The Hapsburgs news, current events and general discussion

Started by TLLK, April 30, 2017, 11:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

A thread to discuss the non-reigning Imperial Hapsburg Family's news, current events and general discussion :crown:

Luxarazzi: Imre and Katie at Conference in Vienna

TLLK

Their youngest daughter Gabriella and her fiance Prince Henri of Bourbon-Parma have a little daughter.  :snowflake:  Both are university students and she is currently living with her parents in Geneva.

Luxarazzi: A Daughter for Archduchess Gabriella

TLLK

Not surprising as he's now the head of the Imperial House.

LouisFerdinand

TLLK

Interesting question @LouisFerdinand however, I see the recreated Austro-Hungarian state facing the same issues that it did 100 years ago among its varied groups. Differences in language, alphabet-Roman and Cyrillic, religions: Catholicism, Protestantism, Islam, Orthodox Christianity, economic power etc..would be almost insurmountable IMHO. Consider that we've already seen a repeat of ugly nationalism and civil war among that nations that were part of  the former Yugoslavia in the 1990's which was part of the A-H empire. I doubt that there will be a serious discussion of reunification.

LouisFerdinand

I thought that Archduke Karl, the eldest son of Archduke Otto, would be the Emperor of Austria and the King of Hungary.

TLLK

He would be the Emperor, but @LouisFerdinand please be realistic. These nations have fought long and hard for their freedom and independence over the last 100 years, they will not want a "foreign" emperor reigning over them even if it is a constitutional monarchy.

Double post auto-merged: November 27, 2018, 10:29:27 PM

Also AD Karl does not command the same respect that his late father CP Otto aka Dr. Otto Von Hapsburg had over the years.

amabel

LouisFerdinand

TLLK

:wed: Congratulations to HIRH Archduchess Eleonore and Jerome D Ambrosio on their wedding.

Vogue

QuoteAs reported by People, Austrian Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg, 26, and her fianc?, Belgian racecar driver, J?r?me D'Ambrosio, 34, married in Monaco on Monday, July 20, exchanging their vows in a civil ceremony in Monaco with only a small group of loved ones in attendance. According to the publication, much like Princess Beatrice and Mapelli Mozzi, von Habsburg and D?Ambrosio had plans for a church wedding which were pushed aside due to coronavirus restrictions, however they are reportedly planning a larger celebration with family and friends once social limitations begin to lift. For the occasion, the bride?who also holds the title of Royal Princess of Hungary, Bohemia and Croatia?wore a simple, white off-the-shoulder Carolina Herrera dress that fell just below her knees paired with a netted fascinator, drop earrings and white heeled sandals. The groom, D?Ambrosio, donned a three-piece navy suit and light blue tie for the special day.

Per People, the bride and groom?s parents were in attendance, as were their sisters, Gloria and Olivia respectively, who acted as witnesses to the union, and the mayor of Monaco, Georges Marsan ,who posed with the couple for a photo following the ceremony.

According to Hello!, the civil ceremony was followed by a socially-distanced lunch attended by a larger group of guests, who were invited to toast the couple?s union. As reported by the publication, von Habsburg and D?Ambrosio met three years ago on a flight from London to Nice, announcing their engagement in March 2019. D?Ambrosio was married once before to actress and producer Natalie Sifferman from 2013 to 2015.

LouisFerdinand

Does Karl von Habsburg refer to himself more as Karl von Habsburg than as Archduke Karl of Austria?

TLLK

LouisFerdinand

It is most unfortunate that the von cannot and will not be recognized.

TLLK

Curryong

Unusual for a member of the devoutly religious Habsburg dynasty to put the cart before the horse, so to speak, and have a child before becoming engaged then married!

QueenAlex

I wonder why they've waited so long.. they've apparently been engaged since the birht of their child or before.

LouisFerdinand

It would be splendid to see a cathedral wedding for Henri and Gabriella.

TLLK

Prince Henri and Archduchess Gabriella married today in Austria. Their daughter Victoria is the little girl in the photo to the groom's left. Gabriella appears to be wearing the same veil worn by her sister and sisters-in-law.

Eurohistory: The Marriage of Prince Henri of Bourbon-Parma and Archduchess Gabriella of Austria

LouisFerdinand

@TLLK, The picture proves my wishful thinking of a cathedral wedding did not occur!

Amabel2

I can't see why they would have a cathedral wedding in today's climate.  Small weddings are going to be necessary for the next year or 2 .  Glad they have managed to get to the altar at last ... I guess they've been waiting for a while...

TLLK

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on September 13, 2020, 01:13:04 AM
@TLLK, The picture proves my wishful thinking of a cathedral wedding did not occur!
Unfortunately under Austria's COVID-19 regulations that would not be permitted if the couple wanted more than immediate family. An outdoor Mass allowed for more guests to be present.

LouisFerdinand

I had learned years ago that a couple could not be married in the Roman Catholic faith unless the wedding was in a Catholic church, Catholic cathedral, or Catholic chapel. An outdoor Catholic wedding Mass would not have been allowed.

TLLK

Yes that is typically the case that you cannot be married outside of a Roman Catholic church, however during this extraordinary period of time the couple have been allowed a nuptial Mass.

Once forbidden, outdoor Catholic weddings could be pandemic trend | National Catholic Reporter

QuoteWhile Canon law is rather broad about where a Catholic wedding should take place, dioceses apply their own interpretations.