Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 ... 10
Diana Princess of Wales / Re: Princess Diana curtseyed
« Last post by royalanthropologist on Today at 10:59:16 PM »
Oh the irony. :no: Prince Charles was the one person guaranteed to divorce Diana, if only she knew the half of it. It is actually amazing that they lasted that long. Given the fundamentals of that marriage, I would have given them three years max. Had they been an ordinary couple, they would have divorced within two years.
« Last post by Trudie on Today at 09:02:39 PM »
She would have as a default or fallback position, but given her comments to the photo equipment manager for the Spencers, and her saying when she grew up shed like to be a dancer or Princess of Wales, and things like what Stephen Barry said about her being so determined, I think had Charles passed on her Andrew and/or Edward would have had their hands full LOL.

One gets the sense that she had a very small list of suitable men in her mind, but I do agree with you @TLLK  that following Sarah & Jane and marrying someone like Adam Russel who was "good enough" and fancied her would have been the "best" for her, although I wonder if at middle age, if shed have felt a nagging doubt about not marrying a royal, had she gone that route, and ultimately doomed the marriage. I hope not.

As awful as it was, what she went through, one cannot deny, was like a crucible, it tempered her into a powerful force for change and good, that would have been lacking had she followed other womens paths. Like her thoughts  earlier on, she knew something profound was coming her way..... :flower:

You left out one little bit of important information Diana saying she wanted to be a ballet dancer or Princess of Wales. Diana had told her nanny that she never wanted to be divorced and Charles was the one person as Prince of Wales everyone knew this could never be allowed to divorce.
Prince Harry / Re: Harry and fiance-wedding venues
« Last post by TLLK on Today at 08:46:14 PM »
^^^I believe that TPTB The Powers That Be will make the decision for the venue based upon: 1. Security needs and the cost for added security. 2. Is it going to be a bank holiday. 3. Size of guest list 4. Tradition 5. The couple's wishes.
yeah they have had some awful weather in Ireland, not just in August but in the past week too.
« Last post by amabel on Today at 06:08:08 PM »
Why?  He's still the future Kings second son, and entitled to a reasonable amount iof "grandeur" at his wedding.
« Last post by dianab on Today at 04:53:34 PM »
Probably St. George's Chapel Windsor - for Harry and Meghan.
I sometimes wonder at the Spanish government. They think this is going to quieten down the separatists?
« Last post by royalanthropologist on Today at 01:29:47 PM »
I don't think Diana really regretted marrying Charles. He was the eligible bachelor to beat them all. He opened up a world that she would never have experienced had she remained Lady Diana Spencer or married some relatively obscure posh bloke.

If she had a do-over, I actually think Diana would have remained the Princess of Wales. She would now see that the things she saw as life changing calamities could be handled better and dealt with more discreetly. She would also know the secret to Charles and the BRF.
Spain's PM moves to impose direct rule over Catalonia | Daily Mail Online

So great to see so many Catalonians out to demand their freedom :thumbsup:, hopefully it can be done without civil war breaking out.
Pages: [1] 2 ... 10

Royal Insight Forum is not responsible for the content of external sites