Duchess of Cambridge : East Anglia’s Children's Hospices Capital Appeal Launch

Started by cinrit, November 14, 2014, 01:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteThe Duchess of Cambridge Attends the East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) Norfolk Capital Appeal Launch

The Duchess of Cambridge attended the launch of a fundraising campaign to help East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) build a new £10 million hospice in Norfolk when she met families who have benefited from the charity's work.

Hundreds of guests at the appeal launch attended from across Norfolk and beyond including individuals, businesses, charitable trusts, voluntary and community groups who had the opportunity to learn about the appeal and see how they can help.

Among them was Leigh Smith, a 33-year-old physiotherapist from Norwich whose daughter Beatrice died from a rare heart condition after just 89 days, who said that The Duchess of Cambridge wrote personally to console her following the death of her baby daughter after she wrote a letter to Her Royal Highness outlining her story.

Mrs Smith said: "I was so surprised to receive a letter with such personal comments and signed by her. I was touched that she had taken so much time to carefully read my letter and then to reply herself - it shows how much she cares."

More: The Duchess of Cambridge attends the East Anglia?s Children's Hospices (EACH) Norfolk Capital Appeal launch

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

wannable

There you go, you agree with my point then that this is not sudden or new, I stated factually that there has been links and discussions of caring Kate, and the diverse opinions.

wannable

I didn't miss your point, hence my statement of some believe, others don't, diverse opinions. There have been photos of her with watery eyes  :shrug:

Double post auto-merged: November 26, 2014, 01:48:55 PM

The smiley face changed, oh dear.

wannable

I don't see the difference yet, as I have said her duties will increase when her budget (Dutchy) increases, or sent by HM (via sovereign grant) to carry out Royal duities more than the almost same approx she has yearly since marrying into the BRF.

The new CS is replacement of a vacated position held previously by Ed Perkins. As far as I know he wasn't fired, resigned because he found another job and furthering his education.  If Perkins was fired, I'd be inclined with the suggestion of a 180 degree turn in strategy, etc. 

IMO the best CS W,K and H have had so far is JLP.

wannable

I misunderstood your posts, I thought you said in the first post there's a strategy, and now the second one  not. 

She's been doing the duty events with more practice, confidence. But I'm sticking to my guns in reference to yearly budget to work, annual doc reports have similar expenditure with inflation added.

tiaras

It is very simple ,not much of a strategy but a subtle shift in the way they refer to her ,just small changes with news of her involvement in small ways that isn't overkill but can be easily spotted by the public .This is what should have been done from the time she married in ( 2011) ,her involvement is where the focus is going to be now .

wannable

Thank you for clarifying, still as I said before IMO I honestly don't see the difference of named or unnamed sources talking about Kate's work and actions behind the scene, revising quickly the different scenarios and journalist or quoted who said what wording hasn't much changed.

I do love the diverse opinions we all have.

Cheers.

Macrobug

This isn't a new thing, Kate tearing up.  She teared up at the hospice in Australia, on other visits to the hospices, at the Cenotaph, at the WW1 events, at the War Horse gala.  She is emotional  :shrug:   I don't see it as calculated PR.
GNU Terry Pratchett

wannable

Quote from: Macrobug on November 26, 2014, 03:35:30 PM
This isn't a new thing, Kate tearing up.  She teared up at the hospice in Australia, on other visits to the hospices, at the Cenotaph, at the WW1 events, at the War Horse gala.  She is emotional  :shrug:   I don't see it as calculated PR.

Right! I've been asked watery eyed, about to cry, behind the scene work, but is all in the rif, or Internet browsers. All chatrity ispokesperson, named and unnamed have said she does, just like in this yesterday charity event.  I see no slight, mid or huge difference.  Some people will not believe she designed cried or whatever in the past, It's just different POV. Nothing wrong. I disagreed, and said all what was mentioned yesterday by press has been written, discussed, etc in the past.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on November 26, 2014, 03:18:20 PM
Thank you for clarifying, still as I said before IMO I honestly don't see the difference of named or unnamed sources talking about Kate's work and actions behind the scene, revising quickly the different scenarios and journalist or quoted who said what wording hasn't much changed.

I do love the diverse opinions we all have.

Cheers.
:goodpost: Agreed. Having a diversity of opinions is what makes RIF a standout IMO. It is neither a sugar nor a vinegar forum. :thumbsup:

Double post auto-merged: November 26, 2014, 04:17:30 PM

Quote from: Macrobug on November 26, 2014, 03:35:30 PM
And being pregnant she's at the mercy of those HORMONES!!!

TLLK

EACH has announced that their appeal has now raised over 100,000 pounds to help fund a new charity facility.

TLLK

EACH is hoping to install a new hydrotherapy pool in the new facility. Considering that appeals from charity groups are very prominent just before the holidays, it's great to see that EACH has been able to raise so much in the way of donations.

Macrobug

GNU Terry Pratchett

cinrit

QuoteEast Anglian Children’s Hospice Appeal Backed by Duchess of Cambridge Smashes Through £100k Mark

A multi-million pound fundraising appeal for a new purpose-built children’s hospice has smashed through the £100,000 mark less than three weeks after it was launched by the Duchess of Cambridge.

Bosses at East Anglian Children’s Hospices (EACH), currently based at Quidennham, need to raise £10m to move into a new base, called the nook, at Framingham Earl, near Norwich, which will have Norfolk’s first hydrotheraphy pool.

And just weeks after the Duchess launched the Eastern Daily Press-backed appeal at the Norfolk Showground last month, an impressive £100,551.62 has so far been raised.

Mark Loades, EACH Norfolk partnerships manager, said: “We’re absolutely delighted to announce that the nook appeal fundraising total has broken the £100,000 mark and we’re incredibly grateful to everyone who has contributed to this figure however large or small.

More: East Anglian Children?s Hospice appeal backed by Duchess of Cambridge smashes through £100k mark - News - Norwich Evening News

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.