Prince Edward & Princess Anne likely to increase their workload

Started by Jennifer, May 08, 2017, 03:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

QuoteThe Earl of Wessex and the Princess Royal are likely to increase their workload in the coming years to accommodate for the Duke of Edinburgh's retirement in the Autumn.

Although already the UK's busiest royal, Princess Anne is expected to become a companion to The Queen when she undertakes official visits.

As the 91-year-old monarch never undertakes solo public engagements, her 66-year-old daughter will likely accompany Her Majesty on visits.

Read more:
Prince Edward & Princess Anne likely to increase their workload following their father's retirement – Royal Central
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Curryong

^ According to Richard Palmer's sources, (he was discussing it again today) none of Charles's siblings are pencilled in for Royal duties in the next reign. So, if Richard is correct, the Wessexes are likely to be pensioned off as well as Princess Anne (and Andrew.) So, it's a case, I guess, of making hay while the sun shines for the Earl and Countess at least, although no doubt they will keep on several of their charities, and engagements on behalf of the Duke of Edinburgh's Award Scheme.

TLLK

QuoteAccording to Richard Palmer's sources, (he was discussing it again today) none of Charles's siblings are pencilled in for Royal duties in the next reign

I've long suspected that Anne, Andrew, Edward, Sophie and Timothy were given notice about this years ago and that is why they're featured so prominently in QEII's reign while her grandchildren have been more in the background for many years.

sandy

Charles is not King yet.  He may need them more than he thinks. The Grandchildren have not displayed much get up and go so far.  I think William wants to postpone full time duties for as long as he can. After so much time off, his habits may be difficult to break. He talked in a speech a few months ago about the "weight of duty." Pensioning off his siblings I think will come back to bite Charles.

TLLK

The Queen’s Trust in the Countess of Wessex – Royal Central

IMO this is an excellent summary of Edward and Sophie's work for the BRF. They've come a long way from their bumpy start back in the early 2000's.

sandy

The Queen always was fond of Sophie. Sophie had a very bad start healthwise. She had an ectopic pregnancy and then she and Louise's lives were at stake in a difficult delivery. She and Edward now have a family with two children, Louise and James. Very fortunate and happy family.

Trudie

Charles will be rethinking this one in his grandparents reign they only had two children The royal cousins were needed to help fulfill engagements as well as the various Aunts and Uncles. Charles will realize he will be spreading his family thin. At his age he is 68 the chances of seeing his granchildren are quite slim so who will help with duties?