help those who have the disease since it's a noteworthy accomplishment. DailyMail usually publish news articles about royals just for fashion purposes. I don't think being interested in royals is only about that because it's the duties they do and causes they support which interests many of us.
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston