Which county would you be Duchess or Duke for?

Started by princesslily, October 18, 2006, 01:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harryhannoi

I'd take the Duchess of Derby - sounds nice. :teehee:

Cassidy

Catherinite #0007                                :kisskiss: Flirt-ite #0002
[

Gems

heather

Sadly, the title "Duchess" has now become tarnished...I mean they let any old scrag become a Duchess these days 8)

Toujours

ElizabethII-ite: #0003Maryite #0002Willite #0054Harryite #0071Cheesite #0004Flirtite #15 :kisskiss:
My name is Toujours. I sleep in a padded cell. Wisely enough they give me an ample supply of choc

princesslily

Quote from: heather on October 22, 2006, 07:25:58 PM
  Sadly, the title "Duchess" has now become tarnished...I mean they let any old scrag become a Duchess these days 8)

Are you referring to cam cam?

Wombat

Quote from: heather on October 22, 2006, 07:25:58 PM
Cool..with no regard for standards...I should be able to get a duchesshood..or whatever you call it :shifty:

Smartie**

Quotewhy manchester?

I like the name  :shrug:
I think the current Duke lives in California. Smartie..Duchess of Manchester..nice ring don't ya think?

Quote'Cause Man Utd rules!

and Christiano Ronaldo is HOTT!  :fool:
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. 
~Ambrose Redmoon

Gems

Windsor

Alexander Montagu is the 13th and current Duke of Manchester, he lives in California, United States.  :)

Gems

:teehee: Well that'd be why I've never heard of him then.  :thumbsdown:

This is Off Topic, but what are all the titles Charles and Philip have?  :hmm:

Windsor

Prince Philip:

His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, Earl of Merioneth, Baron Greenwich, of Greenwich in the County of London, Royal Knight of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, Extra Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle, Grand Master and First and Principal Knight of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire, Member of the Order of Merit, Companion in the Order of Australia, Companion in the Queen's Service Order, Lord of Her Majesty's Most Honourable Privy Council, Member of Her Majesty's Privy Council for Canada.

Prince Charles:

His Royal Highness The Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall and Earl of Chester, Duke of Rothesay, Earl of Carrick, Baron of Renfrew, Lord of the Isles, Prince and Great Steward of Scotland, Knight Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle, Great Master and First and Principal Knight Grand Cross of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath, Member of the Order of Merit, Knight of the Order of Australia, Companion of the Queen's Service Order, Honorary Member of the Saskatchewan Order of Merit, Chief Grand Commander of the Order of Logohu, Member of Her Majesty's Most Honourable Privy Council, Aide-de-Camp to Her Majesty.

Gems

:hug:

I still prefer Wesminster  :happy:

Quote from: Smartie** on October 25, 2006, 10:23:23 PM
and Christiano Ronaldo is HOTT!  :fool:

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:
:wait: :wait: :wait: :wait: :wait: :wait: :wait: :wait:

Smartie**

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. 
~Ambrose Redmoon

Gems

Don't say that to any of my friends  :windsor: :teehee:

guysguy

Gems

dizzylizzy13

The Duke of Manchester's heir, Viscount Mandeville is 13.
His mother, the former Wendy Dawn Buford, of the Anaheim, California Bufords, is American.
This by American standards, would entitle the Viscount to American citizenship should he wish to claim it, regardless of where he was born.
I don't know what the British requirements are.

Gems

The British requirements are to turn up do nothing  :thumbsup:

dizzylizzy13

Those sound like ours ... unfortunately our system over here is totally screwed up as people like my husband (a manager from Europe with a Ph.D. & a US (taxed) job had to wait 3 years longer to get a Green Card than several people who were applying for benefits.
"Give me your tired and poor and people willing to work the system ..."

Many people gain citizenship by having more than $ 1 million in assets yet turn around a year later and claim they can't afford to pay the full fees at the state universities. Kiddos get the degrees subsidized by the US taxpayer and go back home to earn wages.
The idiots at the Immigration and Naturalization Services are the same ones who issued Mohammed Atta a Visa posthumously ... so the level of incompetence is really stunning.

Meanwhile we have soldiers getting body parts blown off in Iraq and their families back home have to get by on food stamps ...

Sorry about the rant, it just very annoying.

Gems

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I think we should all look at Australia.

Anyhow, I'm still sticking with Westminster, maybe Cheltenahm too  :teehee:

Wombat

Quote from: *~Gem*Gems~* on October 26, 2006, 11:38:24 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I think we should all look at Australia.
Yeah....because we just load them onto planes and send them back to where they come from :thumbsup:

Australia is actively seeking skilled migrants..So dizzy..why don't you move here? :teehee:

dizzylizzy13

Aw, boy, if only we could ... it seems like an amazing place to live. The people we have known who've been sent there to work  for a few years have all said it was very hard to leave. Maybe we will someday, but for right now we have to stay in the States and look after some of my (elderly)family members. But still, it's a kind of a dream to think about ...

Gems

Quote from: wombat on October 27, 2006, 01:14:10 AM
Yeah....because we just load them onto planes and send them back to where they come from :thumbsup:

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

dizzylizzy13

That's exactly right! Completely agree with the one-way ticket back home immigration policy that is sadly, underused by most countries today.

If the immigrants don't like it in the new country then they need to go back to where they came from, I agree.

I think if someone goes to a country (for a new life or even a few years to work)  they should learn the history, language & customs, and also contribute their taxes and be willing to fight for it (if they become citizens) should the need arise.

And assimilate, da**it!