Royals engagement rings

Started by sara8150, May 09, 2014, 03:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

We would like see royals ladies wore engagement rings like past and present for example mothers,grandmothers,sisters,aunts,great-grandmother and mores in royals family..

Kate,duchess of Cambridge is top sapphire rings in the world since princess Diana wore in 1981 till 1996 when Charles propose Diana they passed to William give to Kate when William propose her in Kenya use that it's family rings Prince William told engagement interview..

I would like see British and European royals ladies have engagement rings also in thread..

Double post auto-merged: May 09, 2014, 03:34:36 PM

Kate's engagement ring tops most famous list
Kate's engagement ring tops most famous list - hellomagazine.com

LouisFerdinand

The engagement ring that Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha presented to Queen Victoria of Great Britain was a snake with an emerald-head set.   

TLLK

^^^The serpent as an engagement ring seems to have lost  its fans over the past 100 years!

amabel

I think serpent shape is better as a bracelet. I think Q Vic did have serpent bracelets as well?

Jennifer

I personally prefer Queen Elizabeth I's golden rings with the rubies. They're lovely. I don't like the serpent ring because it looks a little scary. It's probably because I don't like snakes.
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Curryong

^ What a fabulous page on Pininterest. Snake rings and bracelets were very popular throughout the 19th century and into the 1920's when bracelets of that sort were worn on the upper arms. Snakes, or rather serpents, are symbols of wisdom as well as love so I suppose that's why they were popular in jewellery with ancient peoples like the Egyptians as well. Of course, until after the Second World War, stones were often cut, polished and set in a different way and I think the stones often don't shine quite so brightly as they do now.