Queen's Dress Eclipsed by Multicoloured Gown of Wife of the President of Ghana

Started by cinrit, October 24, 2014, 12:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteThursday was a busy day for the monarch as she and Prince Philip first bid farewell to Singapore's President at the end of his state visit before welcoming the President of Ghana John Dramani Mahama.

The Queen, showing no sign of fatigue at her back-to-back schedule, greeted Mr Dramani and his wife Lordina Mahama in her study at Buckingham Place having just waved off President Tony Tan Keng Yam and his wife Mary with Prince Philip.

While the 88-year-old wore an elegant cream boucle dress to greet the Ghanaian president, accessorised with a gold brooch and string of pearls, Lordina wore an eye catching floor length multi-coloured gown.

More: The Queen's demure dress eclipsed by multicoloured gown of wife of the President of Ghana | Daily Mail Online

Cindy

Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

snokitty

The DM can be so silly most of the time.
Some cultures love bright colors and some don't.
I don't see anyone being eclipsed.
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

Limabeany

I found this so insensitive and ignorant way of expressing themselves...

It's a royal frock-off! The Queen's demure dress is eclipsed by the bold multicoloured gown of wife of the President of Ghana as the three meet in Buckingham Palace

The prints and colors are a cultural expression...
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

snokitty

"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty