Prince George's Trip to Australia and New Zealand with The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

Started by PrincessOfPeace, April 07, 2014, 03:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

^^ There weren't so many outlets for releasing pictures in the 80's as they are today.  There was no Internet for the general public, so no forums or Facebook or Twitter or Instagram, not to mention not nearly as many print magazines and online news sites.  It's just a sign of the times....

QuotePrince William Delights Aussies with Talk of Prince George’s First Word

The Duke of Cambridge has delighted Australians by suggesting Prince George’s first word might be “bilby” - the name of a native marsupial he will meet later this week.

Prince George, who made his first official appearance in Australia when he was carried off an aircraft at Sydney airport this morning, will next be seen at the city’s Taronga Zoo on Sunday when he will be introduced to a bilby named after him.

In a speech to city dignitaries at Sydney Opera House, the Duke said: “George is now busy forging his own link with Australia.  I suspect George’s first word might be ‘bilby’ – only because ‘koala’ is harder to say. We really look forward to our time here together as a family.”

More: Royal tour: Prince William delights Aussies with talk of Prince George?s first word - Telegraph

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteThough we're just a few days into the royal family's tour of Australia and New Zealand, the star of the trip has already become clear: he's eight months old, he's single-handedly brought moniker-flaunting clothing back into vogue, and—like his mother—he is seemingly incapable of taking a bad photograph. Let's take a look at George's most adorable moments during the royal tour so far.
Photos: By George! The Most Adorable Pictures of Prince George on the Australia/New Zealand Royal Tour | Vanity Fair

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: robynrose on April 18, 2014, 05:13:36 AM
The thing that I do not understand is Will and Kate are on a 3 week tour , Diana and Charles were I think gone on this tour for 6 weeks and yet look at all the pics of George . We still have the Zoo event and him leaving . I do not recall seeing this many pics from Will's first visit as a baby . Just curious but for all the hiding of this baby and Will's feelings for press and the disappearance of this couple why this . Never mind the kid sells he sells his parents and the Monarch
True the times then were  totally different  in terms of media  /information age  which  is  of today.

PW  and K want,have said they  want their child  to be  and  live in a more  private way.  He is  a baby  now  so on this tour they  have  him front and center and really  joining the tour.  I wonder when they return back to their  home country, will they  have  more pictures of  PG  out.   Before they  tour, there were  really  only  about  five  pictures of him .
he  is who he is and  as a young child, he  needs  to  be out there.   It  is his life.
PW  and PH,per Diana , had  a  private childhood, but  she  had them learning the ropes  of  walkabouts, the balcony, early on.  Private times of  PW  entering  Kindergarten  was  not  in pix  in the school,but  of him enterting his first day.

cinrit

^^ I don't remember either of the Cambridges saying that they want George to live in a more private way.  I think we've all deduced that from the fact that we don't see him that often.  When William and Harry were George's age, we didn't see them much, either.  Diana did take them on walkabouts, but not until they were old enough to have some sense of what was going on.  While it's good that George is getting an opportunity to realize that he will be surrounded by people (strangers to him) all his life, at his age right now, he has no idea  why. 

Cindy

Lothwen

I wonder if they'll put George in nursery school when he gets a little older.  At the play group, Kate mentioned that there weren't many opportunities for him to interact with children his own age. 
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

cinrit

She actually said he has play dates, but not with as many children.  I hope they do send him to nursery school where he can interact with other children.  The other alternative, I suppose, would be home schooling.  Given his future, that probably wouldn't be the best for him.

Cindy

PrincessOfPeace

Both William and Catherine were educated at the best Independent schools in Britain. After nursery school Prince George will probably attend the pre-preparatory Wetherby School like his father and then it will be off to either Ludgrove School like William or St Andrews School Pangbourne, Kate's alma mater.

Jenee

^You are probably right. Boarding school will raise Kate and William's kids.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

FanDianaFancy

Cindy, that  was mentioned  in some post here repeated from media.  I do not  remember  if  W  said that or the media  made  it  up.

PG  is  not in his childhood. I said childhood. He  is in infancy now.  A baby.  About to be a toddler. Of course, as a baby  and toddler, he will do walkabouts ,  stand on the balcony and wave. etc.

PW and PH  as children in their childhoods  did these things   and  were  photographed  at the  first day  of  first school....on vacation with their parents  with  K and Q  of Spain.

Yes,Jenne and others, no doubt  boarding school when he  is  in his young childhood. that is how there world  works and he  will be with his peers  of his  world and making  friendships with  those  just as  PH and PW did.
Boarding school isodd to me and for a young child  of  2nd. 3rd grade. I do not what  is  the same for you guys.

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

I see boarding school in George's future, but they might start him later. I believe that William was about 8 when he first went to Ludgrove. William and Kate could delay that until he's a little older.

I don't believe that Louise has begun boarding school though it is offered at St. George's School Windsor where she currently attends.

Her older cousin Eugenie also attended the same school.

cinrit

QuoteThree Cheers for This Little Babe In Arms

The scrumptious royal baby wowing Australia this week couldn't possibly have looked more delicious when he landed in Sydney with William and Kate.

Cutely dressed in a white romper suit he bounced up and down in his dad's arms, waving his pudgy fists like little pistons.  He is impossibly gorgeous and the Queen must be glowing with pride in the knowledge that the "George effect" has done wonders for the monarchy in Oz.

More: Richard and Judy on Prince George, Prince Philip and the police | Richard and Judy | Columnists | Comment | Daily Express

Cindy

PrincessOfPeace

Quite the catch: Prince George has already received TWO marriage proposals

QuoteHE may only be eight months old but Prince George is turning into the world's most eligible bachelor with not one but TWO marriage proposals.

The third in line to the throne has had the little ladies throwing themselves at him during his first royal trip Down Under.

Today 10-month-old Grace Farrelly wore a pink babygrow with the words "Mary Me George" in Brisbane, Australia.

But she has a rival for her affections in the form of 11-month-old Ruby Cate Blitz, who popped the question via a white T-shirt last week in Wellington, New Zealand.
More: Kate Middleton and Prince William's son George receives two proposals on royal tour | Royal | News | Daily Express

cinrit

sara8150

Prince George Squeals With Delight, Meeting His Bilby Namesake With Parents Kate Middleton, Prince William: Pictures
Prince George Meets Bilby With Kate Middleton, Prince William: Picture - Us Weekly

Double post auto-merged: April 20, 2014, 12:04:23 PM

Delighted Prince George celebrates his first Easter Sunday at Taronga Zoo
Prince George enjoys his first Easter Sunday at Taronga Zoo with Prince William and Kate Middleton - hellomagazine.com

Double post auto-merged: April 20, 2014, 12:08:51 PM

William, Kate and George touch down in Canberra
Prince William, Kate Middleton and Prince George arrive in Canberra - hellomagazine.com

Double post auto-merged: April 20, 2014, 12:26:59 PM

It's a Royal flush in blue: Kate, George and William all wear matching shades of azure as they land in Australia's capital Canberra
It's a Royal flush in blue: Kate, George and William all wear matching shades of azure | Mail Online

Limabeany

No more Grumpy George! Baby prince shows his many faces and even cracks a smile during visit to Sydney zoo | Mail Online

These pictures show the future King's first royal grin.

Earlier today he was carried by his mother and father through the zoo and giggled as he met a bilby, Australia's version of the Easter Bunny, who has also been named George in honour of the young Royal.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge officially opened the Prince George Bilby Exhibit at the Sydney landmark, Taronga Zoo.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

HereditaryPrincess

George is adorable and he looks to be a handful. I can understand why he was described as 'a bit of a bruiser' during his visit to the playgroup. :D I loved how he was so curious around the bilby. :vday2:

PrincessOfPeace

Prince George is really adorable. He looks like he is just weeks away from walking and doesn't like to be held as much and wants to be on the ground doing his own thing. My nephew had ants in his pants when he was George's age.

TLLK

He's an active boy and seems very content IMO. His parents and the zoo staff are conducting a brief ceremony to name the enclosure and he could care less about the speech. William is doing his best to keep him distracted while the unveiling takes place. I believe he knows that George is raring to go.

PrincessOfPeace

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Pamela

I think some of George's unusual expressions are due to teething. Given that he is teething and is feeling the frustration of wanting to walk but not quite being able to do so could contribute to a certain amount of fussiness. But honestly, he's shown little of that.

From photos and videos, he appears to be curious (always looking around, twisting to see in every direction), confident (crawling and exploring), and secure (no withdrawing or crying at new faces/people).   

PrincessOfPeace

This is what a healthy 9 month old baby boy does. An expressionless and passive baby isn't a healthy baby.