Books, films and television programs about Diana

Started by sara8150, May 02, 2017, 04:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

HBO Announces New, Authorized Princess Diana Documentary
HBO Announces New, Authorized Princess Diana Documentary - Rolling Stone
Interview include Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry but wait till date of August and four hour programs and two nights

Double post auto-merged: May 02, 2017, 04:53:24 PM

William and Harry will share intimate memories of their mother for a TV documentary that promises to paint the 'definitive portrait' of Diana on the 20th anniversary of her death
William and Harry to open up about Diana in documentary | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: May 02, 2017, 05:03:40 PM

William and Harry speak openly about their mother in new anniversary film
William and Harry speak openly about their mother in new anniversary film - ITV News

Curryong

Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing what her sons have to say. They knew her very well and adored her. At the very least this programme won't be a hate-fest on a dead woman, ascribing all sorts of motives to her, dissecting her mental health issues and shredding her character.

Nor will it pile most of the blame for the sadness of her life on her own behaviour, as if others had no bearing on the situation at all.

I'm looking forward to hearing how her sons regard her as an inspiration, how she has influenced their lives even from beyond the grave, and listening to friends who also knew and loved her.

royalanthropologist

I too I am hopeful that some random people do not misinterpret the documentary. i.e. ;" Oh they are praising their mum. Must be because they hate their dad". The boys can praise their mum and love their dad as well. The two things are not incompatible. It is about time the world heard from them directly because as far as I am concerned they are one of the select few people who truly knew Diana and loved her.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

royalanthropologist

Yes. It is about Diana and I hope that is how it remains. I think it was about time William and Harry took back their mother's legacy so that it is not entirely defined by third parties (proponents and opponents).
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

TLLK

It might also be the time for the brothers to tie in their work with mental health awareness by acknowledging that they have other family members (including their mother) who have benefited from seeking treatment with a professional. In the 1990's Diana's admission that she suffered from binge eating and bulimia prompted others in record numbers to seek assistance. Here is the opportunity to reach out to a new generation.

Curryong

This is very true, TLLK, and I hope they do that. However, I fear that in this, as in so much else in life, people's financial position is the final determinant in a patient seeing a therapist or psychiatrist on a regular basis and whether they can slip discreetly into a private (expensive) clinic or have to wait quite a long time on waiting lists to enter state facilities. It's this, in my view, that shows the limits of Heads Together, valuable though this campaign has been in encouraging others to seek assistance.

TLLK

^^^And sadly in light of recent government action this will likely be the case for those without access to private health care.

sara8150

Everything We Know About HBO's New Authorized Princess Diana Documentary
http://www.vogue.com/article/princess-diana-death-authorized-documentary-hbo
Still waiting date of premiere from hbo this August

Double post auto-merged: June 05, 2017, 07:25:10 AM

Duke of Cambridge to Participate in Princess Diana Documentary for ITV, HBO
Duke of Cambridge to Participate in Princess Diana Doc for ITV, HBO | Variety

sara8150

sara8150

'William pushed tissues under the door when Diana cried': Andrew Morton defends 'raking over the past' in his revised book - saying the Princes 'lived through' their mother's troubles daily
Morton defends impact Diana book might have on Princes | Daily Mail Online
Princes William and Harry don't wanted heard about his mom's books nope!

sara8150

William and Harry Open Up About Diana Together for the First Time: 'She Was One of the Naughtiest Parents'
William and Harry Say Princess Diana Was a 'Naughty' Parent

Double post auto-merged: July 08, 2017, 04:28:18 PM

'We're both in this photo... you're in the tummy': Princes William and Harry leaf through their family album as they discuss their late mother in new TV documentary on Diana's life
Princes William and Harry to discuss Diana in new film | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: July 08, 2017, 04:30:40 PM

'She was one of the naughtiest parents': Princes William and Harry remember their mother Princess Diana
'She was one of the naughtiest parents': Princes William and Harry remember their mother Princess Diana

Double post auto-merged: July 08, 2017, 04:33:18 PM

'The naughtiest mum' Prince William and Harry speak about Diana as a mother for first time
Princess Diana as mum - Prince William and Harry speak in new documentary | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: July 08, 2017, 04:34:12 PM

'She smothered us with love': Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry speak about Diana in new documentary
'She smothered us with love': Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry speak about Diana in new documentary - ITV News

Curryong

I'm so looking forward to this and to hearing some new insights into Diana from those who knew her best, her much loved sons. Other people, not heard before, will be coming forward with their memories of her too. Can't wait!

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on July 08, 2017, 08:48:10 PM
I'm so looking forward to this and to hearing some new insights into Diana from those who knew her best, her much loved sons. Other people, not heard before, will be coming forward with their memories of her too. Can't wait!

I'm agreed with you!!

Double post auto-merged: July 09, 2017, 02:10:10 AM

Prince William and Prince Harry Reflect on Princess Diana: 'She Was the Best Mum in the World'
Prince William, Harry Remember Princess Diana: ?Best Mum in the World? - Us Weekly

Double post auto-merged: July 09, 2017, 02:16:44 AM

Prince William and Harry pay emotional tribute to 'best mum' Diana
Princess Diana documentary: Princes William and Harry open up | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

amabel

having seen a pic on the paper on William showing a picture ot Harry and saying "you'e in this, you're in the tummy".. I think I'll certainly miss it.

sara8150

sara8150

Diana,our mother her life and legacy is on hbo July 24 don't missed on HBO interview by Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry

sara8150

Harry Shares His Regret Over Last Phone Call with Mom Diana: 'If I'd Known ... the Things I Would Have Said to Her'
Prince William and Prince Harry Open Up About Diana in New Doc

HBO will air on July 24 called Diana our mom life and legacy

Double post auto-merged: July 23, 2017, 02:41:20 AM

The Funny, Sweet Reason Prince William Says Diana Would Have Been 'an Absolute Nightmare' as a Grandma
Prince William on How He Talks to His Kids About Diana

Double post auto-merged: July 23, 2017, 02:47:11 AM

'The things I'd have said to her... if I knew it was the last time we'd speak': William and Harry's agony over final phone call with Diana as they share unseen photos - including one of princess pregnant
William and Harry's agony over final phone call with Diana | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: July 23, 2017, 02:49:54 AM

William shows Harry 'sweet' photo of his brother beaming with delight in one of the last images ever taken of the younger prince and his mother
William shows Harry 'sweet' photo of his brother | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: July 23, 2017, 02:51:08 AM

Prince Harry on how 'total kid' Diana had the motto 'be as naughty as you want... just don't get caught' as Wills jokes he 'fell down the stairs' when his mother booked Cindy Crawford and Naomi Campbell for his 12th birthday
Prince Harry on 'total kid' Diana | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: July 23, 2017, 02:58:53 AM

'We bounced between the two of them and never saw either enough': Princes on the impact of their parents' toxic marital breakdown and the picture of misery that confirmed to the Queen how bad things really were
Princes on impact of parents' toxic marital breakdown | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: July 23, 2017, 03:04:19 AM

'Mum was at my wedding': William on how his mother's death 'was like an earthquake' that took him seven years to get over - but she lives with him always and was there on his big day
'Mum was at my wedding': William on his mother's death | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: July 23, 2017, 03:08:52 AM

Princes tell documentary of 'fun' childhood with Diana
Princes tell documentary of 'fun' childhood with Diana - BBC News

Double post auto-merged: July 23, 2017, 03:12:15 AM

Princes William and Harry tell of their regret over their last conversation with their mother
Princes William and Harry tell of their regret over their last conversation with their mother

Double post auto-merged: July 23, 2017, 03:13:14 AM

'Be naughty, but don't get caught' What joker Diana told Harry as its revealed she smuggled sweets to school in their football socks
'Be naughty, but don't get caught' What joker Diana told Harry as its revealed she smuggled sweets to school in their football socks

Double post auto-merged: July 23, 2017, 03:14:30 AM

Princess Diana's death was 'like an Earthquake', Prince William remembers
Princess Diana's death was 'like an Earthquake', Prince William remembers

Double post auto-merged: July 23, 2017, 03:15:17 AM

William and Harry admit regret over rushed final call to Diana
William and Harry admit regret over rushed final call to Diana

Double post auto-merged: July 23, 2017, 03:21:56 AM

'I'll regret it forever' Prince William reveals heartbreaking last call from Diana
Prince William reveals heartbreaking call from Diana hours before her death | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: July 23, 2017, 03:25:27 AM

Diana's memory kept alive for Prince George and Princess Charlotte with bedtime stories
Diana?s memory kept alive for George and Charlotte with bedtime stories | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: July 23, 2017, 03:27:16 AM

William and Harry: The moment we heard our mother's voice for the last time
William and Harry: The moment we heard our mother's voice for the last time - ITV News

Double post auto-merged: July 23, 2017, 03:28:43 AM

William on Diana. In his own words
William on Diana. In his own words - ITV News

Curryong

The impact of separation and divorce on young children in a marriage can never be underestimated. It's still reverberating with William and Harry over twenty years later. Now, they get a chance for a cathartic session they can share with others and talk about their mum. That can only be good. It's excellent too that William talks to his children about their grandmother.

royalanthropologist

One of the important lessons for children of divorced parents is that it is not their fault. They cannot become invigilators of a marriage that was not theirs in the first place. All the people who support the broken family must try to keep the kids well out of the drama, even if that means not saying things that one wants to say. 

I was particularly taken aback by the notion of children being ferried to and from one parent with not enough time with either parent. That is where divorcing parents sometimes get it very wrong. Your personal issues as a couple should never be allowed to interfere with your responsibilities as parents. That means not using children as pawns and certainly not asking them to take sides. Very insightful documentary though. I did find the "tummy" comment a bit strange but maybe that is how William expresses himself.

sandy

There are many children of divorce  in the world today. IT is very sad and tough on the children.  The boys had access to media and papers all these years so they could draw their own conclusions. I don't think the tummy comment is strange. Will has little children around and that's the sort of language parents use with little children. I think that impacted the way he talks on the documentary. I don't think William and Harry particularly liked their late mother trashed by Penny Junor, they are not going to attack her publicly but they appear to have countered some of her vitriol. It also refutes the notion that was going around that William was not speaking to his mother right before she died. Obviously he was according to his own testimony. There are subtle ways to counter things. I hope William's children and Harry's future children grow up in happy homes with no divorce. That is what should be the hope that comes out of this.

Double post auto-merged: July 23, 2017, 02:47:38 PM

Quote from: Curryong on July 23, 2017, 03:31:37 AM
The impact of separation and divorce on young children in a marriage can never be underestimated. It's still reverberating with William and Harry over twenty years later. Now, they get a chance for a cathartic session they can share with others and talk about their mum. That can only be good. It's excellent too that William talks to his children about their grandmother.

And I am glad they got the chance.  I am encouraged to by William's saying he is telling his children about their grandmother. Good for him.

Mike

Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

Trudie

Nothing strange about William using the phrase of in the tummy. William has children and is mindful that perhaps children will watch the documentary with their parents. William and Harry were so very lucky to have had a mother that truly showed her love for them and William is making sure his children know all about their wonderful grandmother and not just their step grandmother.

royalanthropologist

Ah well. I did not consider that. The phrase tummy seemed so toddlerish but if he had his children in mind then perhaps it explains it.

amabel

Quote from: royalanthropologist on July 23, 2017, 03:47:52 PM
Ah well. I did not consider that. The phrase tummy seemed so toddlerish but if he had his children in mind then perhaps it explains it.
IIRC he's saying it to Harry... well.....