Prince George's Trip to Australia and New Zealand with The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

Started by PrincessOfPeace, April 07, 2014, 03:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HereditaryPrincess

QuoteThe Duchess of Cambridge was spotted discreetly wiping Prince George's drool on her designer dress during a visit to Sydney's Taronga Zoo yesterday.

Now in full-blown teething mode at eight months old, the infant constantly dribbled as he came face-to-face with various animals, including a bilby named in his honor.

Without a cloth or a bib to hand, his mother Kate, 32, used her hand to stop the saliva from getting on his smart sailor-style shirt.

Kate, the hands-on mother! Duchess wipes teething George's saliva on her own designer outfit | Mail Online

I think the article is a little harsh. George is dribbling because he is most probably teething.

ForeverYoung

George is quite the cutie. He seems to have a confident, content, very energetic personality. Given all of the crowds around him, the flashing photographers, and just his new surroundings and likely disruption in routine, he's been incredibly well behaved on this trip.

The drooling article does seem rather harsh. He's a baby and he's at the age of teething. Babies drool in general but especially teething babies. I will give the Duchess props for being a hands-on mom in that situation and just wiping his drool off him and on whatever surface she could find, including her designer dress. Not every mother, especially one as public as the Duchess is, would do that and risk their designer frock. 

robynrose

Think most moms would have a cloth to wipe the baby's mouth  when out in public . Doing that in public in her position does not say hands on mom to me   She gets dress , nanny dresses baby , hands baby to them to put in car , photo shoot at zoo very brief ok it is the nanny's fault when she did hand over should have given Kate a cloth   baby back to nanny  play in the park

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Lothwen

I don't see anything wrong with it, but I am surprised Kate isn't carrying a diaper bag or a burp rag. 
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Limabeany

I didn't see anything wrong with her wiping her hand on her dress or anything admirable, just life happening...  :shrug:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

TLLK

Just wait till baby number two...everything will be drool ready.  :nod:

HsHCharlene

Prince George has ?added an extra fat roll on tour?, says the Duchess of Cambridge | News.com.au

She may be too addicted to weight watching. I do like her but that comment seemed a bit odd to me. She's watching his weight too it seems.

Lothwen

I think Kate's just somebody who speaks before she thinks sometimes, especially when she's around strangers.  She doesn't seem to have learned the art of small talk.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Limabeany

Quote from: Lothwen on April 23, 2014, 01:20:13 AM
I think Kate's just somebody who speaks before she thinks sometimes, especially when she's around strangers.  She doesn't seem to have learned the art of small talk.
I agree, but I think Kate does not read anything about her, either she was told not to or she doesn't care and assumes it will all be good, after saying William thought her dress too bright and people criticizing William for it, she then went on to say he called her a banana so he could be criticized again? :hmm: and then to mock his baldness in public in front of strangers...  :hmm: This is why she prefers engagements with children, she can just look pretty and talk about their pigtails...

TLLK

Quote from: HsHCharlene on April 23, 2014, 01:17:47 AM
Prince George has ?added an extra fat roll on tour?, says the Duchess of Cambridge | News.com.au

She may be too addicted to weight watching. I do like her but that comment seemed a bit odd to me. She's watching his weight too it seems.
He's a growing baby so I'm not surprised that he's put on some weight and parents will notice these details. Infants tend grow out before they grow up according to my pediatrician. George will be adding some inches to his length soon so those outfits will be too small. :D

PrincessOfPeace

The first comment I make about every baby is how chubby they are' Fat rolls are what makes them adorable. To me it was a normal thing to say, certainly for me.

cinrit

Her comment before the "fat roll" comment was that George is changing so much while they've been away.  I agree, the "fat roll" comment was just a normal part of adding how much he's grown.  He's a big boy, he'll start growing vertically real soon.  And maybe a couple more fat rolls. :happy:

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

AyVey

I don't mind the fat roll comment. I think Kate is a good mother, this is the only good thing I can say about her. She is useless as a public figure but a good mum.

When will we see little cutie again, seriously he is the best thing about these two. I still can't believe W&K produced such an adorable baby. He has more personality then both of his parents put together.

If you don't want to be criticized at all then say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.....

missbliss

I have to say that when I saw her wipe the drool, it brought back memories.  I was always one of those "unprepared mothers" (I used to say I was an amateur at it).  Some mothers always had wipes, cheerios, change of clothes etc.etc.  I never seemed to have them to hand.  But she turned out well anyway!  (And told me she preferred me to the "professional moms" - thanks kiddo!)

The roll of fat comment seemed like a way to make small talk and to emphasize how well George had adapted to living in the Antipodes.  Nothing derogatory in the statement.

SophieChloe

Quote from: missbliss on April 23, 2014, 07:16:32 PM
I have to say that when I saw her wipe the drool, it brought back memories.  I was always one of those "unprepared mothers" (I used to say I was an amateur at it).  Some mothers always had wipes, cheerios, change of clothes etc.etc.  I never seemed to have them to hand.  But she turned out well anyway! 
Oh me too.  Even though I took half of the house with us each time we left home...I was always unprepared.   
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

cinrit

TLLK

^^^Along with a few other fluids when your children are very young. ;) Word to the wise. Don't ever buy your children a hot dog from the National Park service kiosk outside the Jefferson Memorial in Washington D.C. :no:

TLLK

Let's just say that it now has a new nickname. Never saw Nat'l. Park Ranger move that quickly before that visit.

Lady Adams

Quote from: TLLK on April 23, 2014, 10:49:00 PM
^^^Along with a few other fluids when your children are very young. ;) Word to the wise. Don't ever buy your children a hot dog from the National Park service kiosk outside the Jefferson Memorial in Washington D.C. :no:
DC has some of the very best food trucks, and none of them can be parked outside the National Mall. Thus, you get boiled in who-knows-what hot dogs as your only option! Gaaah!  :soap:
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

cinrit

A few years ago, when I lived in D.C., one of the local television channels did a exposé on food trucks around the capitol.  Let's just say I wouldn't eat from any of them.  Or maybe they changed after that exposé. :blank:

Cindy

Limabeany

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/24/fashion/prince-george-ascending-to-the-throne-of-trendsetter.html?_r=0

"Every mother, especially the British ones, dream of dressing their children like the royal baby," said Christine Innamorato, the creative director of Bonpoint, an upscale children's clothier. "He might only be 9 months old, but Prince George is already a trendsetter, just like his mother."