Official Portraits, casual photos and videos of QEII/DoE and family

Started by Windsor, February 04, 2012, 02:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

This 1957 portrait by Canadian artist L. Newton of the 31-year-old Queen Elizabeth II is found in Canadas Parliament Building

Pic: Twitter

wannable

I'm reporting here a new book rather than opening a new thread, move it if need be.

The Queen alone: New book reveals how she is reshaping her life ? and the future of the Royal Family. And of course, unlike some, there's not a scintilla of self-pity, writes MATTHEW DENNISON

? Matthew Dennison, 2021

Abridged extract from The Queen, by Matthew Dennison, published by Head of Zeus as an Apollo book on June 3 at ?25. To pre-order a copy for ?22.25, including free UK delivery, go to mailshop.co.uk/books or call 020 3308 9193 before May 30.

Macrobug67

wannable

The extract has bits and parts of ''some'' members, hence I didn't quote here.  I will be quoting in the boards/threads of each individual.

Curryong

I might buy it if it isn?t another epistle against the Sussexes which it might well be.

If it is, wonder whether Dennison will also be going through the Queen?s difficult relationship with her eldest son, the jokes by Prince Philip that he and Elizabeth were planning to live as long as they could in order to balk Charles of his chance at the Throne, of her calling Charles ?hopeless? and throwing up her hands when Diana appealed to her to do something about the Wales marriage, of Charles moaning to everyone in sight for years about how neglected and persecuted he felt by his parents. Of his finally letting it all out with Dimbleby.

Then there is the relationship with Andrew of course. Driving to church with him after that interview, both of them grinning like loons. Of giving Andrew an award at the same time the Epstein scandal broke, and other treasured memories like that. Not to mention refusing to speak to Margaret at Balmoral about her future, preferring to take the dogs for a walk instead.

The Queen may not have any self-pity (not difficult when you are top of the heap) but it?s hard to escape the impression that she was a less than maternal mother, or that when family crises loom there?s always something else that needs attention, like some dog grooming!

wannable

Apparently there will be a lot of chapters dedicated to her children.

So far extracts about Andrew (shenanigans).

Also about William, Kate and their wedding, Anglesey.

EDIT TO ADD (I'm really lazy today  :hehe: )

Matthew Dennison (MD) wrote an article with ''extracts'' to promote his book.  So it starts with:

1. The Queen had hired Geidt to SHRINK the monarchy.   Curryong the internal discussions (fights if you will) between Charles/Andrew vs The Queen seems to be true according to Matthew Dennison. It will be interesting to read the rest of this bad decision from Her Majesty's 2 children (or more people involved), it seems to me for now like if Charles wants to head the ''start'' of the shrinking of the monarchy.

2. 3. 4 and so on of extracts is a 'sequence' of events after Geidt went kaput.

Curryong

?My marriage and my sex life have nothing to do with each other!? (Angry remark in a supposed exchange between the Queen and Charles, probably about Camilla PB, and recorded in Hugo Vickers diary before Charles?s engagement to Diana.) Ha ha ha.

It does sound amusing and to read about Households? infighting and the ousting of old and loyal courtiers is always interesting. I think I will be buying it.

wannable

Canadian Crown
@Canadian_Crown
Oct 17
Yesterday, the Government of Canada released a new official portrait of Her Majesty The Queen of  Canada for use in public buildings. Taken at Windsor Castle, Her Majesty is wearing her Order of Canada & the Order of Military Merit insignia. Download Royal Portraits - Canada.ca #cdnpoli

TLLK

Stunning photos show Queen Elizabeth II in EVERY year of her reign | Daily Mail Online

QuoteAs one of the most-photographed women in the world, Queen Elizabeth II's 69-year reign has been documented through a camera lens from the very start. Following the death of her father, King George VI, on February 6, 1952, Elizabeth II's coronation took place at Westminster Abbey on June 2, 1953, when she was just 25 years old. Over the next seven decades, with husband, Prince Philip, at her side, the Queen served through the 20th century, the start of a new Millennium and into the 21st century, witnessing new technological advances and a succession of British governments of different political persuasions. Click through to see the stunning collection of photographs documenting the Queen's historic reign so far...

TLLK

Here's a vast collection of family photos mostly used for Christmas cards and other correspondence. They feature QEII/DoE, children and grandchildren. There's even a rare photo of Lady Louise as a child when her parents largely kept her out of public view.

Rare photos of the Queen and Prince Philip with their kids and grandchildren | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

Rolling Stone guitarist Ronnie Wood  created a charcoal portrait of the late Duke of Edinburgh prior to the latter's death in April 2021.

Prince William Praises Ronnie Wood's Portrait of Prince Philip | PEOPLE.com

Quotee Petit February 02, 2022 01:46 PM
FB
Tweet
Ronnie Wood; Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
Ronnie Wood; Prince Philip portrait
| Credit: Dave J Hogan/Getty Images; Ronnie Wood Instagram

Ronnie Wood of The Rolling Stones' creative talent isn't limited to music ? and even Prince William is impressed with his art!

Following the death of Prince Philip last April, Wood shared a painting he did of the Duke of Edinburgh on Instagram. The work even caught the attention of Prince William, so much that he plans to share the piece with his grandmother Queen Elizabeth.

"I did a wonderful painting of the Duke of Edinburgh shortly before he died where he is tipping his hat. I've been asked by Prince William to present the picture to him in the coming weeks, and he's going to show the Queen, so it's a real honor for me," Wood said, according to the Daily Mail.

He added, "I am very pleased with it. It's charcoal, a brown sepia pastel of the Duke, and I finished it shortly before he died and I was going to show it to him."