Camilla's wedding dress to go on display at the V&A

Started by HereditaryPrincess, April 15, 2014, 02:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lothwen

[mod] This thread is about Camilla's wedding dress being put on display. It is not about Sophie's dress. If you want to talk about royal fashion in general, we have a thread for that [/mod]
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

TLLK

Does Earl Spencer have the wedding dress in his possession?

Eri

I mostly liked the hair why can't she have it always like that?  :lol:

corydora

As a Diana-phile I do not like Camillia. However, I think the outfit she chose for her wedding was in wonderful taste. It was elegant and pretty, the color was muted but not white, no bridal lacey adornments. It was age appropriate. Second marriage appropriate. She looked good.

I think she was very afraid that people would show up and throw things at her, hold posters with ugly words, etc., but everyone behaved.

Recycle yourself - Be an Organ Donor

Felicia

I agree-it was a beautiful dress and very appropraite.I look forward to seeing it at the exhibition

sandy

Quote from: corydora on April 23, 2014, 02:15:51 AM
As a Diana-phile I do not like Camillia. However, I think the outfit she chose for her wedding was in wonderful taste. It was elegant and pretty, the color was muted but not white, no bridal lacey adornments. It was age appropriate. Second marriage appropriate. She looked good.

I think she was very afraid that people would show up and throw things at her, hold posters with ugly words, etc., but everyone behaved.

There was crowd control going on. People can dislike Camilla without showing up with torches and pitchforks. LOL.

cinrit

If I remember correctly, Camilla wasn't feeling well the day of her wedding.  She had been in bed with a virus or a cold for a few days, and wasn't completely recovered.  So she may have just been not feeling well and trying to smile through it all.  I thought she did a pretty good job of it. :)

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

sandy

I think getting her dreams realized would offset any illness. She had been aiming for this for years and years and I'm not buying into the spin that she did not or does not "want anything." OF course she does.

TLLK

Quote from: cinrit on April 23, 2014, 02:44:18 PM
If I remember correctly, Camilla wasn't feeling well the day of her wedding.  She had been in bed with a virus or a cold for a few days, and wasn't completely recovered.  So she may have just been not feeling well and trying to smile through it all.  I thought she did a pretty good job of it. :)

Cindy
Hadn't realized that she'd been unwell. Looking at the photos I would have never known. I do recall that their wedding date was postponed due to the death of Pope John Paul II though and Charles as well as other guests would be attending his funeral.

Eri

Quote from: sandy on April 23, 2014, 03:05:28 PM
I think getting her dreams realized would offset any illness. She had been aiming for this for years and years and I'm not buying into the spin that she did not or does not "want anything." OF course she does.
Actually it was Di who ousted her ... she was more than happy with whatever set up they had going on I doubt she likes being a Royal and having all eyes on her and having to "perform" , dress up and so on ... she is a Country woman who has always loved her privacy ... she couldn't possibly know Di would die making it possible for her to marry Chuck so how did she "dream" of that wedding all those Years? Maybe by 2002 she knew that was possible but not prior to that ...

sandy

Diana ousted Camilla? How so? Diana had her HRH removed. Camilla got the HRH. Does not sound like ousting to me.

Even Diana confronting Camilla did not "oust her." Camilla was not going to budge.  She even took hostessing duties on at Highgrove while Diana was still married to Charles.

Camilla must be a great actress if she "dislikes" being a royal. She grins for the cameras and looks like the cat that got the cream.

If she didn't like it she would not have been POW's mistress nor said yes to  his marriage proposal.

And let's not kid ourselves. Charles had set up this huge PR campaign in Diana's lifetime. No way would Diana being alive have stopped them from getting married. The only obstacle was the Queen Mum and it was just a matter of Charles waiting a few years since the QM didn't want the marriage taking place in her lifetime. Charles did not have that huge campaign for Camilla in 1997 before Diana's death for nothing, the PR campaign was going into full swing. And to me the die was cast in 1994 when Charles named her.

Trudie

Quote from: Eri on April 23, 2014, 03:46:10 PM
Quote from: sandy on April 23, 2014, 03:05:28 PM
Actually it was Di who ousted her ... she was more than happy with whatever set up they had going on I doubt she likes being a Royal and having all eyes on her and having to "perform" , dress up and so on ... she is a Country woman who has always loved her privacy ... she couldn't possibly know Di would die making it possible for her to marry Chuck so how did she "dream" of that wedding all those Years? Maybe by 2002 she knew that was possible but not prior to that ...

Well if you believe it was Diana who ousted Camilla then you finally admit that it was Charles and Camilla who cheated First.  :wellduh: As for Camilla not liking being a royal and loving her privacy again are you serious? If Camilla didn't want all that she could have not married Charles and continued living together without the perks and title however it was She who said yes grinning like a Cheshire cat in her red dress waving her ring about. Oh and actually the way had been paved years before with Prince Michael who married a divorce who gained her husbands title but since she was a RC he lost his right to succession to the throne and Sarah Duchess who was not the blushing virginal bride on her wedding day having lived with a boyfriend prior to marrying Andrew who was then very close to the throne. Fact is her biggest obstacle was the Queen Mother which is why 2002 was when she dared to dream it wouldn't have mattered if Diana was alive or not.

Queen Camilla

Another Camilla thread hijacked by the Diana fanatics.

sandy

I notice that it's only when Diana is defended that you say the thread is hijacked. Where were you QC when the posts arrived where Diana was being slammed?

Trudie

The thread was hijacked QC it just happened to be a committed Camilla fan who brought Diana into the thread with IMO a rather ill informed post so what's the problem? I stated my opinion on Camilla's gown which was lovely and appropriate what more is there to be discussed in this thread it is all about the gown.