The Charities of the Duchess of Cambridge - Part 2

Started by SophieChloe, October 17, 2014, 05:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canuck

Here's an article about how Kate got Party Pieces involved with the Starlight children's foundation, saying she was the main liaison for the work they did with that charity and was in charge the project (quoting the charity's director of corporate fundraising, who incidentally was a guest at Will and Kate's wedding):  Kate Middleton Joins Forces With Starlight Charity | Royalty in the NewsRoyalty in the News

There are numerous press reports about Kate's work on the Party Pieces catalogue and website and that she spearheaded the launch of the company's junior brand.  Here's an example:  Kate Middleton and the family business: Party Pieces - Apr. 14, 2011

I'm not sure what other "evidence" could be produced.  She was working at a retail firm, there isn't really a public record of what any such employees do at any firm.

As for Jigsaw, I would be interested in any articles that say Kate only served tea and coffee.  The company called her an accessories buyer, so absent evidence to the contrary, that's what I think she was.

cinrit

I've read rumors about Kate serving tea and coffee, but I've only read them here.  I've never seen an article or a tweet from an employee saying so.   

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

amabel

Quote from: Canuck on October 23, 2014, 03:58:36 PM
Here'sKate Middleton Joins Forces With Starlight Charity | Royalty in the NewsRoyalty in the News

There are numerous press reports about Kate's work on the Party Pieces catalogue and website and that she spearheaded the launch of the company's junior brand.  Here's an example:  Kate Middleton and the family business: Party Pieces - Apr. 14, 2011

I'm not sure what other "evidence" could be produced.  She was working at a retail firm, there isn't really a public record of what any such employees do at any firm.

As
well I'd be dubious that she was a hard worker or had a very grand role. She does not strike me as a girl for whom working is that important, I think that her primary goal in life was to get married and preferably to William. Of course her family's business and the other one that she worked at are not going to say that she only came in for 10 hours a week and did very little...They are going to talk her up. Esp as she Had a nickname of Waity Katie.
However that's in the past..and what she did as a private person is of less relevance to her future role as a royal.  And I think that she's shown though that just as she wasn't a very enthuiasitisc worker in her single days, now she's doing a very modest amount for the Firm... and probably will always be a less than stellar performer...

Canuck

To be clear, I agree that she wasn't killing herself at Party Pieces or anything -- I think that she did work there, in a meaningful way, but that it was at least somewhat part-time/flexible. 

wannable

I think she did and joined them in the office kitchen,  broke ice with coworkers, they seemed to like her very much, so much so a goodbye party. She designed a pendant necklace for Junior Jigsaw, she was spotted multiple times in showcasings only for retailers via company rep, taking notes, this was to be reported back to her boss, articles available in the net.

Double post auto-merged: October 23, 2014, 04:46:54 PM

I think she had strong responsibilities in party pieces, if not the company wouldn't have published the vacant position meant to replace her. Article available, I think ibroadsheet the telegraph.

amabel

Quote from: Canuck on October 23, 2014, 04:30:40 PM
To be clear, I agree that she wasn't killing herself at Party Pieces or anything -- I think that she did work there, in a meaningful way, but that it was at least somewhat part-time/flexible. 
Ah well call me a cynic!  I just think she probably did a bit of work, and if she was keen ot get off earlary and see William, someone else picked up what she was doing.