The Wales' Children's birthdays-All Years

Started by PrincessOfPeace, June 30, 2014, 10:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SophieChloe

Good grief...she only went down the road, what's the nanny for?  Hands-on Mother my toe!
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Lady Adams

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

cinrit

QuoteA Guest List Fit for a Prince! The Queen Joins Harry, Zara and Kate at Kensington Palace (and Granny Middleton Is There, Too)

The cake was iced, the sandwiches made and the balloons blown up and hanging from the ceiling. All that was needed was the guests and with Prince George the birthday boy, they were never going to be ordinary.

The most important guest was his great-grandmother, the Queen, who could be seen perched in the back seat of her car as she was driven through the gates of Kensington Palace in London, and spent 50 minutes with her great-grandson.

Looking summery in a floral patterned dress and her trademark pearls with bright red lipsick, the Queen looked delighted to be attending - and even got her car to slow down as it drove past the cheering crowds that lined the route to the palace.

Earlier in the day Kate, accompanied by her nanny, Maria Borallo, and a police protection officer, drove George to Buckingham Palace so the little prince could see his great-grandfather, Prince Philip, who was unable to attend the party due to work commitments.

Arriving at around 11am, they spent an hour at the Queen's official residence and as they were inside the band of the Irish Guards played a tuneful rendition of Happy Birthday in honour of George's big day.

More: The Queen joins Prince Harry and Kate Middleton at Kensington Palace | Mail Online

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteGeorge's parents, William and Kate, were joined by his uncle, Prince Harry, his godparents, and other key people in his life, including his Spanish nanny Maria Teresa Turrion Borrallo and her predecessor, Jessie Webb.

Kate's parents, Michael and Carole Middleton arrived in separate Range Rovers, while her siblings James and Pippa turned up in an F-type Jaguar sports car.

Among the other guests were William's cousin Zara Phillips, one of George's godmothers, and her husband Mike Tindall; Kate's old schoolfriend Emilia Jardine-Paterson, who is another godmother; and Oliver Baker, one of his godfathers.

William and Kate's former principal private secretary Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, another of George's godfathers, walked in casually, carrying a present and waving to journalists outside the palace gates.
More: Prince George birthday: Queen is guest of honour | Royal | News | Daily Express

TLLK

The city of St. George B.C is acknowledging this first birthday with an official proclamation from the mayor.

TLLK

Quote from: cinrit on July 22, 2014, 07:15:05 PM
QuoteA Guest List Fit for a Prince! The Queen Joins Harry, Zara and Kate at Kensington Palace (and Granny Middleton Is There, Too)

The cake was iced, the sandwiches made and the balloons blown up and hanging from the ceiling. All that was needed was the guests and with Prince George the birthday boy, they were never going to be ordinary.

The most important guest was his great-grandmother, the Queen, who could be seen perched in the back seat of her car as she was driven through the gates of Kensington Palace in London, and spent 50 minutes with her great-grandson.

Looking summery in a floral patterned dress and her trademark pearls with bright red lipsick, the Queen looked delighted to be attending - and even got her car to slow down as it drove past the cheering crowds that lined the route to the palace.

Earlier in the day Kate, accompanied by her nanny, Maria Borallo, and a police protection officer, drove George to Buckingham Palace so the little prince could see his great-grandfather, Prince Philip, who was unable to attend the party due to work commitments.

Arriving at around 11am, they spent an hour at the Queen's official residence and as they were inside the band of the Irish Guards played a tuneful rendition of Happy Birthday in honour of George's big day.

More: The Queen joins Prince Harry and Kate Middleton at Kensington Palace | Mail Online

Cindy
Apparently this was to accommodate the DoE who would not be present at the party due to a scheduled engagement. Apparently former nanny Jessie Webb was also a guest today.

SophieChloe

Quote from: Lady Adams on July 22, 2014, 07:02:52 PM
^but what if George cried?
:nod:  I think he would cry if Maria was NOT there. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

PrincessOfPeace

Does anyone know how to post a video from Sky News?

QuotePrince George celebrated his first birthday on Tuesday with a tea party for the freshest face of the British monarchy.

The firstborn son of Britain's Prince William and wife Catherine, formerly Kate Middleton, was feted with a gathering at his parents' Kensington Palace home, according to several reports.
More: Prince George celebrates 1st birthday at home, queen makes cameo - LA Times

HereditaryPrincess

QuoteWhat do you get a king in the making for his birthday? Thankfully the Obamas weren't short of a few good ideas.
The President and his family sent the newborn Prince George a stunning hand-made rocking horse as well a blanket made from the finest alpaca wool to celebrate his birth last year.
Sporting a saddle embossed with the presidential seal, the wooden rocking horse came with a polo mallet with a head made from the branch of an oak tree that once stood on the south lawn of the White House.

Prince George was sent hand-made rocking horse and polo mallet from Obamas | Mail Online

TLLK

I wish that the article included the name of the designer/creator of the rocking horse. It's a beautiful piece of craftsmanship.

FanDianaFancy

I PAID for that rocking horse and  polo mallet and I  WISH  I HAD NOT PAID FOR THAT.  Now I can talk  about  who is paying for what.  If you want to pay  for YOUR BRF , please do so. Don't forget to leave the cards and flowers and toys  at the gates of BP, CH, KP, etc.

YES, of course, that child WILL not have those things. They  go , after insepction, cleaning,  etc. to orphans, etc.

This child, CHILD  of more  money  and privilege  who will never know  of  hard   day , does  not  need that  from the USA.
It is silly. YES, an acknowledgment from the USA  to QEII  on her  6o years, ok.

Of course, what  can you expect  from the SILLY  USA!!!  :-(

Canuck

The leaders of countries routinely give gifts to one another as a gesture of friendship.  That's just good diplomacy.  I'm sure the most that rocking horse cost was a few thousand dollars; given that the U.S. spends something close to $56 billion on foreign aid and diplomacy each year, that isn't even a drop in the bucket.

Lady Adams

George didn't go to see the Queen or Prince Phillip on his birthday... he went swimming!  :bday3: Must have been a fun birthday event!

From Twitter:
Quote‏@QueenVicMirror   
Want to know why Prince George really went to Buckingham Palace on his birthday? He went swimming!

@RE_DailyMail
Kate was accompanied by her nanny, Maria, and a PPO when she took George for his latest dip on Tuesday. #royalsplashabout

Why was the nanny there? Kate can't handle an outing by herself?  :hmm:
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

TLLK

BP sources say that George wanted to watch his mummy do a little water ballet. Maria is there to keep him from joining in.  :happy15:

Sandor

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on July 25, 2014, 08:46:22 PM
I PAID for that rocking horse and  polo mallet and I  WISH  I HAD NOT PAID FOR THAT.  Now I can talk  about  who is paying for what.  If you want to pay  for YOUR BRF , please do so. Don't forget to leave the cards and flowers and toys  at the gates of BP, CH, KP, etc.

Don't be so negative; I think it was a lovely gesture.  Look at it this way...you probably wish you didn't have to pay for 75% of the government's expenditures!

I paid for it too, and it's nothing compared to the three billion Obama wants to deal with the illegal immigration crisis that he created in the first place.  Put things in perspective.

FanDianaFancy

Can, What you said, I addressed in my post. For the QEII  6oth anniversary, ok. This is a CHILD. A BABY  who  will need nor want for NOTHING in life!!  I  get the  diplomacy  thing, but this is NOT DIPLOMACY.

I a sick of US paying for anything and everyone else.
I get  it, really, the  Golden's Child 's gift  only cost the US taxpayers  about  $25,000  -$50,000  dollars  as in the  shipping, having someone  politically  connected to some company  over cahrge  for  it and  etc.  You know like military  toilet seats  that  cost  $15,00  ,  LOL, that scandal thing.  I  cannot remember the  exact  figures of those over inflated  prices  through political  companies.

[mod]This thread has started to veer off-topic. We are happy to accommodate discussions branching out from the central theme and you can continue to discuss politics in the Off Topic Chat here: Current Affairs, Travel & Culture . Further off-topic posts which continue this digression may be removed. Please keep our community standards in mind when posting (Rules and Etiquette ). Thank you. :hug: :flower: [/mod]

Sandor

:therethere:

I hear you, but cheer up-  the worst president we've ever had is almost done!!  It's not that long to 2016 and hopefully, the country will survive.

Limabeany

I agree, Sandor. Whatever your feelings may be cheer up with the fact that 2016 is almost here. Hang in there, if Gloria could do it...

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Curryong

Is Obama really the worst President ever, though? I'm an Aussie outsider so I ask out of genuine curiosity. I can think of worse!

Double post auto-merged: July 27, 2014, 02:47:33 AM

By the way, just putting in my two-cents-worth. The Queen sent a gift when JFK was in the White House and John jnr was born.

cinrit

"The worst president ever" is usually the president who is currently in office.  (Don't take that seriously; it's just a saying. ;) )

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Sandor

Quote from: Curryong on July 27, 2014, 02:02:57 AM
Is Obama really the worst President ever, though? I'm an Aussie outsider so I ask out of genuine curiosity. I can think of worse!

You can?   I can't!!

TLLK

Quote from: TLLK on July 25, 2014, 11:25:23 PM
BP sources say that George wanted to watch his mummy do a little water ballet. Maria is there to keep him from joining in.  :happy15:

In all seriousness, the instructor may have requested that the people most likely to be in the pool with George be involved so they could be taught how to safely work with a toddler who is learning to swim. Or Maria is the instructor and she's working with mother and child.

wannable

The nanny is full time employed, part of the KP staff. She is member of the team, officially mentioned in William and Kate link website of the pow, as George's nanny.

Lady Adams

I just thought with Kate not working full-time, she'd be able to handle George on her own as a hands-on mother. That's why I was surprised the nanny went with.

Canuck

I think TLLK's guess is a good one -- baby swimming lessons are for the caregivers as much as the children, so it makes sense that the nanny also take part.